Bingo Bot // Bots

1  |

yanst

Feb 24, 2003, 1:09pm
A couple of people have requested a bingo bot. If anyone knows where one
can be obtained, please post it to the group.

Thanks.

andras

Feb 24, 2003, 1:27pm
[View Quote] Is the word loyalty rings a bell?

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

[View Quote] We need more bingo worlds like I need another toe. Or like we need more Paintball
worlds.

--Bowen--

goddess innie

Feb 24, 2003, 6:20pm
There is a reason I would like one. I wanted have bingo one night a week,
for adults only. I know of alot of people that would love to play without
kids. Nothing against kids, I just think it would be fun to not be rated G
all the time! (I have kids, and would like a break from being mom or being
so careful, if you know what I mean) My best friend and I bought the world,
have it hosted and object paths set up and running. I can rent one from AW,
i would just rather pay someone else, honestly.

And yes, as much as some of you dont care for more bingo worlds, mine is not
a bingo world, just a world that would have bingo one night a week with no
kids. No competion with AW's bingo nights, I would schedule around them. I
am just thinking of some adult fun, without it being DS or Gor.

Any ideas?

[View Quote] LoL I liked that last line.

--Bowen--

brant

Feb 24, 2003, 8:00pm
Well, I remember that the world !Friends used to use a bingobot - when that
was, I don't remember.

The reason nobody's interested in programming bingobots is because it's been
done before, many times over. Myself, I'd rather create an entirely new
game than reproduce one that's already been done.

-Brnat

[View Quote]

yanst

Feb 24, 2003, 11:47pm
Andras, What do you mean by loyalty?

[View Quote] Is the word loyalty rings a bell?

> --
> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

yanst

Feb 24, 2003, 11:48pm
Sounds good. : )

Would sound better if we can negotiate a bot for you.

[View Quote]

tengel

Feb 25, 2003, 11:31am
Well, this is a Bingo bot, but it does not work like AW's bingo bot.
first of all, when you install it, it is a german software, but a english
server.exe follow the zip, replace this with the german.exe.
to play bingo people have to download bingo.exe so they can have card.
I have try this in AW and work fine.
you can dl it from here.
www.tipssenteret.no/bingoserver.zip

good luck

Tengel

He means we dont try to overthrow eachothers programs, and in return others
dont overthrow ours.

andras

Feb 28, 2003, 8:28pm
[View Quote] Ops sorry, I missed your post. As I explained to Strike in private email:
It is like you don't start to create your own AW browser or the spades bot or Xelagot. It is made by a respected programmer who did a good job on it. Why would anyone reinvent the wheel?
Especially since AW is charging for the bingobot if you want to rent one .

I call it a loyalty to the fellow programmer and to AW - maybe a wrong choice of the wording.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

goddess innie

Mar 1, 2003, 11:18pm
well, actually......It is the fact that AW is charging so much for their
bot. I mean, after buying a world, hosting, object path, etc. That just
seems like alot more money, when I know a better one can be (and has been)
created.

I have tons of loyalty to AW, but I mean really, they dont have to charge
that much for a freaking bot! I am doing it for now, but loyalty or
no.....My husband is going to build one for me.

($34/month)

And, speed bingo is ALOT more fun!!!!

"goddess innie" <ami at chazdesigns.com> wrote in
news:3e615bfa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> well, actually......It is the fact that AW is charging so much for
> their bot. I mean, after buying a world, hosting, object path, etc.
> That just seems like alot more money, when I know a better one can be
> (and has been) created.
>
> I have tons of loyalty to AW, but I mean really, they dont have to
> charge that much for a freaking bot! I am doing it for now, but
> loyalty or no.....My husband is going to build one for me.
>
> ($34/month)
>
> And, speed bingo is ALOT more fun!!!!

If you know a better one exists, go talk to the authors, maybe they'll give
it to you.