Avatars menu structured (Wishlist)

Avatars menu structured // Wishlist

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B0B546C9B52AF7603AC2CF23

As some well-filled avatar menus don't fit to most screen resolutions
(some still use 640x480 ~:-\ ) my idea instead of a combobox (was posted
somewhere here earlier) would be a hierarchy like this :

name=Female
endavatar

name=Male
endavatar

name=female/Abi
endavatar

name=female/Charlene
endavatar

name=male/Dredd
endavatar

name=male/Cedric
endavatar

name=animals/Birde
endavatar

name=animals/Cat
endavatar

OR (for compatibility) an optional keyword line "Type=female" to create
such a submenu and add the AV there
--------------B0B546C9B52AF7603AC2CF23

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B0B546C9B52AF7603AC2CF23--

rolu

Jan 4, 2001, 9:44pm
Or a button called "avatar" which brings up a window where you can select
the avatar you want from a scrollable list, with a preview pane of the
avatar, rotating around so you can see what it will look like.

Rolu

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------3BFA11F2A3ED457C6B0836EE

I tried to stay realistic *g

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3BFA11F2A3ED457C6B0836EE--

rolu

Jan 5, 2001, 2:45pm
except for the rotating avatar in the preview pane, this should be quite
easy. Maybe change it into a text field with some data about the avatar? For
example, name, age, sex, height, and some extra stuff the creator of the
avatar could put in, and then a normal picture of the avatar (again made by
the builder), so you can see how it looks. Should be quite easy.

Rolu

[View Quote]

agent1

Jan 5, 2001, 4:50pm
Well, actually, you'd have to just add another "viewport" and render the avatar. Not too hard if it's already been downloaded.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------315AA18727E6DB0662F54B79

Downloading 255 avatars "just in case"? Including textures? AARGH !!!!

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------315AA18727E6DB0662F54B79--

agent1

Jan 5, 2001, 7:45pm
No... you could have an option to only preview lready-downloaded avatars. Or maybe a little "Download..." button next to each.

rolu

Jan 5, 2001, 7:51pm
[View Quote] no, on demand, of course, just like it works now. If the avatar has already
been downloaded, you'll see it immediately in the preview pane, otherwise
when you select it it will be downloaded, and the pane will say something
like "downloading..." until it has arrived.

Rolu

> agent1 schrieb:
avatar. Not too hard if it's already been downloaded.

agent fox mulder

Jan 6, 2001, 5:59pm
To Fix That-1):Press The Button Next To Minimize
2):Move The Window That Activeworlds Is In To the Very Side Of your
Screen Until U Can Only See "fIle"
3):Click File Then Use Your -> Key Until the Avatars Show Up
4):Now They Should All Be There

Other solution:
Try To Use A Different DeskTop theme
------------

sw comit

Jan 7, 2001, 3:00pm
clever =)

ananas

Jan 8, 2001, 12:34am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7094D324AC7000E2C68AE380

My problem is that I do not have this problem (I use 1152x864)

It is a problem that many of our visitors have so it would be better to
have a solution that doesn't force people to change their settings.

Thanks :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7094D324AC7000E2C68AE380--