terrain // Sdk

1  |

chazrad

Dec 5, 2002, 10:40pm
i must be really thick, or is the terrain really crappy documented? the
sample code is next to nothing and the explanation is IMHO only
understandable for the innercircle of aw nerds. Why do i have to waste
hours of my time finding out what should be told in the docs, sigh

Aw really needs to update these docs

Chaz

grimble

Dec 6, 2002, 11:13am
heh ... like anyone will admit understanding it now!! Luckily, loading
terrain en-mass is something I've not cared too much about, so I'm not in
the inner circle at least.

Grims.

[View Quote] > the explanation is IMHO only understandable for the innercircle of aw
nerds.

chazrad

Dec 6, 2002, 1:34pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in news:3df0a25e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> heh ... like anyone will admit understanding it now!! Luckily, loading
> terrain en-mass is something I've not cared too much about, so I'm not in
> the inner circle at least.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote] well, i tried it every which way and got some really wonderfull terrains,
but not the one that i stored :(. i'll wait till load_node works (if ever)

[View Quote] It is. The only thing I could ever do is flatten the terrain in a given area.

--Bowen--

chazrad

Dec 6, 2002, 4:52pm
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> wrote in
news:3df0da63$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

[View Quote] well i am 1 up on you, i managed to crash the wordserver every time i
uploaded terraindata :)

> well i am 1 up on you, i managed to crash the wordserver every time i
> uploaded terraindata :)

LoL; it took 4 of us to figure out how to work the terrain just to flaten the world.
:P

Jay, Byte Me, Myself and someone else; forgot who at the moment. :)

--Bowen--

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Dec 6, 2002, 9:31pm
Well the SDK docs really do explain it fairly well...

aw_terrain_set uploads a row of terrain cells and has a max of 1000 cells at once. You can only set one texture per call, so that might be annoying...

Anyway, the first two parameters are just where it should start loading the terrain, the third is the number of cells in a row, fourth is the texture you're applying to the cells and fifth is a pointer to an array of short values containing the actual row data.

The SDK example loads terrain to a 100x100 cell area from the array 'data'.

chazrad

Dec 6, 2002, 10:16pm
"agent1" <webmaster at shatteredplattersDOTcom> wrote in
news:3df13351 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well the SDK docs really do explain it fairly well...
> -Agent1

[View Quote] LOL in other words i am really thick, tnx Agent1