Bot Hosting Services // Bots

1  |

d a n

Sep 15, 2002, 1:25pm
www.starfleetservices.tk *click* Bot Hosting

We're waiting for our domain account to open but its gonna be a few more
days :(

Any questions? feel free to ask me.

---
D a n

Bot hosting is hosted on T1/Broadband.

maki

Sep 15, 2002, 3:47pm
ohhh no I'm going to slowly die horribly-

-Isn't "piece of mind" actually supposed to be peace of mind?
-This is some sort of template..yet there's missing images and some are
unaligned :o
-Where's the american dollar translation? I'm stupid.
-whoa, you smile a lot.
-What's the difference between our services and purchasing services? Seem as
though you just explained more about your services in purchasing services.
-Ahhhh privalidge password is spelled privilege password!

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

d a n

Sep 15, 2002, 4:03pm
soz, our web designer is rubbish.

I will get it fixed and as soon as we are moving to a domain account we will
be all set :)

---
D a n

[View Quote]

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 15, 2002, 5:54pm
[View Quote] I can't tell what you're saying (which way it was spelled on the site), but the correct spelling is "privilege".

-Agent1

maki

Sep 15, 2002, 10:20pm
[View Quote] I can understand that ;) It's spelled privaledge on the website.

maki awmaki.com

ncc 72897

Sep 16, 2002, 7:03am
E1 approximately equals $1

andras

Sep 16, 2002, 7:36am
[View Quote] You better fix those pages - several links point to your HD -
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dan/My%20Documents/optest/mdldl/site/starfleet/index.html is an example.
Privilege pass field is not encrypted! - all the transaction goes through a non-secured connection (it even goes to paypal!)
Too many popup windows to kill.
There is no info what kind of connection do you have.
There is no info what machine(s) do you use to run the service, what OS do you support and what kind of access the bot owner have to that machine.

Sorry - this is not a service I would consider to use.

Andras

themask 13

Sep 16, 2002, 9:20am
He he, im still working on my server, (linux, going to be ran with wine for
bots), on a tweaked cable connection, Up: 40kb Down: 150kb (Kinda sucks,
but OK for some bit of hosting)

d a n

Sep 16, 2002, 5:21pm
I was playing around with that, but we will accept them from the main page
in future.

---
D a n

umm, wheres the rest of the page lol?
[View Quote]

d a n

Sep 19, 2002, 5:37pm
www.starfleetservices.tk

not much of a website, but the service which is hidden is great. Lots of
downloads of bandwith allready O_O

---
D a n

[View Quote]

andras

Sep 19, 2002, 5:55pm
[View Quote] Well - the side doesn't even load :(

Try again,
Andras

mike zimmer

Sep 19, 2002, 8:51pm
Website, its a WEBPAGE! Its one page that says to e-mail someone. If I ever
saw a company's website with that, I would run away right away.
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote] not much of a website, but the service which is hidden is great. Lots of
downloads of bandwith allready O_O

---
D a n

[View Quote]

lord fett

Sep 19, 2002, 9:57pm
not much of a website is right with only 5 lines what makes you a better person to trust with hosting and such than anyone else?
Do we get any background information on servers, services, etc?

[View Quote]

anduin

Sep 19, 2002, 11:21pm
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3d8a2777 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in bots:

>www.starfleetservices.tk
>
>not much of a website, but the service which is hidden is great. Lots of
>downloads of bandwith allready O_O

And a pop-up window, nasty...

May I offer some advice?

I will anyway:

I would have suggested not to announce your services or website until everything was completed properly with background information, server information, maybe even nice little photo's of the servers. Pricing guides and more.
Showing people an empty website which only has 5 lines AND a pop-up window advertising some .tk domain thing was a bad step to start off with...

I will say that I like the colour theme so far, LOL :o)

Keep working on it, and let us know when it's done, and only then, start advertising.
We have a spot in AWSchool for community advertisements which you can create a sign at with a link to your website. But still, I recommend you finish the site first...

--
,,,,,
(o o)

d a n

Sep 20, 2002, 2:43pm
I've found out just now.

Depending on the time you accessed the website.

As soon as a posted it the domain had to reconfigure its dns.

Now when this post is taken the domain is down. Some other european website
are having the same difficulty cus of the same host.

Website is not finish yet, i did that to reserve my place on the domain ^_^

I will get round to it asap but untill then, services are more looked over
than the website.

---
D a n

[View Quote]

maki

Sep 20, 2002, 8:28pm
reserve your domain as you please...but get your website and services going
before you tell the public about it.

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

d a n

Sep 21, 2002, 1:16pm
k, we've recently been improving the path ,after the downtime (most europe
sites were effected) we're up again.

http://services.starfleet-ufp.de/
(Domain is also .com but that is the only subdomain that works as we speak)

no pop-up windows from .tk

Mostly finished, its a simple site because of the catalogue and the download
time.

The catalogue is the advanced feature on it. the best objects in our path
lets you browse our object catalogue :)

Its passworded for members only currently but you are welcome to ask me if
you want to take a peek. There will be a demo page soon so click it :)

Complaints have been made due to lack of avatars. We will fill the avatars
list by the end of today.

We will then continue to provide the fast, secure and reliable service.

NB: We mostly do object paths at the moment but we do host bots.

Someone asked about that, i will ask the host for some computer information
and it will be placed on the site.

Thanks for your comments (any more?)

---
D a n

ncc 72897

Sep 22, 2002, 4:08pm
All services have been terminated. Object path is now privat property.

[View Quote]

maki

Sep 22, 2002, 4:46pm
[View Quote] lol

maki awmki.com

ncc 72897

Sep 22, 2002, 8:29pm
lolz at "awmki.com"
did u really register it that way?

emm, its awmaki.com, and even if he forgot an a, far less embarrassing then
failing in a buissness before you even have it ready.

[View Quote]

maki

Sep 23, 2002, 7:00pm
haha, yeah, it's awmaki, I always type my signature *manually* since I place
it in different spots for different messages.

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Sep 24, 2002, 6:59am
umm....Dan is doing the business and owns the bot hosting.
I have nothing to do with the bots, I just own the object path which I don't
offer to anyone.

[View Quote]

builderz

Sep 24, 2002, 1:29pm
So Dan still hosts bots, but doesn't offer any OP hosting now? Is that
it?

-Builderz

well, maybe youd like to tell us the reason why you dont offer the op to
anyone no more?

"ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3d902957$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> umm....Dan is doing the business and owns the bot hosting.
> I have nothing to do with the bots, I just own the object path which I
> don't offer to anyone.

Huh? You said all the services had been terminated. Care to clarify the
situation to us? :-))

KAH

ncc 72897

Sep 24, 2002, 7:55pm
That's correct. He can't offer any OP because he doesn't own one. My OP was
never supposed to be offered.
I terminated everything under the name Starfleet.
The bot hosting services are his business, and he can continue to offer it
under his own name if he wishes.