ChatRelayBot 1.02 // Bots

1  |

tony m

Nov 20, 2002, 10:49pm
http://caesar.homeunix.org/aw/chatrelay.php

Fixed bugs in this release:

1. The CRB will now tell you if it doesn't have caretaker privileges & log out of the universe.
2. When a user reentered, they would not be deleted from the list & an exception was raised.
3. An issue was raised (and fixed) regarding chat relay systems in general: not filtering out the carriage-feed character could allow "fake" messages to be sent in regular chat by bots; with no way to discern the difference, this may cause confusion.

New features in this release:

1. Global messages can be sent to everybody in the world
2. Announcements can be sent when people enter/exit the world (excluding bots)
3. You can now locate users with the "/locate" command.

--
Tony M.

jernau

Nov 21, 2002, 7:04pm
That url appears to be dead ?

On 20 Nov 2002 19:49:24 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote] >http://caesar.homeunix.org/aw/chatrelay.php

>Fixed bugs in this release:
>
>1. The CRB will now tell you if it doesn't have caretaker privileges & log out of the universe.
>2. When a user reentered, they would not be deleted from the list & an exception was raised.
>3. An issue was raised (and fixed) regarding chat relay systems in general: not filtering out the carriage-feed character could allow "fake" messages to be sent in regular chat by bots; with no way to discern the difference, this may cause confusion.
>
>New features in this release:
>
>1. Global messages can be sent to everybody in the world
>2. Announcements can be sent when people enter/exit the world (excluding bots)
>3. You can now locate users with the "/locate" command.

tony m

Nov 21, 2002, 10:07pm
[View Quote] >That url appears to be dead ?

Should now be working.

jernau

Nov 21, 2002, 11:11pm
Ok, downloaded and installed fine thanks. Small problem, the minimise
to tray feature appears to have a problem. On my machine it won't
restore to original size. Wasn't sure if you wanted bug reports in
here or direct to email.

Windows XP Pro
AMD Duron 800Mhz
32mb TNT2 Nvidia
DirectX 8.1

On 21 Nov 2002 19:07:50 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote] [View Quote]

jernau

Nov 21, 2002, 11:15pm
Sorry, small update, the restore works on double clicking, just not on
right click and restore, just lazy i guess :)

On 21 Nov 2002 20:11:18 -0500, "jernau"
[View Quote] >Ok, downloaded and installed fine thanks. Small problem, the minimise
>to tray feature appears to have a problem. On my machine it won't
>restore to original size. Wasn't sure if you wanted bug reports in
>here or direct to email.
>
>Windows XP Pro
>AMD Duron 800Mhz
>32mb TNT2 Nvidia
>DirectX 8.1
>
>On 21 Nov 2002 19:07:50 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote]

tony m

Nov 22, 2002, 12:31am
[View Quote] >Sorry, small update, the restore works on double clicking, just not on
>right click and restore, just lazy i guess :)

Oops, I did't realise that popup menu even existed! Thank you for pointing this out; it will be fixed in the next release.

chazrad

Nov 22, 2002, 9:17am
is xP bug, try update to lastest

"jernau" <richard at virtuallylearning.com> wrote in