IRC // Bots

1  |

stephen

Jul 25, 1999, 2:15pm
gentlemen
Is it possible via a bot or otherwise to link an activeworld with an IRC
server/channel ?
TIA
Stephen

thorus adama

Jul 26, 1999, 8:39am
that would be an interesting thing.
I would like to know more about this as well ;D
Regards,
Thorus

Stephen schrieb:

> gentlemen
> Is it possible via a bot or otherwise to link an activeworld with an IRC
> server/channel ?
> TIA
> Stephen

horizons

Jul 26, 1999, 3:39pm
It is very well possible but you would need some sophisticated hacking
technology. To get the ports of the servers and the form of data transfer to
be interchangeable .

But AWCI would sue you for it

--
Horizons
"Ouch, Intelligent People hurt!"
jammytoe at msn.com
horizons at zons.8m.com

[View Quote]

stephen

Jul 27, 1999, 4:08am
I have no programming knowlege whatsoever , but I dont see why any
"hacking" would be nessecary.. the data steam (chat) from both servers is
already inbound to my puter... I could, if I was quick enough cut and
paste all the dialog from IRC to AW and vice versa.. surely a modified
phonebot would do that.... maintaining the user list from both formats
would be a little trickier Im sure.. but not strictly nessacary...
still hopin :)
stephen

[View Quote]

horizons

Jul 27, 1999, 5:40pm
But if you want'ed it to be truly seemless you would have to have the data
flow be converted to the other format in less that a nano-second, anyhow
doing that is impossible because of the way that IRC scripts things and AW
doesn't at all (WHICH SUCKS BIG BANNANAS!) But up to you if you want to try
and defaet the sercurity. As far as I know you cannot use 2 SDKs in one
executable file, the commands could interfere. Also I know of no sdk for IRC

jammytoe at msn.com
horizons at zons.8m.com

[View Quote]

rolu

Jul 28, 1999, 7:23pm
[View Quote] Indeed, they COULD interfere. And if they do, just rename them in the file
that imports the commands. Easy enough. But I don't know about and IRC SDK,
too. However, the IRC protocol is open. If you do a search, you can find
it's complete specifications quick enough. So you don't need an SDK.

> --
> Horizons
> "Ouch, Intelligent People hurt!"
> jammytoe at msn.com
> horizons at zons.8m.com

[View Quote]

sado alanet

Aug 6, 1999, 9:26pm
Hmmm....

For a brain dead implementation, make a bot that, on the AW_CHAT event, will say
in the IRC channel "x said: y", where x is the username and y is the string he
said.

Simple enough for you?

Sado

[View Quote] [View Quote]