ENTRY LIST to private worlds (Wishlist)

ENTRY LIST to private worlds // Wishlist

1  |  

princess tia

Oct 13, 1998, 3:05am
I would really like to see enhancements to the entry list to a private
world. Currently,
we must enter the citizen numbers of those we want to have entry to
private worlds.
When entering multiple numbers, it's easy to lose track of who is
associated with
which number. A drop down menu which would show citizen number and aw
name
of those on the entry list would be cool.

I'm also wondering, is there some limit as to the number of persons we
can put
on the entry list?

Another thing that i would like to see addressed, is that if someone is
granted
entry into a private world, unauthorized persons can also gain entry by
using
the privileges of that person. If there would be some way to stop entry
into
private worlds in this way, it would be great..

PT

scott d. miller

Oct 13, 1998, 5:36am
[View Quote] Really Princess? :-/ <thinking> :-\ <really hard>

ScottyDM

--
Please send all SPAMS, FLAMES, and CONSPIRACY THEORIES to scottydm at cwia.com
Send all other IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE to scottydm at codenet.net
___
/////\\ Digitally Enhanced Portrait of:
{|-0-0-|} Scott D. Miller,
| % | Silicon Mercenary
\===/ Freelance Chip Designer

always #5 FOO = ~FOO; // the sound of a beating heart

green eyes

Oct 13, 1998, 10:21am
Very Good points Princess...
I had considered making my world private also, but my addition to this wish
would be that more than 250 characters be associated with the list of
citizen numbers one can add to a private world. As it is now with the
citizen numbers at 6 each, and take into account the comma between them, you
can get between 40 and 42 users only as allowable into the world. I realize
it was designed for smaller worlds but even a larger world would be able to
be a private one with just citizens being allowed into it. I guess my gripe
in owning a larger world is that the tourists are the hassle because they
don't care about anything because they haven't invested in anything, and
those would be the ones I would like to keep out. Making the world private
would be the only way to do it, but it would be impossible for me to go
private because of the amount of citizens who are building in my world. Oh
well, a wish is a wish.
Green Eyes

[View Quote]

cdm

Oct 13, 1998, 1:51pm
You can add a few numbers by leaving out the commas. The program ignores
them anyways. Just thought I would mention it.
--
REINSTATE PROTAGONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Eyes <terri at twisti.org> wrote in article <36234982.0 at homer>...
> Very Good points Princess...
> I had considered making my world private also, but my addition to this
wish
> would be that more than 250 characters be associated with the list of
> citizen numbers one can add to a private world. As it is now with the
> citizen numbers at 6 each, and take into account the comma between them,
you
> can get between 40 and 42 users only as allowable into the world. I
realize
> it was designed for smaller worlds but even a larger world would be able
to
> be a private one with just citizens being allowed into it. I guess my
gripe
> in owning a larger world is that the tourists are the hassle because they
> don't care about anything because they haven't invested in anything, and
> those would be the ones I would like to keep out. Making the world
private
> would be the only way to do it, but it would be impossible for me to go
> private because of the amount of citizens who are building in my world.
Oh
> well, a wish is a wish.
> Green Eyes
>
[View Quote]

byte me

Oct 13, 1998, 9:52pm
I think its 50 people :)
[View Quote]

princess tia

Oct 14, 1998, 1:00am
scotty,... .. .......huh? heheh
PT :)

[View Quote] [View Quote]

scott d. miller

Oct 14, 1998, 5:45am
[View Quote] Ok, here is an idea:

You now have an INclusion list were you have to place citizen numbers for those
you want IN the world. How about an EXclusion list for citizen numbers of those
you want to keep OUT of the world. Of course you would only be able to use one
list at time.

Examples:
Inclusion list Exclusion list
1234 (Princess Tia) 0 (tourist)
2345 (ScottyDM) 9876 (rude to PT)
3456 (another PT friend) 8765 (cheated PT out of $)
4567 (PT friend #3) 7654 (telegram bombs PT)
5678 (etc, etc) 6543 (etc, etc)

This way you could MOSTLY open up your world. Perhaps the "immigration officer"
could send a special message to someone on the exclusion list as "IO" shows them
the way out.

ScottyDM

--
REINSTATE PROTAGONIST!
Please send all SPAMS, FLAMES, and CONSPIRACY THEORIES to scottydm at cwia.com
Send all other IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE to scottydm at codenet.net
___
/////\\ Digitally Enhanced Portrait of:
{|-0-0-|} Scott D. Miller,
| % | Silicon Mercenary
\===/ Freelance Chip Designer

always #5 FOO = ~FOO; // the sound of a beating heart

cdm

Oct 14, 1998, 8:51am
I have been requesting this feature for two years. Still nothing.
--
REINSTATE PROTAGONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Ok, here is an idea:
>
> You now have an INclusion list were you have to place citizen numbers for
those
> you want IN the world. How about an EXclusion list for citizen numbers of
those
> you want to keep OUT of the world. Of course you would only be able to
use one
> list at time.
>
> Examples:
> Inclusion list Exclusion list
> 1234 (Princess Tia) 0 (tourist)
> 2345 (ScottyDM) 9876 (rude to PT)
> 3456 (another PT friend) 8765 (cheated PT out of $)
> 4567 (PT friend #3) 7654 (telegram bombs PT)
> 5678 (etc, etc) 6543 (etc, etc)
>
> This way you could MOSTLY open up your world. Perhaps the "immigration
officer"
> could send a special message to someone on the exclusion list as "IO"
shows them
> the way out.
>
> ScottyDM
>

grover

Oct 14, 1998, 7:39pm
and you can add even more people if their cit# is only two numbers long hint
hint <g>

grover

[View Quote] > You can add a few numbers by leaving out the commas. The program ignores
> them anyways. Just thought I would mention it.
> --
> REINSTATE PROTAGONIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Green Eyes <terri at twisti.org> wrote in article <36234982.0 at homer>...
> wish
> you
> realize
> to
> gripe
> private
> Oh

princess tia

Oct 14, 1998, 8:53pm
hehehe excellent idea :))

PT

[View Quote] [View Quote]

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn