Bingo Bot // Sdk

1  |

john

May 9, 2003, 1:25pm
I have uploaded my first attempt at a bingo bot:

create name bingo-BOARDNAME-who
create name bingo-BOARDNAME-1 to 24

1>5
6>10
11>15
16>20
21>25

Above is a "diagram" of board setup..... numbers going from LEFT to
RIGHT, TOP to BOTTOM

http://www.3d-reality.com/private/bingobot.zip

john

May 9, 2003, 4:40pm
Please tell me what ya think :-)

[View Quote]

pineriver

May 19, 2003, 8:58pm
I get this error when trying to open BingoBot.exe
Bingobot has caused an error in MSVBVM60.DLL Bingobot will now close.
[View Quote]

echomencer

May 19, 2003, 9:49pm
dont want to tell you what you might already know but do u have VB6 or the
VB6 runtime installed on your PC, if u have then don't flame me lol

If you do have the full VB6 that can compile to exe try opening the project
and then compiling it and see if that works ok.

Did the trick for me.

Echo.

[View Quote]

weebo

May 19, 2003, 11:03pm
You need to put this this file on your computer in the directory where you
are starting it or...you need to put this one in your windons system folder
so it will work from anywhere on your pc...most prolly the computer causing
the error doesn't or hasn't had VB 6.0 proggies installed on it yet lol...or
there is a problem in the executable file. MSVBVM60.DLL
This is a Dynamic file that programmers use that is ok to share when the
program file is needing a dynamic library...
Weebo

[View Quote] Visual Basic programmers need to get into the habit of including those
runtimes and libraries needed for their programs. One does not want to
spend 20 hours looking around MSDN for the files they need.

"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote in
news:3ec9c0fb at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Visual Basic programmers need to get into the habit of including those
> runtimes and libraries needed for their programs. One does not want
> to spend 20 hours looking around MSDN for the files they need.

Dead simple to do as well, just generate installers (okay, they look
horrible, but they still work) with the installation tool included with VB.

KAH

john

May 20, 2003, 3:46pm
Bowen, gah! I have no need to provide the stupid runtimes over a 56k modem
when I am releasing it free w/ source code.. stop being ungrateful!

[View Quote] You have every need. Provide 3 packages. One with runtimes, one
without, and one with the source. Some people need the runtimes, some
people don't, some people don't need the source.

john

May 20, 2003, 8:20pm
I don't give a damn, I needn't have released this at ALL... ok!?

[View Quote] I guess you don't want people to use it then.

echomencer

May 20, 2003, 10:11pm
Well I think that considering no one else has published a bot for bingo in
all the time AW have had their one online that people would be grateful for
such a bot offering they could use or develop further. Anyone can search the
net for that DLL file to find its in the VB runtime and find the VB runtime
the same way so I don't see the big deal, its not like your buying the
product and expect customer service.

I guess some people have to pick fault no matter what people try to do just
to feel alive, no wonder people don't wish to help others or reply to
requests for help as they don't want to read replies from people bitching
and picking fault with the help they give. If you are so concerned about
people getting the VB run times why not just post a link for them to click
on and download said files in a constructive manor rather that just be a
control freak :) and pick fault with everyone in the world that has a pulse.

Just to annoy you even more howz about this, I know its childish but hey I
could not resist.

took all of 4 seconds, just goto google.com and ask VB6 run time files
and as if by magic the answer will appear at the top of the list :)

http://support.microsoft.com/support/vbasic/runtime.asp

****waits with firehose.rwx to put out flames.rwx****

Keep up the good work John, fredom for the masses.

Echo.

[View Quote]

tony m

May 20, 2003, 11:28pm
You need to learn to give a damn; that's the only way you will get anywhere releasing freeware.

[View Quote] >I don't give a damn, I needn't have released this at ALL... ok!?

[View Quote] Some people don't have time to go look.

> I guess some people have to pick fault no matter what people try to do just
> to feel alive, no wonder people don't wish to help others or reply to
> requests for help as they don't want to read replies from people bitching
> and picking fault with the help they give. If you are so concerned about
> people getting the VB run times why not just post a link for them to click
> on and download said files in a constructive manor rather that just be a
> control freak :) and pick fault with everyone in the world that has a pulse.

Uh no.

> Just to annoy you even more howz about this, I know its childish but hey I
> could not resist.
>
> took all of 4 seconds, just goto google.com and ask VB6 run time files
> and as if by magic the answer will appear at the top of the list :)
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/vbasic/runtime.asp

And for people, unlike me, who didn't know it was a VB runtime? What
then? Are they psychic?

> ****waits with firehose.rwx to put out flames.rwx****
>
> Keep up the good work John, fredom for the masses.

Weren't we talking about VB?

john

May 21, 2003, 8:55am
This was primarily released as open source for VB coders atcually.. I just
happened to include an EXE afterwards.

[View Quote]

grimble

May 21, 2003, 9:12am
That's the point matey ... the EXE is unusable without the runtimes, so why
not do a thorough job and have some pride is what you release? Without the
runtimes the EXE just a download of garbage. The people that want a bingo
bot generally aren't developers and they want a .... ummm ... bingo bot ...
that works.

Quit being so defensive and listen to people!

Grims

[View Quote]

john

May 21, 2003, 12:13pm
Sorry but there is 1 problem, most people can't seem to be able to use it
anyway without recompiling for some odd reason.... stop having a go.... I
wasn't even going to release it all.. the reason I posted it primarily to
SDK was because SDK is where developers R.

[View Quote]

echomencer

May 21, 2003, 6:13pm
[View Quote] If it matters make time.

just
bitching
click
pulse.

> Uh no.

If u say so lol

> And for people, unlike me, who didn't know it was a VB runtime? What
> then? Are they psychic?

no they just arnt developers!

> Weren't we talking about VB?

if you dont know what the missing files were for then how do u know we are
talking about VB :P

> --
> --Bowen--

Echo.

****Some people DO and others just bitch about nothing****

[View Quote] You really don't know people, do you?

> just
>

> bitching
>

> click
>

> pulse.
>

> If u say so lol

> no they just arnt developers!

And how would they go about getting the file they need? They certainly
wouldn't go to microsoft to look. Like I said, you don't really know
people do you? They'll go, "Error, I don't have this file... guess I'm
not using it and will wait until someone makes a bot that works without
going to find special little libraries that are non-standard anyways."

> if you dont know what the missing files were for then how do u know
> we are talking about VB :P

I was talking about a person who wouldn't.

> Echo.
>
> ****Some people DO and others just bitch about nothing****

Right.

mrbruce

May 28, 2003, 12:32am
There ya go folks, now finish the job and develope it, I'm sure John wont
mind, then release it as a finished product! Now thats what I call a
Community that works together as a TEAM! *S*
MrBruce

not quite, thats called intellectual copyright infringment. ;)

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3ed42170 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> not quite, thats called intellectual copyright infringment. ;)

Depends on the terms he released his code under.

KAH

john

May 28, 2003, 6:13pm
Eek!

They were missing but these are the terms:

The user may modify the BingoBot as he or she pleases. The user may not
sell this bot nor the code but may release their own updates if they want.
Copyright for original code is held by John C H Fricker but any additional
changes by third parties are not.

~John