Lister Version 1 // Bots

1  2  |

bluemoon8963

Aug 22, 2002, 12:28am
If anyone knows a way to stop a loop while it's doing that let me know.

[View Quote]

maki

Aug 22, 2002, 2:03am
OH MY GOD!!!!

*stares at the hundreds and hundreds of kb's that you and chiklit have just
let loose upon the newsgroups*... o.O and I thought awi would be seeing that
130kb post on their bill...pfft

bluemoon8963

Aug 22, 2002, 2:14am
me and chiklit are the same person

[View Quote]

bluemoon8963

Aug 22, 2002, 2:15am
and 100 kb isn't much. One photo from my digital cam is 500kb

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 22, 2002, 2:40am
So? Some people don't have broadband. Hell, some people even have to pay
per megabyte that they download. You didn't take them into respect at all.
Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to download all that you've posted.
Jesus, its close to a megabyte that you've posted. Are you ready to send a
money order to all those people that had to download all of that who pay per
MB? I'd like to see mine in the mail tomorrow.

-Joe

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 22, 2002, 3:19am
Plus it took me 20 seconds to download all that. Upload the stupid file,
don't put it as an attachment!

[View Quote]

bluemoon8963

Aug 22, 2002, 6:07am
Woo! 20 seconds I bet you got really borred. Anyway, I can't help it if
you're ISP is weird or where you live. You can download it if you want and
I'll upload it for you.

Http://aw.funetwork.net/bots/aw.zip

[View Quote]

bluemoon8963

Aug 22, 2002, 6:17am
Oops. That was my fault. My friend clarifyed to me that Outlook Express
downloads the attachment and the message at the same time and I didn't
notice it was doing this cause I have a higher speed connection. Sorry.

"bluemoon8963" <bluemoon8963 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3d649e1f at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Oops. That was my fault. My friend clarifyed to me that Outlook
> Express downloads the attachment and the message at the same time and
> I didn't notice it was doing this cause I have a higher speed
> connection. Sorry.

Hey, I have a really quick DSL connection and it still took me something
like 10 seconds to download the post. Attachments in newsgroups is a no-
thing, one should provide a link instead (if one feels it necesary to
attach something, 50kb is the Über-giga-max size limit that's acceptable).
Bad bluemoon, bad!

KAH

dzap

Aug 22, 2002, 6:53am
"bluemoon8963" <bluemoon8963 at hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3d644bd1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> For some reason the news reader messed up the attachment and the post
(note:
> it wasn't Outlook Express). anyway here it is:

There was nothing technically wrong with the post you did with XNews.
The attachment decoded ok. The post just got sent as 2 because you
reached a limit. That is normal behaviour.

dZap

ncc 72897

Aug 22, 2002, 9:37am
i agree, they should be getting dsl or cable instead of whining about a few
KBs

[View Quote]

o0oiiijoshiiio0o

Aug 22, 2002, 11:32am
In C/++, call break;

-J

In non-binary NGs it should at least be announced in the
subject if there's an attachment.

I will keep most of my thoughts about your extremely arrogant
answer for me. Just so much : This is a global community and
not all places on the earth have the same infrastructure.
Some places are too far from towns, some countries have no DSL
and no cable at all in most regions.

Bluemoon knows about the problem so it should be OK now.

If you want to learn more about it, mr. big mouth, read about
newsgroup nettiquette before you post such a crap.

[View Quote]

shred

Aug 22, 2002, 1:18pm
Ananas already said what I'm going to say, but just in case you didn't understand it, I'm going to spell it out for you.

Not everyone can get broadband.
Take the very small effort required to be polite and considerate of others.
Learn about newsgroup policies.
Be efficient.
For the love of all that is holy, post binaries in binary groups. Keep the rest as plain-text as possible. Logical, eh?

One example of basic newsgroup rules:
http://support.sbcglobal.net/general/newsgroup_bb/1202.shtml

[View Quote]

ncc 72897

Aug 22, 2002, 2:36pm
sorry

"ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3d64ccfc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i agree, they should be getting dsl or cable instead of whining about
> a few KBs

Lol, I have a fast DSL line already and it still took me 10 seconds to
download it because the newsserver is slow. Anyway, most of us have better
things to spend our bandwidth on than downloading bots we don't even want
(my ISP has a 1GB/month limit, if you exceed it without paying for an
increase they have fun setting you back to 64kbps for the following
month...).

<flame>
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR INCEDIBLY SMALL MIND!?

Bloody hell, you can do a uni lister in 100k! Christ!!!

</Flame>

> <flame>
> ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR INCEDIBLY SMALL MIND!?
>
> Bloody hell, you can do a uni lister in 100k! Christ!!!
>
> </Flame>

Yes you probably can, it looks like the bulk of this program was in that
image it displays.

--Bowen--

chiklit

Aug 22, 2002, 5:49pm
Yeah the image file is a 63kb jpg. The bot was written in Delphi and there's
not actually much code to it. All it does is go through a loop that checks
each cit number. everytime it gets a "not a cit" error it adds one to the
error count when the error count gets above the error count limit it stops.
Sence if you get 1000 not a cit errors in a row there probably aren't any
more cits after that :) When I get all the features working I'm going to
release the source so you can see it for yourself ^_^.

-Kristy

LoL got a serial # and auth key for the trial version of delphi? I've yet
to recieve mine and it's annoying me.

chiklit

Aug 22, 2002, 6:59pm
The key is based on your machine code so a code for my computer wouldn't
work on yours.

That's so silly, they said they would send it via e-mail. It must be
something via the web.

maki

Aug 22, 2002, 7:48pm
[View Quote] I also have fast dsl, doesn't affect me, but it's still not good because:
there was no warning, and aw does have to pay for the bandwidth that goes
through here, ya know.

ncc 72897

Aug 22, 2002, 8:14pm
ok sorry

tony m

Aug 22, 2002, 8:42pm
Try contacting Borland and see what's up.

[View Quote] >That's so silly, they said they would send it via e-mail. It must be
>something via the web.
>
>--Bowen--

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

john

Aug 23, 2002, 5:11pm
Will pplz shut up about dsl & cable... I cant even get broadband!

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> wrote in
news:3d6688ea at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Will pplz shut up about dsl & cable... I cant even get broadband!

That was what Ananas was saying (in other words)...

KAH

jerme

Aug 25, 2002, 6:21pm
561kb is only half a meg.... at 128kb sec... that's not huge

You download more than that just by surfing the internet every day.... chill
out

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner

shred

Aug 26, 2002, 12:09pm
It is inefficient and unnecessary to post such large files in a non-binary group.

This type of argument has been made many times in newsgroups, and each time it's been crushed.

See further posts in this thread.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 26, 2002, 12:20pm
Can't the newsgroup server simply disallow attachments to posts?