Help.. (Wishlist)

Help.. // Wishlist

1  |

ryan.

Aug 5, 2001, 9:48pm
i have a desktop theme on and i dont know if its making my computer slow....
Can somone tell me if they are known to slow down your computer..

thanks

RyanBirkin at hotmail.com
Ryan.

john viper

Aug 5, 2001, 10:40pm
"ryan." <RyanBirkin at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3b6ddb4e at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i have a desktop theme on and i dont know if its making my computer
> slow.... Can somone tell me if they are known to slow down your
> computer..
>
> thanks
>
> RyanBirkin at hotmail.com
> Ryan.

Desktop themes in particular do no harm (even if you are not running a
different theme, you still have the default Windows running.) However,
Active Desktop is a horrible resource hog, and generally unstable. More
than likely, your theme uses active desktop to display the desktop
background. You can disable it by going to your desktop properties and then
the Web tab, then uncheck "Show Web Content on my Active Desktop". When the
dialog box comes up saying "The wallpaper you selected can be shown on the
desktop only if Active Desktop is enabled." Click No. You will lose the
pretty background but save your precious resources. If you would like to
still view the background, you can just convert the file to a BMP and it
will work without Active Desktop.

Jeff Tickle (John Viper, #296714)
jviper at jtsoft.net
http://www.jtsoft.net

eep

Aug 6, 2001, 12:38am
Um, excuse me! Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! This is NOT related to AW! Hence, it should be deleted. Go to general.discussion, putzes!

wing

Aug 6, 2001, 1:40am
Oh god, Eep must've been melded to a 14 year old female. If he stays this way it'll be even more annoying than before

- Check the color depth, 16 bit (65536) are fine, more can kill
performance (for AW)

- some animated cursors seem to cause trouble on some machines

You can easily find out if the reason is the desktop theme
by just using none and checking if the problem disappears
with the theme.

Volker

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

j b e l l

Aug 6, 2001, 6:29am
I was waiting for your response..

I totally agree.. this not only has nothing to do with "wishlist" it also has nothing to do with AW.. what an innapropriate post! I
hope he gets the info he wants, because he's gonna get flamed out of his mind once more people see that.. lol

[View Quote]

birdmike

Aug 14, 2001, 3:44pm
LOL, Eep the Valley Girl.

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Aug 14, 2001, 4:34pm
Hey Facter.. where are ya? Personal insult.. defamation of character.. very
bad..