Thread

How to determine AW_OBJECT_NUMBER without aw_query? (Sdk)

How to determine AW_OBJECT_NUMBER without aw_query? // Sdk

1  |

ivano

Sep 29, 2002, 9:46am
Hi all,

Here's my problem. I know exactly an object's position (x,y,z) and model
name. Is there a way to change that object without having to launch aw_query
and deretmine that way the AW_OBJECT_NUMBER?

In other words, is there an easy way to determine AW_OBJECT_NUMBER of an
object knowing only x,y,z and model name?

Thank you.

Ivan Blecic

Not that I know of, ive asked for this feature before on the NG though

I think global mode takes care of that now... don't quote me on that though.

ivano

Sep 29, 2002, 1:27pm
No, it does not as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that I would need to
obtain AW_OBJECT_NUMBER with some sort of sdk function, which doesn't exist.

Anyway, I found the way to solve by problems without having to solve this
problem, eventhough it is an interesting one and worth discussing about.

Cheers, Ivan

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:3d970a81$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I think global mode takes care of that now... don't quote me on that
though.

> --Bowen--

[View Quote]

lethys

Oct 3, 2002, 7:13pm
This might not help but the ObjectClick event in 3.3+ now returns the entire
object instead of just number.

ObjectClick is LMB, for RMB you need to sign up for
AW_EVENT_OBJECT_SELECT