chazbot // Bots

1  |

baron sweetman

Apr 21, 2003, 6:32am
version 0.9 build 134 of Chazbot is now available at
www.petrossa.com/Chazbot

panther1403

Apr 22, 2003, 10:10am
hmmm is it realy worth $30?

[View Quote]

panther1403

Apr 22, 2003, 10:13am
a limit of 2 visitors? sure makes it hard to beta test.

[View Quote]

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 12:39pm
"panther1403" <panther1403 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3ea52312$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> hmmm is it realy worth $30?

[View Quote] thats for you to decide, i think its cheap at the price

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 12:41pm
it's limit is 5 visitors, ample for most testing purposes. note that
Chazbot keeps visitors who left the world in memory for a while to speed
up returns. To clear the visitorlist press Cleanup in the visitorlist
screen

"panther1403" <panther1403 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3ea523c3
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> a limit of 2 visitors? sure makes it hard to beta test.

[View Quote]

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 12:44pm
"panther1403" <panther1403 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3ea523c3
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> a limit of 2 visitors? sure makes it hard to beta test.

[View Quote] btw,any serious betatester can apply for the unlimited version

carlbanks

Apr 22, 2003, 2:00pm
I'd never pay for a dumb bot since Active Worlds isn't worth buying models,
bots or anything except citizenship even Worlds aren't worth the money.

[View Quote]

amunition121

Apr 22, 2003, 2:59pm
Wouldnt say it was a dumb bot...its pretty good but i wouldnt pay for it
when there are excellent bots out there that are freeware.

[View Quote]

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 3:26pm
"amunition121" <amun121 at msn.com> wrote in news:3ea566cb$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Wouldnt say it was a dumb bot...its pretty good but i wouldnt pay for it
> when there are excellent bots out there that are freeware.

<Smile> tnx i like the compliment

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 3:41pm
Its ofcourse your decision to pay or not.
Whether its necessary to dub someones work as 'dumb' when you dont know
what you are talking about is just plain silly.

Many people shell out 30 ore more for avatars or objects, which are build
much faster then a comprehensive bot like Chazbot.

On an hour basis i'd need to sell thousands of copies to even make a
minimum wage out of Chazbot.

Trust me, this is not a 'moneymaking scheme' but just to make up for:

1 copy of BCB 6, at $2000
1 copy of 3rd party libs at $400
+/- 2000 hours of work at $60 p/h (about 10 weeks full time)

If i calculate this conservatively i come to about $120000 total, so i'll
just break even if i sell 4000 copies

But ofcourse, as per usual why pay for it if you can gripe about the bad
offerings right?

"carlbanks" <CarLBanks at insight.rr.com> wrote in
news:3ea55903$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'd never pay for a dumb bot since Active Worlds isn't worth buying
> models, bots or anything except citizenship even Worlds aren't worth
> the money.

[View Quote] LoL Wow, BCB really is a rip off. There's always free libraries to replace the 3rd
party ones... and there are lots of free IDEs (like DEV-C++)... and since this _is_ a
bot... you don't get paid for hobbiest time put into a project.

--Bowen--

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 5:11pm
LoL Wow, BCB really is a rip off. There's always free libraries to
> replace the 3rd party ones... and there are lots of free IDEs (like
> DEV-C++)... and since this _is_ a bot... you don't get paid for
> hobbiest time put into a project.
>
> --Bowen--

grins at Bowen, known fighter for freebies :)

[View Quote] I am part of the linux revolution. :P

--Bowen--

baron sweetman

Apr 22, 2003, 6:14pm

> I am part of the linux revolution. :P
>
> --Bowen--

wishfull thinking, i use Lindows

[View Quote] I don't know if that's any worse. ;)

--Bowen--

carlbanks

Apr 22, 2003, 6:58pm
Sorry didn't mean to say dumb, I meant to me it just seems dumb to pay but
then again It's cool to see what people make so to me it's dumb to pay but
hard work should be paid off.