Thread

(?)random planting of objects based on terrian height(?) (Bots)

(?)random planting of objects based on terrian height(?) // Bots

1  |

talisan

May 29, 2006, 5:33pm
By any chance has anyone ever made a bot, or script for a bot to randomly
plant objects in a world based on terrain height?

andras

May 29, 2006, 5:39pm
[View Quote] > By any chance has anyone ever made a bot, or script for a bot to randomly

http://www.andras.net/modular.html

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

talisan

May 29, 2006, 5:50pm
at _o I was making terrain the last couple of days using your program. I
looked at the tree tab several times, if I checked Generate Terrain, the tab
goes blank, so I uncheck it... then checked Generate Trees, and well all
fields on that page are unable to be edited. I'll keep checking it out :)
I'm sure there is some devious button or checkmark I am missing that will
make those fields editable.

talisan

May 29, 2006, 7:10pm
ok, after a lot of button pushing, I finally got objects to be planted :)
But, their not following the terrain, and I'm using the same settings and
file that I used to create the terrain yesterday. :) I'll keep trying...
just hope I don't throw the keyboard through the monitor ;)

Thanks Andras.

l3d

May 29, 2006, 7:15pm
You'll probably get the problem with Andras' modular fixed, but if not;
I thought Magine's MagsBot could do this. In the actions tab > build tab

http://www.turtleflight.com/magine/mb.html

Talisan schreef:
> By any chance has anyone ever made a bot, or script for a bot to randomly
> plant objects in a world based on terrain height?

andras

May 29, 2006, 7:20pm
[View Quote] > ok, after a lot of button pushing, I finally got objects to be planted :)
> But, their not following the terrain, and I'm using the same settings and
> file that I used to create the terrain yesterday. :) I'll keep trying...
> just hope I don't throw the keyboard through the monitor ;)
>
> Thanks Andras.

Use the terrain elevdump as the input, and click on the "Preset Terrain in AW" button for properly centering the world (just click OK on the dialog box)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

talisan

May 29, 2006, 8:58pm
ok, having followed your directions I finally got objects to follow the
terrain... only they are 44 clicks higher than I want them to be. So, since
you had a terrain offset, I put -4.4 in there and reran it... nada... so I
put -44 in there... huh.. useful for rocks maybe huh? Still 44 clicks above
the terrain. My monitor is safe for the moment, but my sanity is slipping :P
hehe.

talisan

May 29, 2006, 9:26pm
ok, so I had a terrain offset in AW that I removed and all the objects ended
up being on the ground, or very close to it... I went ahead and added a
terrain offset of .5 instead of the -22 I originally had, and then upped the
water level from 10 to 32 instead. So, kinda all fixed. I'll still have to
wander around and fix some objects, but I'm that much closer. You win the
door prize Andras, door 1, 2 or 3?. :P

andras

May 30, 2006, 3:46am
[View Quote] > ok, so I had a terrain offset in AW that I removed and all the objects ended
> up being on the ground, or very close to it... I went ahead and added a
> terrain offset of .5 instead of the -22 I originally had, and then upped the
> water level from 10 to 32 instead. So, kinda all fixed. I'll still have to
> wander around and fix some objects, but I'm that much closer. You win the
> door prize Andras, door 1, 2 or 3?. :P

I'm glad you succeeded :)
In the Tree tab, there is an individual height offset settings, where you can manipulate or even cause random height offsets, in the Prop tab, you can set the final offsets of the built.
Probably the later is the best place to take the terrain offset in. ( just use your AW terrain offset settings*100 since that field is in centimeter)

We use that tool in egg hunt to randomly place the eggs inworld :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

magine

Jun 1, 2006, 5:36am
[View Quote] >By any chance has anyone ever made a bot, or script for a bot to randomly
>plant objects in a world based on terrain height?

Yes, Magsbot has a "Instant Forest" button (script).

[View Quote] Poor Effort -

My Evo has an inbuilt 'end global warming' function.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

magine

--------------010704050806000506030802

Ah, that is our Strike...not satisfied to merely advertise his product,
an insult to someone else is necessary too.

However, I was merely answering Talisan's question as to whether any
such feature existed, not claiming that it was the be-all and end-all of
random-terrain-level-object-builders.

[View Quote] [View Quote]
--------------010704050806000506030802

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
Ah, that is our Strike...not satisfied to merely advertise his product,
an insult to someone else is necessary too.<br>
However, I was merely answering Talisan's question as to whether any
such feature existed, not claiming that it was the be-all and end-all
of random-terrain-level-object-builders.<br>
[View Quote] My Evo has an inbuilt 'end global warming' function.

</pre>

--------------010704050806000506030802--

You need to go get a massage, maybe sit outside looking at a waterfall for a
few hours... In short, stop being so uptight!

And learn to read a joke, yesh.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk

"We're Systems and Networks..."
"It's our job to know..."

[View Quote] However, I was merely answering Talisan's question as to whether any such
feature existed, not claiming that it was the be-all and end-all of
random-terrain-level-object-builders.

[View Quote] [View Quote] Yes, Magsbot has a "Instant Forest" button (script).