Soccer Bots // Bots

1  |

absolute monarch

May 31, 2002, 11:27pm
Dear All,
I was wondering if any1 could mayb make a bot just like Hamfon's
ball bot. Or, if some1 could help me configure the *.ini file... when i try
to log mine on, it just goes backwards and moves in that direction until it
disappears. I've lost my bot a few times this way....lol....Thankyou for ur
attention.

Yours faithfully,
Absolute Monarch
338508
Mayor of Sapphire Estates (AW 18000s 16000w)

Maybe you have a phantom avatar kicking it? :P

- Mark

absolute monarch

Jun 3, 2002, 5:02am
LOL :p. No, seriously, can nay1 help me?

d a n

Jun 7, 2002, 12:16pm
Use the IMABallBot with a bot of your own!

[View Quote]

absolute monarch

Jun 8, 2002, 9:36pm
I dont know any bot which have a function to realise when a person or bot
bumps into an object. Plus i dont know Visual Basic,C++. So some1 plz help
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute Monarch

"absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> wrote in
news:3d029505 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I dont know any bot which have a function to realise when a person or
> bot bumps into an object. Plus i dont know Visual Basic,C++. So some1
> plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Xelagot script *MIGHT* be able to do this (I'm not very familiar with
them, so I don't know for sure), but you might need a custom bot. Collision
detection (what determines if you bump into something or someone in the 3D
scene) is client-side (the browser does it without telling the server), so
the bot does not receive any event when it happens, but it does receive the
position of people within range, so if your bot has the dimensions of all
objects and has queried the area so it knows where the objects are, it
would have to check every time someone moves if they coincide with an
object. Try making a simple check with Xelagot first.