Thread

Question about setting owner for aw_object_add () (Sdk)

Question about setting owner for aw_object_add () // Sdk

1  |

ubermonkey

Apr 27, 2003, 7:15pm
I'm writing a bit of a game here, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if
there's a way to have the bot set the owner of an object it creates to
something other than the ppw owner used to start the bot. (note: this is in
my world, where I am caretaker and have all rights)

The issue in question is that the users can destroy pieces of the
environment (causing them to be deleted). When I reset the environment, the
bot uses the stored data of all the destroyed objects to reconstruct them -
this works fine. However, the owner is always set to my citnum, regardless
of what citnum I tell it (aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OWNER,whatever);), which is
problematic considering that other people are also building in the world,
and when their destructable objs get reset, they are then owned by me,
making it impossible for them to alter them.

Any ideas?

-Monkey

milesteg

Apr 27, 2003, 7:23pm
use aw_object_load

MilesTeg

"ubermonkey" <henry at wcalliance.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eac4854$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I'm writing a bit of a game here, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows
if
> there's a way to have the bot set the owner of an object it creates to
> something other than the ppw owner used to start the bot. (note: this is
in
> my world, where I am caretaker and have all rights)
>
> The issue in question is that the users can destroy pieces of the
> environment (causing them to be deleted). When I reset the environment,
the
> bot uses the stored data of all the destroyed objects to reconstruct
them -
> this works fine. However, the owner is always set to my citnum, regardless
> of what citnum I tell it (aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OWNER,whatever);), which
is
> problematic considering that other people are also building in the world,
> and when their destructable objs get reset, they are then owned by me,
> making it impossible for them to alter them.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Monkey

ubermonkey

Apr 27, 2003, 11:39pm
Doh! Can't believe I didn't bother to check what that function was for.

Thanks =)

strike rapier

Apr 29, 2003, 1:30am
Never know, could download it off the object path for you if you treat it
nice *G*