Thread

Re: Are hambots dead? (Sdk)

Re: Are hambots dead? // Sdk

"vips" <spiv at nowhere.com> wrote in news:qgeruu0l4nmnig5o29dk6fdfvqtb67nksf at
4ax.com:

> Since yesterday, hambots seem to have passed away..... Login
> validation permanently fails. Checking out Hamfon's web page I read
> "The downloadable bots that you found here before are now not
> supported, and officially retired." (http://www.hamfon.com/hamfon.htm)

Something major has changed in the protocol it seems, and after some
digging I found that the real RC returned is 58 RC_MUST_UPGRADE. The HamBot
is compiled for the SDK build 15. Could someone with VC++ please recompile
it for build 24? I can provide the GPL sourcecode.

Developer note:
This is valid for all bots using old SDK builds, so if you wrote a bot long
ago (or perhaps not so long ago? not sure where the limit is) you might
want to recompile it...