target=aw_3d // Sdk

1  |

baron

Nov 17, 2002, 10:47am
Anyone knows if/how you can restore the 3d window after sending a URL with target=aw_3d without having the user "clicking on the large X button "?

================
From http://activeworlds.com/help/url_command.html:

New in 3.3: you can now specify the special target keyword aw_3d with the url command. This causes the triggered web page to replace the 3D window instead of being sent to a separate web window. For example:
activate url www.activeworlds.com target=aw_3d
Once the 3D window has been replaced with a web page, it can be restored by clicking on the large X button in the upper right corner of the new web page.

-Baron

john

Nov 17, 2002, 10:48am
not me - dont think its possible

It isnt possable. Would present a risk of people having control over others web browser and hence was left out?

milesteg

Nov 17, 2002, 1:10pm
"baron" <pk39srt at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3dd78fed$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Anyone knows if/how you can restore the 3d window after sending a URL with
target=aw_3d without having the user "clicking on the large X button "?

> ================
> From http://activeworlds.com/help/url_command.html:
>
> New in 3.3: you can now specify the special target keyword aw_3d with the
url command. This causes the triggered web page to replace the 3D window
instead of being sent to a separate web window. For example:
> activate url www.activeworlds.com target=aw_3d
> Once the 3D window has been replaced with a web page, it can be restored
by clicking on the large X button in the upper right corner of the new web
page.

> -Baron

you can do it with a javascript on the webpage .. but it will ask the user
if he wants to allow this operation... :)

regards,
MilesTeg

baron

Nov 17, 2002, 2:54pm
[View Quote] A worthy idea, thanks a lot. Btw it doesn't have to ask the user, something like the following snaps it clean in default IE configs:)

<script language=javascript>
var closew = window.self;
closew.opener = window.self;
closew.close();
</script>

-Baron

grimble

Nov 17, 2002, 5:40pm
Very useful. Will it work with the standard web-window too? If so, this
could be the answer to a number of "issues" I have with effectively using
the inbuilt browser. Yes, I could try it first, but I've just got home and
I'm shattered, sorry.

Grims

[View Quote] > <script language=javascript>
> var closew = window.self;
> closew.opener = window.self;
> closew.close();
> </script>
>
> -Baron

baron

Nov 17, 2002, 6:06pm
Seems to work fine with any external browser and any target frame. I'm no JS wiz but I believe all this does is fool the browser to believe the window was opened with javascript, so it is allowed to close with javascript without the confirmation message 'window.close()' would normally trigger.

-Baron