Avatar Updates... (Wishlist)

Avatar Updates... // Wishlist

1  |

j b e l l

Feb 26, 2001, 10:03pm
I think that it should automatically re-dl the avatars.dat file (if the size
is different, maybe) when you enter a world.. all to often you get suprised
by others telling you of your shanubia av when you intend to be a butch or
something.. this would especially be benifit to pb worlds-and the people who
try to cheat in them..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------4D29A772611554878EBFB9EA

Maybe an intermediate solution :

http://www.jefftech.net/avatarsdat.html

Tacoguy wrote it to make removing only the avatars.dat file easier -
instead of removing the whole cache as many do it

j b e l l schrieb:

> I think that it should automatically re-dl the avatars.dat file (if the size
> is different, maybe) when you enter a world.. all to often you get suprised
> by others telling you of your shanubia av when you intend to be a butch or
> something.. this would especially be benifit to pb worlds-and the people who
> try to cheat in them..
>
> --
>
> J B E L L
> http://platinum.awjbell.com
> G O I N G P L A T I N U M
--------------4D29A772611554878EBFB9EA

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------4D29A772611554878EBFB9EA--

j b e l l

Feb 27, 2001, 11:02pm
cool program.. i'll find it usefull hehe..

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com
G O I N G P L A T I N U M

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------DD18921E1C3CD46F02BCE2B7

Optional way, same result using a saved search.
I translate a german version so the dialog texts might be slightly
different :

- Click the windows taskbar and press F3 while it has the focus, or use
the startmenu / search.
- In the name field enter "avatars.dat" (without the quotes)
- in the location field the complete path to the cache (e.g. "c:\Active
Worlds\cache\art")
- click the search button and wait for the result
- in the menu click "File" - "Save search"

You now have a ".fnd" file on your desktop that will repeat the search
everytime you start it.
You can remove a file direct from the search results by pressing Shift
and Del together.

j b e l l schrieb:

> cool program.. i'll find it usefull hehe..
>
> --
>
> J B E L L
> http://platinum.awjbell.com
> G O I N G P L A T I N U M