AWtoolkit removal tool // Sdk

1  |

calpantera

Jul 23, 2003, 1:08pm
Activeworlds has created a removal tool that will attempt to remove the
trojan known as AWtoolkit from your computer. Please note that if your
computer was compromised with this trojan other changes may have been made
including the installation of other trojans. This tool only removes the
AWToolkit that we have tested as of Tuesday July 22nd. Other modified
versions may have been released since then. The code signed removal tool is
located here
http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/awtoolkit_remover.exe

weebo

Jul 23, 2003, 1:37pm
Thanks Cal,
We'll help spread the word.
Weebs
[View Quote]

darksville

Jul 24, 2003, 9:26am
Is it true that the link below is a virus? im no trying if it is !

King small guy

"darksville" <craigrood at btopenworld.com> wrote in
news:3f1fc261 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is it true that the link below is a virus? im no trying if it is !

If you read the post and checked who it was from, you'd see it was a
removal utility from AWI.

KAH

number 6 6@6.com

Jul 24, 2003, 10:38am
lol good point,, if the dl url was not a aw.inc one i be worried, as we all
know the same account deatails are used to post in NG who is to say who is
who and what accounts have been "Accessed" with.

[View Quote]

john

Jul 24, 2003, 2:16pm
Is darksville stupid?

~John

[View Quote]

weebo

Jul 24, 2003, 2:37pm
Maybe darkville is a new citizen :)
Wee

[View Quote]

john

Jul 24, 2003, 3:03pm
Don't need 2 be new 2 c its an AW Url, lol, btw king small guy isnt new.

~John

[View Quote]

weebo

Jul 24, 2003, 3:18pm
Didn't think so.
Some just like to waste time of others.
Wee
[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jul 25, 2003, 1:21pm
Well it's not impossible to imagine a situation where Calpantera's cit is
stolen and the thief manages to upload stuff to
objects.activeworlds.com... uh yea :¬/

But that's just paranoia speaking, if that'd happened we'd know by know
heh

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote this
(news:3f200655 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 24 Jul
2003: