Backup bot wanted // Bots

1  |

sw comit

Jul 24, 2002, 2:58am
SW City is looking for a backup bot to backup, well, SW City, incase
disaster should strike. I tried editing xelagot's world backup, but the
backup fails around zone 190 something. The bot needs to be able to backup
an area of around 1000x1000 coords. I have a feeling one already exists but
I don't really keep up with with the world of bots like I use to. Could
someone direct me to the url of one?

karten

Jul 24, 2002, 5:13am
The Xelagot on screen survey window has a world backup capability built in.
Start the Xelagot Survey Manager, then on the right third of the Survey
Manager are several tabs.
Select the BACKUP tab, hit Start, then hit OK to get it going.
Keep in mind that a 1000 x 1000 world will take a while, but you will get
the build backup that way.
Find the backup files in the Xelagot Survey\Backups\Active Worlds folder
Just remember it will take time depending on how many objects are in the
world, AND what kind of connection the bot is using to the internet.

Have Fun.

[View Quote]

lord fett

Jul 24, 2002, 7:08am
That won't work right cause SW City is in Alphaworld. If you do a backup of
the world, then it is will do the ENTIRE Alphaworld world.

[View Quote]

d a n

Jul 24, 2002, 9:39am
its possible in a xelagot,

U use the cells,

Use the survey map and keep dragging (moving it) till you get to the
cordinates of AW, right click and select "Query here" As it backs them up,
right click and add the cell / sector and you can remove the cells if there
are other objects.

Another way is hamfons BuildBot, tell it the cordinates and it will back it
up into a prop dump and ready for restore in another location or same place!

Hope this helps, need anymore and I'm happy :)

<D a n>
[View Quote]

d a n

Jul 24, 2002, 9:46am
(Xelagot) Remember to save it!

Then stop the query :-D It will keep backing up everywhere, just keep adding
the areas and removing the sectors and cells that don't apply.

You can also right click on areas and "view cell contents" to see what
objects are in that "cell"

Note that everything I'm explained here is for the xelagot.

Xelagot: Bit complicated, Can backup and can only build in the same area and
cannot move it!

BuildBot: Hard to Use, complicated but allows you to move it.

It will keep going
[View Quote]

karten

Jul 24, 2002, 12:01pm
Sorry bout that. Though SW City was a world, not an area of AlphaWorld.
At that point I agree, the Backup Tab wont help in this case.

[View Quote]

dion

Jul 24, 2002, 4:16pm
edit the world backup? hmm.. interesting...

I think the best way to do it would be to create a script (or get someone to
create a script for you) that would query the area you want. It would take
forever to select each zone seperately!

[View Quote]

andras

Jul 24, 2002, 8:24pm
Well.... I bit the bullet:

http://andras.net/tools.html#YASBB

Yet another survey/build bot.

Andras

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 24, 2002, 10:23pm
Good one, Andras :)

XelaG

[View Quote] >Well.... I bit the bullet:

>http://andras.net/tools.html#YASBB
>
>Yet another survey/build bot.
>

>Andras

[View Quote]

ptolemy

Jul 25, 2002, 1:30am
Your fast hehe. Wondering how I can use this for maps lol. Ultimate aim is
to Fill harddrive with Aw propodump.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 26, 2002, 11:59pm
Naw, been there done that. It gets unbearably laggy at a certain point.
Talking about couple thousand zones here ;)

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 27, 2002, 12:02am
Don't take this as an advertisement, I know yall hate that, just showing ya
what we're dealing with here:
http://swcity.skywalkeronline.net/pics/sw_city_map.jpg

We did manage a xelagot backup once by doing about 100 zones at a time, but
it took longer that it could of since it required rescripting the world
backup each time. Looking for something easier and faser...

[View Quote]

sw comit

Jul 27, 2002, 3:22am
Thanks, this is perfect =)

[View Quote]

andras

Jul 27, 2002, 4:41am
It produces the same propfile the mapper needs :)
Andras

"ptolemy" <juergan at shaw.ca> wrote in
news:3d3f70c8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Your fast hehe. Wondering how I can use this for maps lol. Ultimate
> aim is to Fill harddrive with Aw propodump.

Hehe, you'll need quite a large one for that... According to my
calculations, if every cell in AW has got 10 bytes of data, it would
ammount to 10725625000 bytes of raw data (I might've done it wrong, can't
remember if the max coord limit is 32750 or something else)... Nearly 10GB
:-)) And taking into consideration that there's probably much more data in
AW than 10 bytes per cell, this number is (probably) smaller than the real
one. I don't get how the AW world server manages to read from such a file
without taking forever lol

KAH

agent1

Aug 10, 2002, 2:36pm
I've heard that the compressed (gzip) propdump for Alphaworld is around 9GB. Big ;)

chazrad

Aug 10, 2002, 5:25pm
"agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3d554124 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I've heard that the compressed (gzip) propdump for Alphaworld is
> around 9GB. Big ;)
>
> -Agent1

[View Quote] my bot takes about 3 months, 42 gb to backup AW so....

AW Inc could write em all to a DVD I supose, and include all the main worlds, people could buy it if they really wanted it for some really important reason?

-Mark