Compatibility Question // Sdk

1  |

lord fett

Jan 8, 2003, 11:10pm
I have a 3.4 bot right now with lots of 3.3 and 3.4 features. I want to know
if it is possible to use this bot in a 3.3 world server/3.3 uni server. I
don't want to use the 3.4 features on the bot, because obviously I can't,
but will the rest of the code work? (3.3 and below stuff) I don't want to
have to downgrade the 3.4 sdk to 3.3 sdk, but I don't see a real reason I
would have to. Just trying to make sure before hand. Thanks

chazrad

Jan 9, 2003, 8:18am
i didnt have any probelms sofar using build 29 sdk in 3.3 worlds
"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e1ccc0c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have a 3.4 bot right now with lots of 3.3 and 3.4 features. I want
> to know if it is possible to use this bot in a 3.3 world server/3.3
> uni server. I don't want to use the 3.4 features on the bot, because
> obviously I can't, but will the rest of the code work? (3.3 and below
> stuff) I don't want to have to downgrade the 3.4 sdk to 3.3 sdk, but I
> don't see a real reason I would have to. Just trying to make sure
> before hand. Thanks

lord fett

Jan 9, 2003, 11:42am
how about in a 3.3 universe?

[View Quote]

chazrad

Jan 9, 2003, 1:25pm
i am waiting for test results by 3rd parties, i think CNW

"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e1d7c5e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> how about in a 3.3 universe?

[View Quote]

lord fett

Jan 9, 2003, 6:24pm
yea, that is the universe I want to put my bot in, but I am not sure if it
will function correctly. Are you still waiting for someone to respond back
with if it works or not?

Why don't you just try?

[View Quote]

lord fett

Jan 9, 2003, 11:25pm
Ok, tested it in a 3.3 universe and everything seems to work fine. 3.4 stuff
is just ignored when the commands are given.