Thread

Help, AW Query .. . Sdk.AwCellNext (AwSdkOcx5), Mark? Anyone? (Sdk)

Help, AW Query .. . Sdk.AwCellNext (AwSdkOcx5), Mark? Anyone? // Sdk

1  |

john

Sep 12, 2002, 9:40pm
How does it work, I mean.. how do we tell when its done?

lord fett

Sep 13, 2002, 12:12am
It enters a loop that will keep going until the entire world is queried. Once the entire world has been queried, then it will exit
the while loop and you can put a command to say "Query Complete" under it.

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 13, 2002, 12:59am
or aw_query_complete will return true
[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 8:51am
It isnt doing this..... it keeps on forever!
[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 8:52am
Fett, I gathered that much already!

[View Quote]

lord fett

Sep 13, 2002, 12:17pm
What language? VB?

When you go to start the query, put this:

sdk.AwIntSet AW_CELL_ITERATOR, 0
Do
DoEvents
If sdk.AwCellNext Then sdk.AwSay "Complete": Exit Do
Loop

That will put it into a Do loop until it is done querying. When it is done querying, then it will say "Complete"

In addition to this, make sure you have the other object/query subs as well.

sdk_EventCellObject()
sdk_EventObjectAdd()
sdk_EventObjectDelete()

The code for those can be found at
http://www.grimmsoft.com/help/index.php?parent=1&item=246&expand=7|

[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 3:01pm
Hey, thanks! :-)

If your using Barons code I seem to have a problem with it setting AW_QUERY_COMPLETE, but when you use the code

Forget I said that, I pressed the wrong buttons

john

Sep 13, 2002, 4:15pm
Question: How do I know if an object has changed??
[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 4:15pm
To clarify: How do I know if somebody adds an object??

You will recieve the AW_EVENT_OBJECT_ADD event
[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 8:22pm
Nope... lol

[View Quote]

milesteg

Sep 13, 2002, 9:09pm
only a global mode instance will make you receive AW_EVENT_OBJECT_ADD
without making an aw_query.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d826527 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Nope... lol

[View Quote]

lord fett

Sep 13, 2002, 10:47pm
His bot doesn't have to be in global mode because I gave him query code above and he said it worked.

[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2002, 10:50pm
Fett, I have a problem.... erm! What happens is after its found
everything.... it doesnt find more if its added after query is completed.

[View Quote]

lord fett

Sep 14, 2002, 12:32am
did you add the Private Sub sdk_EventObjectAdd() sub?
[View Quote]

milesteg

Sep 14, 2002, 1:29am
i think what he wants is the live update mode .. and i think ( i m not sure
tho ) it is not avalaible after a cell_next .
I know it is possible after a complete aw_query or in global mode.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d82873c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> His bot doesn't have to be in global mode because I gave him query code
above and he said it worked.

And if you use the full logon AW_EVENT_SET AW_EVENT_OBJECT_ADD, func_aw_object_add