weather bot // Bots

1  |

normlane

Oct 31, 2003, 10:36pm
I've opened a new world called "T-1".

It has a god bot that runs the sun and moon, and soon some weather.

Check it out. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I wouldn't bother if you have a slow connection though.

Thanks,
Norm Lane

.vamp.

Nov 13, 2003, 5:36pm
Hi, sorry about spamming bout another uni. Yeah, i have just created a
weather bot which controls time of day, sun, moon, fog, rain (not very good
but could some1 please give me a desent obj for rain) water color and
sometimes freak weather like serious winds (damages buildings) and
lightning. It isn't active cause i no longer have a world. If you r
interested in having some of the code for your bot, talk 2 me in
SpiralMatrix (#67-Cat) (sorry, i said it again)

.vamp.

Nov 15, 2003, 7:36am
The bot is writen in VB (Visual Basic). There is 1 prob through. i am not
willng 2 give it away freely, can u please (or some1 else) give me some PHP
code so i can publish it.

zeofatex

Nov 15, 2003, 10:22am
Umm what do you mean "give me some php code"? What are you looking for the
PHP code to do...

Your not willing to give what away freely? I know from experience its gotta
be a damned advanced bot to warrent selling it...

andras

Nov 15, 2003, 1:59pm
[View Quote] > The bot is writen in VB (Visual Basic). There is 1 prob through. i am not
> willng 2 give it away freely, can u please (or some1 else) give me some PHP
> code so i can publish it.

I'm not giving away my PHP code freely so please pay me $10,000 before I give it to you.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Didn't know you wrote PHP also Andras :)

Vamp, I don't need as much as Andras... if you pay me £10,000 you can have
my PHP code.

- Mark R

[View Quote]

.vamp.

Nov 15, 2003, 4:05pm
Actually, the PHP is more of a favour 2 me so i can publish more bots but
with some style :)

The PHP i am looking for is like the PHPs here:
http://www.dreamlandpark.com/world/index.php

[View Quote]

starfleet

Nov 15, 2003, 4:32pm
?

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 15, 2003, 4:38pm
[View Quote] > Didn't know you wrote PHP also Andras :)

> Vamp, I don't need as much as Andras... if you pay me £10,000 you can have
> my PHP code.

Well, firstly, British £s have a higher value than USD (which I assume
is what Andras was using), so therefore £10,000 is more around the lines
of $13,500.

Secondly, I think Andras has confused himself with Ananas -- like most
of us do. :D (a Joke)

Thirdly, he probably doesn't know how to write <a href=object.zip>Click
here to download my bot!</a> in a php file.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

[View Quote] Gahhh Bowen get the jokes will you >_< I know its a lot more, I wanted to
see if vamp here would catch on.

> Secondly, I think Andras has confused himself with Ananas -- like most
> of us do. :D (a Joke)

Indeed, those 2 need to get name tags.

> Thirdly, he probably doesn't know how to write <a href=object.zip>Click
> here to download my bot!</a> in a php file.

mmmmm

<?php
echo ("<a href=object.zip>Click here to download my bot!</a>");
?> perhaps... taking the rediculously long roundabout way of using a ruddy
standard HTML outside of PHP.

> --Bowen--
> http://bowen.homelinux.com
> Give me ideas.

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 15, 2003, 5:13pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] Well, unless he's more stupid than a newfie canuck, I doubt it.

> Indeed, those 2 need to get name tags.

Maybe InSaNiTy will help them out and give them one of his 30 names.

> mmmmm
>
> <?php
> echo ("<a href=object.zip>Click here to download my bot!</a>");
> ?> perhaps... taking the rediculously long roundabout way of using a ruddy
> standard HTML outside of PHP.

Yeah that way's stupid.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

".vamp." <goddardfamily at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
news:3fb66add at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Actually, the PHP is more of a favour 2 me so i can publish more bots
> but with some style :)

Just FYI, PHP is a server-side scripting language. PHP is not something
like HTML, CSS, Flash, etc. To me it looks like you want the presentation
aspect of that page, not the backend.

See http://www.php.net/ for more info (and a better explanation) on what
PHP is.