Xelagot 3.305 now available // Bots

1  |

xelag

Jul 2, 2002, 8:52am

Jul 2, 2002, 11:49am

Jul 2, 2002, 8:52pm

Jul 2, 2002, 9:02pm

maki

Jul 2, 2002, 9:10pm
lol

--
maki [www.awmaki.com]

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 2, 2002, 10:03pm
VBird: Looking for the number of maki ...
VBird: maki is citizen number 346215

Hmmm... thinking about hardcoring this number for disable.... :)~

[View Quote] >http://imatowns.com/xelagot/x1.zip ^_^

carlbanks

Jul 2, 2002, 10:06pm
disable? you mean disable it from being able to be found and not being able
to use the bot?

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 2, 2002, 10:27pm
Yes, I mean exactly that. I'm getting sick and tired of people
changing the urls I post for download of the bot. Some don't mean it
badly, some do. I post the download page because I do not have the
means to protect my bot otherwise. The legitimate dl page has the
copyright and other necessary notices. If you don't like that, DONT
use my bot.

My bot is freeware, but not a laughing stock. I give a lot of my time
and old energy (I'm 53) to provide you ppl with this free software....
I might even start to rethink my policy :(

Bye.

On 2 Jul 2002 20:06:11 -0400, "carlbanks"
[View Quote] >disable? you mean disable it from being able to be found and not being able
>to use the bot?

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Jul 2, 2002, 10:34pm
Man Maki! NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! XelaG is an excellent programmer but you had
to come along and post the direct link and not the page. It isn't funny
Maki. Also what do you mean rethink policy.

I'm completely lost as to what's wrong?

alexthemartian

Jul 2, 2002, 10:57pm
maki deserves it NOBODY MESSES WITH XELAG...

[View Quote]

maki

Jul 2, 2002, 11:01pm
For carl's sanity, and bowen's understanding, xelag has asked me before not
to post a direct link to his wonderful xelagot bot, I defied this once more
due to my sick sense of humor ;) I meant no harm and have sorted it out with
xelag, there is no need to further this, thanks :P

--
maki [www.awmaki.com]

[View Quote]

ptolemy

Jul 2, 2002, 11:02pm
Bowen, below is a previous reply from Xelag regarding bypassing his notice
pages and going directly to the download. Please Maki friend stop it.

[View Quote] >http://imatowns.com/xelagot/x1.zip

No it's not, because you will miss the copyright notice and what's
worse, all installation instructions and new gimmincks. The correct
pages for downloading x1 are

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
if you want to know what's new and then download

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgdl.html
if you want to download directly

Never use the x1.zip link, it's in your own benefit to go to the right
page!

XelaG

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 2, 2002, 11:14pm
The matter has been settled, maki and I had a talk about this. No, it
isn't funny to bypass honest instructions, even if there is no
sanction attached. Respect should be given without a need for pressure
from sanctions.

Enjoy the bot :)

XelaG

On 2 Jul 2002 20:57:43 -0400, "alexthemartian"
[View Quote] >maki deserves it NOBODY MESSES WITH XELAG...

[View Quote]

just in

Jul 3, 2002, 4:10am
Why is the survey surveying such a wide area now? I ask bot to survey 1
cell and it surveys 25 sectors just to retrieve one cell? Also... the
back-up world scripts I think still work - but the bot seems to be reporting
its progress every second?

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Jul 3, 2002, 4:52am
i noticed the same

"just in" <Justin at no

mail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3d22953a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Why is the survey surveying such a wide area now? I ask bot to survey 1
> cell and it surveys 25 sectors just to retrieve one cell? Also... the
> back-up world scripts I think still work - but the bot seems to be
reporting
> its progress every second?
>
> Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 3, 2002, 7:37am
dunno, Delph and I are on holidays :)

[View Quote] >Why is the survey surveying such a wide area now? I ask bot to survey 1
>cell and it surveys 25 sectors just to retrieve one cell? Also... the
>back-up world scripts I think still work - but the bot seems to be reporting
>its progress every second?
>
>Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Jul 3, 2002, 6:50pm
You forgot to edit main page it still says 3.304

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Jul 3, 2002, 6:51pm
Entire site says 3.305 isn't and is expected for July 3rd

[View Quote]

zeo toxion

Jul 4, 2002, 3:28pm
We know carl. That's the whole point of the latest version still being 3.04

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 20, 2002, 10:48am
Yep, an upload error: I uploaded the new pages to the wrong server
(thereby destroying my own index.html there). The problem is now
fixed.

On 3 Jul 2002 16:51:35 -0400, "carlbanks"
[View Quote] >Entire site says 3.305 isn't and is expected for July 3rd

[View Quote]

just in

Jul 20, 2002, 9:51pm
Does this upgrade fix the worldbackup scripts that make the bot accounce
what it is doing every second?

Also, when using the Survey Manager and requesting the bot to Add a Cell,
Sector or Zone to the Project, why does the bot need to survey 40 x 40
co-ords? Its a long wait, especially when only a small area is needed.

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

xelag

Jul 21, 2002, 10:42pm
For one thing, Justin, my bot is freeware. Your way of questioning and
demanding is quite annoying. Bug reports, or efforts to solve
dilemmas are welcome... but not quite the way you pose them. May I
say it roughly: if you don't like my bot, lump it! On the other hand,
if you think there are problems etc, you are welcome to contact me at
xelag at 3dee.nl in a gracious way, and, if I have time and the will to
do so, I will try and solve them.

Alex

PS: why does the bot... because I made it so... could be my answer to
your questions... I am not bound to serve you or anybody.

[View Quote] >Does this upgrade fix the worldbackup scripts that make the bot accounce
>what it is doing every second?
>
>Also, when using the Survey Manager and requesting the bot to Add a Cell,
>Sector or Zone to the Project, why does the bot need to survey 40 x 40
>co-ords? Its a long wait, especially when only a small area is needed.
>
>Regards, Justin

Rawr! Down, boy, down! Just In was just asking some questions, is that
so wrong? No need to bite his head off over it! No wonder so many fights
break out in here :P

[View Quote] > For one thing, Justin, my bot is freeware. Your way of questioning and
> demanding is quite annoying. Bug reports, or efforts to solve
> dilemmas are welcome... but not quite the way you pose them. May I
> say it roughly: if you don't like my bot, lump it! On the other hand,
> if you think there are problems etc, you are welcome to contact me at
> xelag at 3dee.nl in a gracious way, and, if I have time and the will to
> do so, I will try and solve them.
>
> Alex
>
> PS: why does the bot... because I made it so... could be my answer to
> your questions... I am not bound to serve you or anybody.

Whatever happened to taking a deep breath before posting?!
robrod at prism.net

just in

Jul 22, 2002, 4:49am
Alex,

As already said by Goober, I really didn't mean anything by my questions
other than asking questions, and in no way were the questions a criticism of
your excellent program. I find Xelagot a very fine bot and I use it
consantly, and am very gratiful for it being free.

For question 1 you may have replied "its a new feature of the script to keep
you constantly informed". On question 2 you might have replied that AWI new
SDK enforces the size of each query. I have no clue on either because my
programming skills are not yet advanced enough to implement SDK into code.
Point being, in both cases my observations and questions do not at all
relate to bugs of Xelagot, because in both cases Xelagot continues to
perform exactly and correctly.

Also, I posed the questions in the newsgroup because I figured your answers
would be useful to everyone using your bot, not just me.

I apologise if I inadvertantly phrased my questions poorly.

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

amunition121

Jul 28, 2002, 11:55am
Hmm maybe its just me but when ever XelaG posts something about 50 others
say something after (Maki usually taking up most of the brandwith)

It's because people don't delete what they don't reply to ;)