Bot running as NT-Service // Bots

1  |

jaydee

Jul 27, 1999, 4:57am
hi

can anyone programm a bot that will be run as nt-service too ??

thanks

feyd

Jul 27, 1999, 2:47pm
Actually, I'm in the process of trying to get such a thing implemented.
What's required is a service wrapper, which should then run around any given
bot. When I get it running, i'll let you know...

[View Quote]

jaydee

Jul 27, 1999, 2:53pm
ok thanks

Feyd <alant at tc.cornell.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 379de2b9.0 at homer...
> Actually, I'm in the process of trying to get such a thing implemented.
> What's required is a service wrapper, which should then run around any
given
> bot. When I get it running, i'll let you know...

[View Quote]

funatic

Jul 27, 1999, 6:06pm
Hi JD,

as far as I know there's a toolkit in the NTResourceKit which will
install any exe-file as a service...
I'll take a look at it on thursday - I'll tell you what I found out ;-)

Funatic

JaYDee schrieb:

> ok thanks
>
> Feyd <alant at tc.cornell.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 379de2b9.0 at homer...
> given

jaydee

Jul 28, 1999, 6:16am
hi fun :)

you can only run programms without GUI as services i think

Funatic <"Funatic" at (nospam).gmx.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
379e10e4.0 at homer...
> Hi JD,
>
> as far as I know there's a toolkit in the NTResourceKit which will
> install any exe-file as a service...
> I'll take a look at it on thursday - I'll tell you what I found out ;-)
>
> Funatic
>
> JaYDee schrieb:
379de2b9.0 at homer...
implemented.

andras sarkozy

Jul 28, 1999, 2:39pm
Strongly disagree! Any program can run as a service. Borland CBuilder 4 comes with all needed dlls and libraries to write your own service.
Andras

[View Quote] > hi fun :)

> you can only run programms without GUI as services i think
>
> Funatic <"Funatic" at (nospam).gmx.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 379e10e4.0 at homer...
> 379de2b9.0 at homer...
> implemented.

feyd

Aug 5, 1999, 2:59pm
I got the wrapper working, i can mail you a copy if you're still interested.
(is your email at homer.de?)