Thread

AW_Create (Sdk)

AW_Create // Sdk

Howdy peoples,
Could someone please tell me what port and host to use in aw_create for AW? 0,0 dosent work anymore for me.

- Mark

status

Host: auth.activeworlds.com (64.94.241.250)
Port: 5670

-Status

strike rapier said, "Could someone please tell me what port and host to use
in aw_create for AW?"

Thanks, ive got it sorted.. but now its saying my PPW is invalid, ive even hardcoded it to the right 1 with no luck. All my other bots login fine, anyone know if there is a problem seen before like this?

- Mar

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3d66eb3f at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Thanks, ive got it sorted.. but now its saying my PPW is invalid, ive
> even hardcoded it to the right 1 with no luck. All my other bots login
> fine, anyone know if there is a problem seen before like this?

Change it to a new one to be 100% sure. And what's your code for setting it
(replace the PPW with something like "secret")?

I fixed it, I use functions to set some globals, however AW_LOGIN_PASSWORD was being set instead of AW_LOGIN_PRIVILEGE_PASSWORD :) Thanks for baron for pointing out my stupidity and helping me getting it working. :)

Now my only prob is its not recieving events even with all the events set and the features installed.

milesteg

Aug 24, 2002, 12:48pm
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
de news: 3d679990 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I fixed it, I use functions to set some globals, however AW_LOGIN_PASSWORD
was being set instead of AW_LOGIN_PRIVILEGE_PASSWORD :) Thanks for baron for
pointing out my stupidity and helping me getting it working. :)

> Now my only prob is its not recieving events even with all the events set
and the features installed.

> - Mark
Did you call aw_state_change?
because, if you re not in global mode, you need to call aw_state_change to
receive all the events related to avatars :)

Regards,
MilesTeg

Public Sub Login_Bot(Citnum As Long, PPW As String, BotName As String, Avatar As Integer, World As String, X As Long, Y As Long, Z As Long, YAW As Long, GlobalMode As Boolean, Invisible As Boolean, Universal As Boolean)
Dim RC As Long, LoginTime As Long, vbDoubleTab As String
vbDoubleTab = vbTab & vbTab
LoginTime = Timer
With FrmMain.sdk
'Create instance
RC = .aw_create("auth.activeworlds.com", 5670)
If RC Then
Display Time & vbTab & "Could not create instance in Active Worlds - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Status "Could not create instance in Active Worlds - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Exit Sub
Else
Display Time & vbTab & "Successfully created instance in Active Worlds", vbBlue
Status "Successfully created instance in Active Worlds - Time Taken: " & (Timer - logintimer), vbBlue
End If
.aw_int_set AW_LOGIN_OWNER, Citnum
.aw_string_set AW_LOGIN_PRIVILEGE_PASSWORD, PPW
.aw_string_set AW_LOGIN_NAME, "saykuamon"
.aw_string_set AW_LOGIN_APPLICATION, "Saykuamon"
RC = .aw_login
If RC Then
Display "Could not login - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Status "Could not login - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Exit Sub
Else
Display Time & vbTab & BotName & " sucessfully logged into Universe Active Worlds - Level 3", vbBlue
Status BotName & " sucessfully logged into Universe Active Worlds - Time Taken: " & (Timer - logintimer), vbBlue
End If
If Universal = True Then
Status "Holding at universal level (3) - Total login time: " & (Timer - logintimer), vbBlue
FrmLogin.Visible = False
Exit Sub
End If
If GlobalMode = True Then
.aw_bool_set AW_ENTER_GLOBAL, True
Else
.aw_bool_set AW_ENTER_GLOBAL, False
End If
RC = .aw_enter(World)
If RC Then
Display Time & vbTab & BotName & " could not enter '" & World & "' - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Status BotName & " could not enter '" & World & "' - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Exit Sub
Else
Display Time & vbTab & BotName & " enters the world '" & World & "'", vbBlue
Status BotName & " enters the world '" & World & "'", vbBlue
FrmMain.Caption = "Seykuamon - " & World
End If

If Invisible = True Then
Status "Holding at world level (2) - Total login time: " & (Timer - logintimer), vbBlue
FrmLogin.Visible = False
Exit Sub
End If
.aw_int_set AW_MY_X, X
.aw_int_set AW_MY_Y, Y
.aw_int_set AW_MY_Z, -2750000
.aw_int_set AW_MY_YAW, YAW
.aw_int_set AW_MY_TYPE, 1
Status "Setting SDK coordinate values - X: " & X & " Y: " & Y & " Z: " & Z & " YAW: " & YAW, vbBlue
Status "Evaluating SDK coordinates - Target Set: " & StringCoords(X, Y, Z, YAW), vbBlue
.aw_event_set EventAvatarAdd
.aw_event_set EventAvatarChange
.aw_event_set EventAvatarDelete
.aw_event_set EventChat
RC = .aw_state_change
If RC Then
Display Time & vbTab & BotName & " could not state change - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Status BotName & " could not state change - Reason: " & ARC_Lookup(RC), vbRed
Exit Sub
Else
Display Time & vbTab & BotName & " enters the world '" & World & "' at the physical level", vbBlue
Status BotName & " enters the world '" & World & "' at the physical level", vbBlue
End If
.aw_event_set EventAvatarAdd
.aw_event_set EventAvatarChange
.aw_event_set EventAvatarDelete
.aw_event_set EventChat
.aw_event_set EventWorldInfo
Status "Holding at Physical level (1) - Total login time: " & (Timer - logintimer), vbBlue
FrmLogin.Visible = False
End With
End Sub

Is what im using.. But it still does not recieve any events appart from avatar add

baron

Aug 24, 2002, 1:14pm
Try setting the events like this:
.aw_event_set (AW_EVENT_CHAT)
.aw_event_set (AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD)
.aw_event_set (AW_EVENT_AVATAR_DELETE)
.aw_event_set (AW_EVENT_AVATAR_CHANGE)

Always use Option Explicit, compiler would have caught these if you did. Btw are you sure it receives AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD? If it does you have set the events elsewhere in your code too. You already tried to set them twice in this procedure, setting events just once for an instance is sufficient :)

-Baron

[View Quote] > .aw_event_set EventAvatarAdd
> .aw_event_set EventAvatarChange
> .aw_event_set EventAvatarDelete
> .aw_event_set EventChat

> .aw_event_set EventAvatarAdd
> .aw_event_set EventAvatarChange
> .aw_event_set EventAvatarDelete
> .aw_event_set EventChat
> .aw_event_set EventWorldInfo
>
> Is what im using.. But it still does not recieve any events appart from avatar add

Yep, it always recieved Avatar_Add nomatter what, even without a handler installed at all.
*adds Option explicit*

baron

Aug 24, 2002, 9:32pm
Option Explicit being optional is one of the reasons for a lot of sloppy VB code in general and the bad reputation the language has, not referring to this example or you personally. VB is very tolerant, a lot more than it should be so it's up to the developer to make it more strict in order to maintain his sanity. Fortunately this has changed a lot with VB.NET, those who think their compiler (and computer) actually speaks English are in for a big surprise. Anyway to make sure you don't forget it in the future you can make Option Explicit the default behavior in your projects by checking Tools/Options/Editor/Require Variable Declaration. That is the first thing I do in every new VS6 installation :)

-Baron

I only reinstalled VS again last week and I had yet to enable it.