I'm sure that this has been asked..... (Wishlist)

I'm sure that this has been asked..... // Wishlist

1  |

asteriskman

Aug 3, 2001, 4:01am
I'm sure that this has been brought up plenty of times before, but what is
the posiblility of one day playing SEQ files for all objects? It could be
an action line like 'activate animate move1.seq' ?? this would alow for
alot more than simple rotate and move commands.
AsteriskMan
PS. hello group :-)

john viper

Aug 3, 2001, 8:42am
"asteriskman" <no-one at no-where.net> wrote in
news:3b6a3e43 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm sure that this has been brought up plenty of times before, but what
> is the posiblility of one day playing SEQ files for all objects? It
> could be an action line like 'activate animate move1.seq' ?? this
> would alow for alot more than simple rotate and move commands.
> AsteriskMan
> PS. hello group :-)

I personally think dropping SEQs (as they are now) and going with the
skeletal thing (which could be used on some objects too) is a great idea...

Jeff Tickle (John Viper, #296714)
jviper at jtsoft.net
http://www.jtsoft.net

that sounds bad... no, Roland should rather work a bit on the SEQs, allow
sounds to be played, and an important feature: vertex movement, that way we
could recreate more advanced movement, like facial expressions...

wyzard360

Aug 3, 2001, 3:55pm
The "skeletal thing" john viper was talking about, and the "vertex movement"
your talking about are the same thing.

[View Quote]

agent1

Aug 3, 2001, 4:30pm
Not really... Skeletal animation is a different way of animating models. "Vertex movement" would be a way of changing the model's vertices relative to the rest of the model.