Bots you can "ride" in // Bots

1  |

ingiebee

May 19, 2001, 1:07am
Hi, I was wondering if Andras or anyone else has gotten around to creating a
bot.... such as a boat, car, airplane, whatever... which can be "entered"
and will transport a rider (or better still, riders) to another location.
Having acutal control while you ride in the thing could be really cool too.

I've given up on trying to learn programming, LOL. It makes my pea brain
hurt!

faber

May 19, 2001, 8:52am
"ingiebee" <ingiebee at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b05e383 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi, I was wondering if Andras or anyone else has gotten around to creating a
> bot.... such as a boat, car, airplane, whatever... which can be "entered"
> and will transport a rider (or better still, riders) to another location.
> Having acutal control while you ride in the thing could be really cool too.

I was trying such a thing as an experiment on the "daniel" bot in awgames.

I can command a daniel instance to "carry" an avatar around, but net lag causes this to be a very bumpy
ride..

Faber

ingiebee

May 21, 2001, 8:34am
Hummm, what is a "daniel" bot? Is it one of your own that you are working
on, or is it one that is available that you are "tweeking"? Sounds
interesting, even if you can't control where it goes yourself, it would
still be cool if you could "ride" it. Thanks, Ingie

[View Quote]

agent1 agent1

May 21, 2001, 11:41am
If you go to AWGames, one of the bots that hangs around GZ is called [Daniel] :) Don't think it'll be available for download...

faber

May 21, 2001, 2:20pm
"ingiebee" <ingiebee at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b08ef4c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hummm, what is a "daniel" bot? Is it one of your own that you are working
> on, or is it one that is available that you are "tweeking"? Sounds
> interesting, even if you can't control where it goes yourself, it would
> still be cool if you could "ride" it. Thanks, Ingie

Its a awgames stationary bot, made by me. i usually use it to test out stuff.

Catch me while i am online, and i can arrange for a ride in awgames :) *grin*

Faber

ingiebee

May 22, 2001, 8:31am
Ok, I'll try to find you some time after this kid is outa my tummy!!! GET
OUT I SAY!!! (my 5 yr old son wants to go back in!!!!) Nite!