Protocol Specs // Sdk

1  |

nephrael

Sep 9, 2002, 8:38am
I am looking for protocol specs between AW servers and clients .. where
would I find this? Is is secret?

milesteg

Sep 9, 2002, 9:41am
"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7c7a13$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I am looking for protocol specs between AW servers and clients .. where
> would I find this? Is is secret?

It is secret.
Use their sdk instead :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

nephrael

Sep 9, 2002, 2:33pm
I am writting bots for a linux only version of Prolog.
Is there a linux/C version of the SDK?

[View Quote]

milesteg

Sep 9, 2002, 2:50pm
unfortunatly, aw never released a linux version of their c sdk...
so sdk app can only be made for windows.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7ccd43$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I am writting bots for a linux only version of Prolog.
> Is there a linux/C version of the SDK?

[View Quote]

nephrael

Sep 9, 2002, 5:06pm
Thanks for quick and honest replies!

Most of the Prolog language AI code can run on windows. I guess I'll make a
toolkit for Prolog programmers to run bots. Mainly because I would like to
do enable robocup bots to run in AW soccer world (anyone familiar?
http://www.robocup.org/)

I definately would have though this was done at least once in AW =)
Anyone know?

Also I not sure if purchasing my own world (~$260) to serve is a good idea
when I have not even proven to myself I can make a reliable proof of
concept. Does anyone have public worlds that they dont mind having a
couple test bots (and me join?) I would need some abilities to build a bit.

Also regarding Standard SDK.. (I will check the docs as well) Is there any
commands or interactions that aren't available that would be via the normal
client software?

[View Quote]

milesteg

Sep 9, 2002, 10:38pm
You're welcome :)

You can use bot even in alphaworld , just be sure to make it enter far
enough from GZ

you can t send or receive telegram with the sdk
you have to handle collision detection yourself... sdk knows nothing about
rwx files....

Regards,
MilesTeg

"nephrael" <dmiles at users.sourceforge.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3d7cf12a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thanks for quick and honest replies!
>
> Most of the Prolog language AI code can run on windows. I guess I'll make
> toolkit for Prolog programmers to run bots. Mainly because I would like
> do enable robocup bots to run in AW soccer world (anyone familiar?
> http://www.robocup.org/)
>
> I definately would have though this was done at least once in AW =)
> Anyone know?
>
> Also I not sure if purchasing my own world (~$260) to serve is a good idea
> when I have not even proven to myself I can make a reliable proof of
> concept. Does anyone have public worlds that they dont mind having a
> couple test bots (and me join?) I would need some abilities to build a
bit.

> Also regarding Standard SDK.. (I will check the docs as well) Is there
any
> commands or interactions that aren't available that would be via the
normal
> client software?

Ask AW's resident cracker extrodinare ;)