Thread

Panorama Changer Program (From Syntax) (Bots)

Panorama Changer Program (From Syntax) // Bots

1  |

ferruccio

Jan 30, 2004, 3:30am
Well, I got this idea visiting Magine's Alphaworld Quest. At this location,
there was a link to an old program created back in 19?? (it said it's only
for Win95 so I assume it's old) and it changed the panorama background for a
specified world for only the user who is running the program.

I am requesting that any one of the talented programmers in AW do an update
of this program that not only changes the panorama background, but also give
them the option to have a skybox if they want.

I know the skybox thing may be hard to do, so even if someone creates a
simple program that lets someone change both the panorama background picture
and the color of the sky, that'd be really sweet. This would not even be a
tough program to make...

So, if anyone is interested, you can check out the website with "PanaChange"
by visiting http://www.imatowns.com/~derekh/dl.html. I even requested to
MrGrimm that this feature (having personalized backdrops for worlds that
allow it) to be implemented directly into the browser but he seemed to not
really understand me. I know there is a way to change the backdrop on your
own machine but it's a pain in the butt to do the process everytime you want
a new background

So, if any programmers want to take this task, that'd be great! Thanks for
readin'.

-Syntax (I'll be back in April.. ;P)

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> wrote in
news:4019ebf3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well, I got this idea visiting Magine's Alphaworld Quest. At this
> location, there was a link to an old program created back in 19?? (it
> said it's only for Win95 so I assume it's old) and it changed the
> panorama background for a specified world for only the user who is
> running the program.

If you read it carefully, you'll see that what he meant was that it wasn't
Win3.1 compatible. I didn't download it, but it might actually just be
replacing files in your cache, you could write a batch file that does that.

> I am requesting that any one of the talented programmers in AW do an
> update of this program that not only changes the panorama background,
> but also give them the option to have a skybox if they want.
>
> I know the skybox thing may be hard to do, so even if someone creates
> a simple program that lets someone change both the panorama background
> picture and the color of the sky, that'd be really sweet. This would
> not even be a tough program to make...

If it's that easy, why don't you make it? ;-)