Changes in AW_MY_YAW ... // Sdk

1  |

grimble

Dec 2, 2002, 7:23pm
Anyone noticed a change in the behaviour of a bot's avatar if you put, say,
9999 in the AW_MY_YAW field and issue an aw_state_change()?

I don't believe I've ever experienced that spinning top effect before (I
think I would have remembered). Didn't it used to get (effectively)
automatically "modded" to a 0-3599 value? New "feature" of the avatar
animation engine I guess.

Grims (Still in v3.3 ad infinitum!)

chazrad

Dec 3, 2002, 11:49am
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3debcf3b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Anyone noticed a change in the behaviour of a bot's avatar if you put,
> say, 9999 in the AW_MY_YAW field and issue an aw_state_change()?
>
> I don't believe I've ever experienced that spinning top effect before
> (I think I would have remembered). Didn't it used to get (effectively)
> automatically "modded" to a 0-3599 value? New "feature" of the avatar
> animation engine I guess.
>
> Grims (Still in v3.3 ad infinitum!)

just tried it, yep it spins a few times lol. How did you get there is my
biggest question :)))?

grimble

Dec 3, 2002, 11:57pm
A bad calculation in a join method ... hard to get it right first time
recently as I only spend about 30 minutes at a time on AW stuff these days
before I get annoyed at the empty "stub" methods WAITING FOR 3.4 FEATURES!!!
(oops ... there I go again!).

Grims.

[View Quote]

chazrad

Dec 4, 2002, 5:11pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3ded60f6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> A bad calculation in a join method ... hard to get it right first time
> recently as I only spend about 30 minutes at a time on AW stuff these
> days before I get annoyed at the empty "stub" methods WAITING FOR 3.4
> FEATURES!!! (oops ... there I go again!).
>
> Grims.

[View Quote] which ones then? afaik it's just more attributes not more methods?

grimble

Dec 4, 2002, 7:15pm
One new method from what I can tell, but its the implicit methods and
classes I want to implement based on the world attributes as well as those
that depend on annoying bugs to be fixed that are left over from 3.3 (like
the zero gesture and the named objects).

The "World" class is unwieldly enough (its enormous!) just supporting its
4.7 billion SDK attributes without writing code blind on things I've not
even seen yet ... and the scripting engine is dependant on the object names
working correctly (which they haven't done properly since 3.3 was released
as people only just seem to be realising).

Its all become very tedious and frustrating - like being told what you're
getting for Christmas ... in June!!

Grims

[View Quote] > which ones then? afaik it's just more attributes not more methods?

chazrad

Dec 4, 2002, 9:10pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3dee7058$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Its all become very tedious and frustrating - like being told what
> you're getting for Christmas ... in June!!

lol, i will settle for proper documentation :) the current one is almost as
bad as the ones i write myself ;)

brant

Dec 6, 2002, 12:43am
The only difference this time is that while we were told in June what we
were getting, we won't be getting it until March!

:),

-Brant

[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 9, 2002, 5:18am
I'm guessing this is nothing really new, since you used to be able to make people spin out of control with something like bump warp +0 +0 +99999999

TechnoZeus