Bot request. // Bots

1  |

carlbanks

May 9, 2002, 12:57am
Does anyone have the ablitiy to make a Customs Aide script for Xelagot that
acts like AWCom's Customs Aide

anduin

May 9, 2002, 10:25pm
Now why would someone want a bot as annoying as Custom's Aide? It's the
worst out there.

[View Quote]

shorah

May 10, 2002, 9:48pm
A world owner who wants to annoy their visitors.

Shorah

[View Quote]

anduin

May 10, 2002, 10:03pm
Ok, I guess that would do, LOL

[View Quote]

brant

May 10, 2002, 10:25pm
I already have such a script that I wrote three years ago. I'll E-Mail it
to you now.

"shorah" <shorah at outerworlds.com> wrote in
news:3cdc5c5a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> A world owner who wants to annoy their visitors.
>
> Shorah

CA bots can actually be rather usefull in certain worlds (like big public
building worlds, etc).

KAH

anduin

May 11, 2002, 11:11pm
We have a CA bot in AWNewbie, can't bring in other bots or the silly thing
ejects them!

[View Quote]

dion

May 12, 2002, 2:31am
lol! Yeh, AWTeen's CA likes to spontaneously eject other bots, even if they
are on the CT ppw :-P

[View Quote]

anduin

May 12, 2002, 4:23am
Thought I should write something a little better instead of just plainly
mention 'why would anyone want a CA bot'.

What does the bot do, really, except for welcome someone and point them to
the worlds/uniservers rules.
As well as monitor the chat for swear words and such.

I believe these types of scripts are really easy to make, I do know know
exactly how, as I haven't played around with Scripts too much.

I would recommend a Preston bot though; very easy to set up for such a task.
You can add words which it ejects a user on and such, as well as welcome a
user when they enter your world.

That is, if you truly want a bot as annoying as the Custom's Aide.

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281

[View Quote]

carlbanks

May 14, 2002, 12:01am
Still waiting for email Brant

[View Quote]

john

Jul 4, 2002, 3:04pm
I made a Customs Aide for TEENZONE in OW.