multiple recipients (Wishlist)

multiple recipients // Wishlist

1  |  

facter

May 1, 1998, 4:32am
I want a multiple recipients tab on my damn telegrams !!!!! It'd be nice
to be able to send messages to more than one person at a time =)

Fac.

joadsghost@hotmail.com (sidris)

May 1, 1998, 4:34am
Yeah, just to tell 'em all to leave me alone!

In article <35496C6F.D6E2C522 at iinet.net.au>, facter at iinet.net.au says...
> I want a multiple recipients tab on my damn telegrams !!!!! It'd be nice
> to be able to send messages to more than one person at a time =)
>
> Fac.
>
>

eep²

May 1, 1998, 4:54am
Or to spam. Hopefully a user (contact list or otherwise) mute option will be available along with it.

[View Quote] > Yeah, just to tell 'em all to leave me alone!
>
> In article <35496C6F.D6E2C522 at iinet.net.au>, facter at iinet.net.au says...

fgdh

May 1, 1998, 2:50pm
sing a-long with Monty Python

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM........


Eep² <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in article <354971AD.152EDDEE at tnlc.com>...
> Or to spam. Hopefully a user (contact list or otherwise) mute option will
be available along with it.

builderz

May 2, 1998, 12:36pm
That'd be a good idea, sort of like the ICQ mass message feature. Just, I
don't know if the COF server(s) would be able to do a load that quickly or
efficiently as ICQ's optimized "for-chat-only" servers, if you know what I
mean. But if you were only sending to like two or three people, it would
probably work fine.

[View Quote] > I want a multiple recipients tab on my damn telegrams !!!!! It'd be nice
> to be able to send messages to more than one person at a time =)
>
> Fac.

grover

May 3, 1998, 3:26pm
STOP! ActiveWorlds is going to start charging an extra $.10 per telegram. For
every person you send this telegram to, you will get one free credit.

[View Quote] > sing a-long with Monty Python
>
> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM........
>
> Eep² <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in article <354971AD.152EDDEE at tnlc.com>...
> be available along with it.



--
_______________________________________________________________
http://www.grovers.com/ ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-.__
steve at grovers.com `6_ 6 ) `-. ( ). `-.__.`)
steve at synergycorp.com (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
Custom Objects and Avatars! _..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
___________________________(il),-'' (li),' ((!.-'__________

technozeus

May 3, 1998, 5:23pm
Careful Grover... Some people may "actually" not recognize that you meant
that in jest. (You might start seeing your post in telegrams from people
you thought knew better.)

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

May 3, 1998, 5:29pm
Maybe a good way to control it would be to only allow world owners to send
mass messages (to a maximum of maybe 20 people) and let the rest of us do it
the hard way if we want to send out the same message to many people at once.
Fact is, it's not something most people should be doing very often (if ever)
anyway, and at present you can only put 100 people on your contact list....
how hard could it possibly be to message them all?

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

facter

May 4, 1998, 3:33am
LOLOLOL . ..hehehehehe =))
F.

[View Quote] > STOP! ActiveWorlds is going to start charging an extra $.10 per telegram. For
> every person you send this telegram to, you will get one free credit.
>
[View Quote]

facter

May 4, 1998, 3:40am
yes, the option to only let world owners do it is a really goods pne. . I'd
basically use it to make announcements of events happening in my world to omy
friends. . . there IS another way it could be done tho.

Instead of having a mass telegram option, they could amke it so that you could
make inter-world Immigration officer messages . .. eg, you could ahve a list in
youir world options for cross-world IO messages, where you put the citizens
numbers who want to be on the immigration officer message list for your world.
eg. . . a box like the enter rights. When you change the message, the
immigration officer sends messages through the world server to the actual world,
THEN it goes on to send IO messages to ever citizen number in the Immigration
Officer world list .. . something like

Immigration Officer (Pollen): Party in Pollen in 5 Minutes !!!!!

where the (Pollen) could be a variable to announce which worlds Immigration
Officer the message is from. Im not really sure how the immi offier works, I
know that it is mostly based on the world server settings, but i cant see why
the message couldnt be routed through the uniserver to those on the Immi Officer
Message list. but, this is another option to utilise it to a further extent,
they have already upped the immi officers capabilites to trasmit instantaneous
messages to the whoel world, this is jsut the next step as far as I can see =)

Fac.

[View Quote] > Maybe a good way to control it would be to only allow world owners to send
> mass messages (to a maximum of maybe 20 people) and let the rest of us do it
> the hard way if we want to send out the same message to many people at once.
> Fact is, it's not something most people should be doing very often (if ever)
> anyway, and at present you can only put 100 people on your contact list....
> how hard could it possibly be to message them all?
>
> TechnoZeus
>
[View Quote]

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn