Java SDK - Early release // Sdk

1  |

frizzle

Oct 6, 2002, 10:15pm
I've made an early release available of the Java framework I created to
develop the Tekadence Magik module for bot development. I don't know if
anyone else is working on a new Java implementation of the AW API, but it
was easy enough to do myself. There is a lot of the API that hasn't been
exposed yet (I'm working on it), but there is also a lot that is there. I'm
more interested in building up a high-level object framework than just
simply doing the JNI work, so I'm trying to put a lot of though into design.
In any case, what's there I've posted on my website - including javadocs and
some sample code.

http://www.axlogic.com/aw

-j

milesteg

Oct 7, 2002, 1:35pm
Hi Frizzle :)
cooool, another java aw programmer ! ;)
I made a java sdk too but I haven't released it yet, as I am focusing on
Mutation's bot for now.
maybe I will release it someday :)
if you have any problem, contact me , I maybe ran into it already and could
help you :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

"frizzle" <jkaplan at axlogic.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3da0d208 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I've made an early release available of the Java framework I created to
> develop the Tekadence Magik module for bot development. I don't know if
> anyone else is working on a new Java implementation of the AW API, but it
> was easy enough to do myself. There is a lot of the API that hasn't been
> exposed yet (I'm working on it), but there is also a lot that is there.
I'm
> more interested in building up a high-level object framework than just
> simply doing the JNI work, so I'm trying to put a lot of though into
design.
> In any case, what's there I've posted on my website - including javadocs
and
> some sample code.
>
> http://www.axlogic.com/aw
>
> -j

calt exec

Nov 5, 2002, 1:15pm
Hello,

Please to see that there is more support for the java language.

I just wanted to let you know that (after 2 years !!!), we have released a
new
version of the AW java encapsulation.
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/

This new version (contrary to the previous one) try to be as minimalist
as possible, and just to provide a java interface to the aw sdk.
Almost all of the functions are implemented, and you can set handlers.
The callbacks are however not implemented.

This library is relatively robust, since it is used to implement a
relatively complex
bot application (change management role playing game).
It has even been use for writing multithreading applications.
(note however that in that case, the setting and handling of the events
have to run in a same thread).

Very simple example using this library.
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/Distribution/GreeterBotApplica
tion.java

Best regards,

Thierry Nabeth
Research Fellow
INSEAD CALT
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/

calt exec

Nov 5, 2002, 1:29pm
Hello,

(this message only correct a few errors in the previous message)

I just wanted to let you know that (after 2 years !!!), we have released
a new version of the AW java encapsulation available at:
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/

This new version (contrary to the previous one) tries to be as minimalist
as possible, and just to provide a java interface to the aw sdk.
Almost all of the functions are encapsulated, and you can set handlers.
The callbacks are however not implemented yet.

This library is relatively robust, since it is used to implement a
relatively complex bot application (change management role playing game).
It has even been used for writing multithreading applications.
(note however that in that case, the setting and handling of the events
have to run in a same thread).

Very simple example using this library.
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/Distribution/GreeterBotApplica
tion.java

Best regards,

Thierry Nabeth
Research Fellow
INSEAD CALT
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/

calt exec

Nov 5, 2002, 1:37pm
Well, there seems to be some wrapping problem. :#- at èç ..... :-[
I have now set the wrapping to the maximum (132 characters) and I hope
it will not wrapped the following url.
If it is however the case, please append the 2 parts of the url.

GreeterBotApplication.java
Simple application using AWJavaBots:
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/Project/AWJavaBots/Distribution/GreeterBotApplication.java

Thierry