AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN // Sdk

1  |

tony m

Nov 30, 2002, 4:59am
According to the help file, this attribute (in AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD) is supposed to be filled with the citizen number, even if it's a bot. In reality, it actually is 0, not the login owner's citnum as it's supposed to be. Not sure if it's fixed in the new SDK, but this is how it is in build 24.

--
Tony M.

[View Quote] I'm not following you; expand what you're saying.

--Bowen--

baron

Nov 30, 2002, 6:02am
Yes the documentation appears to be mistaken here, for bots AW_AVATAR_PRIVILEGE contains the login owner's citnum in the content of AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD. To me it makes sense that it works like this; a bot is just using privs, it doesn't login with a citizen number.

-Baron

[View Quote]

tony m

Nov 30, 2002, 8:33am
[View Quote] >
[View Quote] avatar_add: Tony M[314753] at 0.5S 1.059W 0.66a
avatar_add: [Ravenwing][0] at 0N 0W 2.5a

my cit# is 314753, but Ravenwing's is 0, when it is really supposed to be 298819. The documentation says that AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN is only 0 for tourist, yet it is returning 0 for bots.

I dont see a problem with this, using the privilege to indicate that it is a bot is correct. Because the bot actually logs onto the PPW of the citizenship, not the citizenship itself. Seems juts logical that the citnum for bots should show up as 0

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3de8abd0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I dont see a problem with this, using the privilege to indicate that
> it is a bot is correct. Because the bot actually logs onto the PPW of
> the citizenship, not the citizenship itself. Seems juts logical that
> the citnum for bots should show up as 0

But the docs say it should return the citnum of the owner, so it's not
logical that it doesn't. This has annoyed me too, and I've seen it since
this attribute was added (was it in 3.2? 3.1?).

> avatar_add: Tony M[314753] at 0.5S 1.059W 0.66a
> avatar_add: [Ravenwing][0] at 0N 0W 2.5a
>
> my cit# is 314753, but Ravenwing's is 0, when it is really supposed to be 298819.
The documentation says that AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN is only 0 for tourist, yet it is
returning 0 for bots.

Thanks, I understand now.