Speed Limit!!! (Wishlist)

Speed Limit!!! // Wishlist

1  2  |

lanezeri

Feb 2, 2001, 9:22pm
I wish I knew how fast I was going LOL.. it would be fun..

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------FE1124B941DCFD81CE5EC327

AV dependant speed? Max. speed in avatars.dat? And maybe the option to
disable flying for avatars without wings for example?

It would really be fun to have AVs with different abilities

lanezeri schrieb:

> I wish I knew how fast I was going LOL.. it would be fun..
--------------FE1124B941DCFD81CE5EC327

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FE1124B941DCFD81CE5EC327--

nova n@n.com

Feb 3, 2001, 12:13pm
that does sound cool
want to go beond aws normal speed ?
go here and download mouse buddy
http://www.caywen.com/MouseBuddy/
fire it up set the snsitivity for the axes to 512
click mouse move in aw browser use a joy stick button to emulate the right
mouse button hold down ctrl and push foward you can out run bots that are
following you and every one else to :)
[View Quote]

felix2001

Feb 3, 2001, 3:45pm
I think that they should just have a speed thing on the status bar that says
how fast you're going - and maybe there should be a special AW add on that
asks you for a place and calculates how long it will take you to get there!
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 3, 2001, 4:16pm
that would be really cool...

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

sw comit

Feb 3, 2001, 6:51pm
I've done the math for this a long time ago. When your holding ctrl on the
ground, you go about 41 mph, lol...

lanezeri

Feb 3, 2001, 10:07pm
I don't hold ctrl.. and it is pretty much impossible to tell how fast you go
because you don't have a ruler of any kind to tell how far you go.. and if
ctrl is 40 mph then I would be going like 100+

sw comit

Feb 3, 2001, 10:55pm
You do to have a ruler. You count how many coords you went in a second (or
two) by looking at your position. Or if you want to be more exact, use a
bot to tell you your exact coords.

rolu

Feb 4, 2001, 2:32pm
[View Quote] or run for half a minute and divide the amount of coords you did by 30. The
longer you run, the more exact it will be.

rolu

lanezeri

Feb 4, 2001, 5:26pm
That just tells you how many coords in a minute bud.. you need to take a
higher math class or something.. MPH is how many MILES in one hour.. not how
many degrees you go in a minute..

rolu

Feb 4, 2001, 5:49pm
[View Quote] erm, first learn to think a bit yourself, bud. Going from coords per SECOND
(not minute) to miles per hour is just a matter of multiplying by a given
constant. What I was talking about was a way to make measuring it more
accurate. I assumed everybody here to be intelligent enough to do the
remainder of the calculation themselves. Guess I overestimated your mental
capabilities, though...

Rolu

lanezeri

Feb 4, 2001, 6:07pm
Your obviously a fuckin moron.. that is cps.. COORDS per second.. I want to
know the MILES per HOUR.. or somethin in that area.. don't tell me I am
stupid alright.. you figure you travel 3 street pieces in 5 seconds.. then
figure the real amount of length a street block is.. then make the
calculations from there.. there is no way to find MPH unless you do
something in that area.. now tell me who is the stupid one..

rolu

Feb 4, 2001, 6:50pm
[View Quote] It's "you are", and, indeed, you are.

> that is cps.. COORDS per second..

Applause.

> I want to know the MILES per HOUR..

I wonder if you are capable of "knowing things", but anyway...

> or somethin in that area.. don't tell me I am stupid alright..

Why not? You obviously are.

> you figure you travel 3 street pieces in 5 seconds.. then
> figure the real amount of length a street block is.. then make the
> calculations from there..

Exactly! Congratulations, you got it.

> there is no way to find MPH unless you do
> something in that area.. now tell me who is the stupid one..

You, obviously. I'll explain.

You said:

"You count how many coords you went in a second (or two)"

This will give you a horribly inaccurate figure due to starting and stopping
to run, your (an everyone's) inability to do things precise to the second,
and because it's not possible to exactly see how far you went (unless you
use a bot).

I then said:

"or run for half a minute and divide the amount of coords you did by 30. The
longer you run, the more exact it will be."

The inaccuracy caused by all three influences I mentioned above will be
about 15 times smaller when you run for 30 seconds than when you run for 2
seconds.

Then, for some obscure reason, you said:

"That just tells you how many coords in a minute bud.."

Now, let's compare that to the post I replied on:

"You do to have a ruler. You count how many coords you went in a second (or
two) by looking at your position. Or if you want to be more exact, use a
bot to tell you your exact coords."

Now, if you take this in an exact way, you don't even get coords in a
minute, but only an amount of coords. This is obviously silly, and everybody
could guess that you have to complete the calculation yourself. *Exaclty the
same* goes for my post: it's not a complete calculation, but only a base.
Somehow you failed to understand that, and started to complain about some
non-existing mistake you made yourself first.

Rolu

sw comit

Feb 4, 2001, 7:26pm
what the hell, are you some kinda idiot? You just do the converations from
coords to meters to feet, then from seconds to hours, it's not that hard.

lanezeri

Feb 4, 2001, 7:55pm
> what the hell, are you some kinda idiot? You just do the > converations
from
> coords to meters to feet, then from seconds to hours, >it's not that hard.

that is inacurate stupid.. that just proves you can do basic math.. god you
fucking idiots need help..

sw comit

Feb 4, 2001, 7:58pm
Making an even bigger fool of yourself you. It's not inaccurate, you use a
little tool called a converter smart guy.

captain mad mike

Feb 4, 2001, 8:13pm
loook whoooos talking
[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 4, 2001, 9:28pm
[View Quote] geez, you really must be dumb. Or you think you know something you obviously
don't know. Anyway, it's not inaccurate. The only inaccuracy here that
matters is the one introduced by your horrible way of measuring - and I
already provided a fix for that. But you didn't seem to understand that
either. Anyway you made a big fool out of yourself.

Rolu

j b e l l

Feb 4, 2001, 10:40pm
i'm personally dissapointed with all of you.. this much fuss over finding
out how "fast" you walk.. in aw.. i mean seriously.. don't tell me your THIS
pathetic!

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

sw comit

Feb 5, 2001, 2:58am
yup ^_^

Actually you can go that fast without Mouse Buddy. If Mouse Buddy, makes it
even faster, I'm not sure, but you can still outrun bots.

Just switch to Mouse-movement mode, hold down Control, and your right mouse
button, then move your mouse like the blazes of Hell.

:)
SW Chris

[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 6, 2001, 8:55am
[View Quote] Use a bump warp thingie that warps you far away. Fly a thousand miles in a
second. Now *that's* fast :-)

rolu

john viper

Feb 6, 2001, 10:47pm
Here I will do it for you.

When the corrdinates display in your title bar increases/decreases one, then you have travelled 10
meters in that direction. So, the distance between 0n 0w and 1n 0w is 10 meters. Now, if 1 coord
is 10 meters, then 100 coords is 1000 meters, or, *gasp*, 1 kilometer (km). So you measure the time
it takes to get from 0n 0w to 99n 0w, and you have how long it takes to travel one kilometer. For
some countries this is enough, but for those who still use the Imperial system, we gotta think back
to good ol' Algebra 1. We know that 1km = 0.621 miles. Lets see here, that means that 100 coords,
or 1000 meters, is 0.621 miles. (Please correct me if my math is wrong. I am in an Algebra 1 class
right now and have learned this, but I remembered it for the test and no further.)

Now, knowing all this, we can convert anything if it involves coords, meters, and/or miles. Lets
use a hypothetical situation. (I have not tried this, it is just random numbers. Someone else can
get a stopwatch and have that fun.) It takes Cedric 1 hour to run from 0n 0w to 199n 0w. Therefore
it takes him 1 hour to run 200 coords, or 2000m, or 2km. Lets look at this model:

2 km total x miles
------------ ------------
1 km = .621 miles

To find x, we cross-multiply then divide.

..621 x 2 = 1.242

1.242 / 1 = 1.242

THEREFORE, Cedric ran about 1.3 miles in 1 hour, travelling at a rate of approx. 1.3 MPH.

Using this rate, you can find out how fast you either walk or run in AW, or in the real world.
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net

Friends don't let friends do C#
http://java.sun.com
If you can't get help from Java, please, never develop software.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Feb 6, 2001, 11:43pm
If you want more accurate timing, time yourself in the middle of nowhere, so
your computer doesn't lag from objects.

lanezeri

Feb 7, 2001, 1:56am
Now tell me this.. how do u know 0n to 1n is 1 meter? See.. no one fuckin
listens..

j b e l l

Feb 7, 2001, 2:19am
0n to 1n is actually 10 meters.. it says so somewhere in aw (i read it once,
i swear to you that, but where, i can't remember)

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

sw comit

Feb 7, 2001, 3:44am
That and you can measure it with objects. For example a pole1m03.rwx is 1
meter long. pp01 is 4 meters long. pp01m is 8, pp01m_h is 10. It also
shows raw meters on your altitude.

rolu

Feb 7, 2001, 8:55am
[View Quote] It's prolly more accurate for the "true" (or maximum) speed, but in general
you run around in places with objects. So, for a more realistic measurement
you would want the lag in. Even better yet, measure both and see how much
lagging from objects influences you. Try it in different area's too, might
give some interesting results.

rolu

andras

Feb 7, 2001, 8:59am
First - wash your mouth it stinks.
Second - AW's coordinate system uses 10m units for a coordinate. All the objects and avatars are scaled properly (average height of an avatar is 1.8 meter - or 6' for you technically challenged). If that one is not good enough for you:
Third - read http://tnlc.com/rw/measurement.html .

Hope that help,
Andras

[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 7, 2001, 9:08am
[View Quote] There's one problem here, if you are near the edge of a cell a few
millimeters could be enough. You solved this by running through multiple
cells, though.

> So, the distance between 0n 0w and 1n 0w is 10 meters. Now, if 1 coord
> is 10 meters, then 100 coords is 1000 meters, or, *gasp*, 1 kilometer
(km). So you measure the time
> it takes to get from 0n 0w to 99n 0w, and you have how long it takes to
travel one kilometer.

This is right. Influences from things like starting to run and not being
able to see your coords more precise than 10m will not matter much if you go
100 coords.

> For
> some countries this is enough, but for those who still use the Imperial
system, we gotta think back
> to good ol' Algebra 1. We know that 1km = 0.621 miles. Lets see here,
that means that 100 coords,
> or 1000 meters, is 0.621 miles. (Please correct me if my math is wrong.
I am in an Algebra 1 class
> right now and have learned this, but I remembered it for the test and no
further.)

seems correct to me.

> Now, knowing all this, we can convert anything if it involves coords,
meters, and/or miles. Lets
> use a hypothetical situation. (I have not tried this, it is just random
numbers. Someone else can
> get a stopwatch and have that fun.) It takes Cedric 1 hour to run from 0n
0w to 199n 0w.
> Therefore it takes him 1 hour to run 200 coords, or 2000m, or 2km. Lets
look at this model:

> 2 km total x miles
> 1 km = .621 miles
>
> To find x, we cross-multiply then divide.
>
> .621 x 2 = 1.242
>
> 1.242 / 1 = 1.242
>
> THEREFORE, Cedric ran about 1.3 miles in 1 hour, travelling at a rate of
approx. 1.3 MPH.

yup

rolu