Thread

New bot site open! (Bots)

New bot site open! // Bots

Hi all avid bot users and developers!

I'd like to announce the opening of a new AW bot site, targeting both the
user and the developer, powered by a custom, dynamic content system:
http://bots.omegauniverse.com/

There you'll find bot news, bot source code, and compiled bot programs in
three categories:
- C and C++
- Visual Basic
- Misc./Pascal-Delphi

By registering as a member (it's free, fast and completely SPAM free) you
get access to even more features, like submitting your own bots. We'd
appreciate it very much if bot developers submit their bots to the site!

We're constantly working on adding new and cooler features, especially bot
developers can expect some really neat improvements soon...

So check Bowen & KAH's bot site out now:
http://bots.omegauniverse.com/

KAH

pineriver

Nov 13, 2002, 4:30pm
Super site, will have to check back when it gets bigger.

> I'd like to announce the opening of a new AW bot site, targeting both the
> user and the developer, powered by a custom, dynamic content system:
> http://bots.omegauniverse.com/
>
> There you'll find bot news, bot source code, and compiled bot programs in
> three categories:
> - C and C++
> - Visual Basic
> - Misc./Pascal-Delphi
>
> By registering as a member (it's free, fast and completely SPAM free) you
> get access to even more features, like submitting your own bots. We'd
> appreciate it very much if bot developers submit their bots to the site!
>
> We're constantly working on adding new and cooler features, especially bot
> developers can expect some really neat improvements soon...
>
> So check Bowen & KAH's bot site out now:
> http://bots.omegauniverse.com/
>
> KAH

sk8man1

Nov 13, 2002, 6:47pm
Awesome ^.^ Are you going to add a forum eventually for conversations?

LoL do we really need one?

hal9000

Nov 13, 2002, 8:28pm
how about a section for tools?

--
Hal9000
worlds: Discover, Planets

[View Quote] What kind of tools?

"hal9000" <hal9k3 at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3dd2d21e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> how about a section for tools?

Good idea, maybe something for a site revision. In the mean time, tools
could be published in the misc section perhaps?

KAH

hal9000

Nov 13, 2002, 9:22pm
just like supplemental tools, such as the multi-tex tool I made, it puts different textures on rwx's so you don't have to do it 100+ times, or like Andras' stairgen and stuff.

--
Hal9000
worlds: Discover, Planets

[View Quote]

chiklit

Nov 14, 2002, 1:51am
You should also add a section for delphi sence a lot of bots are
programmed in Delphi like Xelagot and Magsbot.

"The Rest." It's up to them to submit their bots... if a substantial amount are
being sent in delphi then we can add a section for delphi/pascal.

grimble

Nov 14, 2002, 2:27am
Unless the source code is available for the bots, then I don't see that the
language used is relevant at all. People who are only interested in "the
final product" generally don't give a flier what its developed in.

Grims

[View Quote]

hal9000

Nov 15, 2002, 2:33am
How about stat tracking? I.E. how many downloads, latest download, etc....
and some way to use an external link as the file, I will upload the source to a couple of my bots, but I would like people to go through my website to download the executable version.

--
Hal9000
worlds: Discover, Planets, Revolt76

my man tool :P

"hal9000" <hal9k3 at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3dd47911 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How about stat tracking? I.E. how many downloads, latest download,
> etc.... and some way to use an external link as the file, I will
> upload the source to a couple of my bots, but I would like people to
> go through my website to download the executable version.

Stats and other things that developers can find interesting to know will be
added soon, the site will be continuously improved upon.

To use an external link as the file, just provide the page as the mirror
(and be sure to tell us in your comment) and our download handler will
automatically redirect users to whatever URL was provided as mirror,
provided that the mirror is available and is returning a valid success HTTP
response code (200, or 302 in the case of a redirection). We would prefer
it that you mirror a copy of the file you uploaded to our server, though. I
think we need a "bot homepage" field :-))