Thread

Question about bots and web aplications (Bots)

Question about bots and web aplications // Bots

1  |

l o

Apr 26, 2006, 8:16am
Hello, Im not a programmer, but I will try to explain...
I would like to have a special bot platform in my world, but also I want to
have some of features in the web menu.
For example. I want to add the system of virtual money, and to have 2D
banking (to transfer virtual money from user to user in the special web
page).
And citizens can play different games (trivia, pantball and other), to get
virtual money for it and to spend there money for
buying potion from RPG game bot, for example.
So I need the bots and the web aplications which will be interact with bots.
My question: if the web aplications must have some
special commands from AW SDK to interact with bots, or it can be usual web
aplications and web menu, and only bots
will provide connecting these aplications with AW and game bots?

jerme

Apr 26, 2006, 8:27pm
What you want to use is a MySQL database backend to store whatever
information you're interested in (the virtual money account balances,
for example)....

Then, use a bot to do the in-world interface. An Xelagot will do, as it
can connect to the database easily.

For the web interface, you can use several PHP scripts to pull data from
the database and display it on web pages.

The idea is that the database is were both the bots and the web
interface get their information. That way, they share the information
and changes from the bot (for example when someone gets money from
winning a game) will be reflected in the web interface.

Unfortunately, you will need some programming skills and knowledge of
relational databases to implement all of this, or you will need to find
someone who does have the knowledge/skills.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Jeremy

[View Quote]

l o

Apr 27, 2006, 11:42am
Thank you so much for your answer, I just try to understand how to order
creating of these features...I know, that I will order creating bots
to bot programmer in AW. But whom I have to order creating web menu? 2D
banking, web transfering virtual money, for example? And who have to create
database? Web programmer or bot maker? Is it need knowledge of AW SDK for
creating database? Can I add web applications (such as - transfering virtual
money,
personal statistics of users,creating different clubs (I would like to have
different colors of users messages from different clubs) to usual company,
which
create usual web sites?
Sorry, I absolutely do not understand these questions, but need this
information very much :-) Because I want to create my own world, which will
be especial for users.

"JerMe" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
news:444ff3ca$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> What you want to use is a MySQL database backend to store whatever
> information you're interested in (the virtual money account balances,
> for example)....
>
> Then, use a bot to do the in-world interface. An Xelagot will do, as it
> can connect to the database easily.
>
> For the web interface, you can use several PHP scripts to pull data from
> the database and display it on web pages.
>
> The idea is that the database is were both the bots and the web
> interface get their information. That way, they share the information
> and changes from the bot (for example when someone gets money from
> winning a game) will be reflected in the web interface.
>
> Unfortunately, you will need some programming skills and knowledge of
> relational databases to implement all of this, or you will need to find
> someone who does have the knowledge/skills.
>
> Hope that helps...
>
> Regards,
> Jeremy

[View Quote] Its a complex task, such systems take quite a while to develop.

Basically, you have the bot read from the same database as the web
application, updating as necessary (ie: no caching) and therefore you get
good cohesion.

--
- Mark Randall
http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk