Thread

Deleting * from description boxes (Bots)

Deleting * from description boxes // Bots

1  |

anpetu olowan

Mar 4, 2001, 11:07am
Is there a bot or a program that I can use to delete all the
objects in my world that has a * in the description box? I
don't know how they got there, but they are and are taking up
a lot of cell space. Also, I have some objects that try to
download but can't find the objects anywhere, not even the
black triangles for them. Any suggestions besides calling
everything quits?

Thanks

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------31605E2148BCF86AB775B529

2 methods you can try (means I never tried them) :

1. use Andras' Bot (I think SyntaxBot) from http://andras.net

2. uses the HamFon builder or other build bots
- Save the area you want to clean out (propdump to olddump.dat)
- use the console command "find" to filter the lines :
find "*"<olddump.dat>newdump.dat
Type it exactly as I typed it, including the quotes
- load this new dump to the buildbot and delete the objects

anpetu olowan schrieb:

> Is there a bot or a program that I can use to delete all the
> objects in my world that has a * in the description box? I
> don't know how they got there, but they are and are taking up
> a lot of cell space. Also, I have some objects that try to
> download but can't find the objects anywhere, not even the
> black triangles for them. Any suggestions besides calling
> everything quits?
>
> Thanks
--------------31605E2148BCF86AB775B529

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------31605E2148BCF86AB775B529--

anpetu olowan

Mar 4, 2001, 12:13pm
Ok, thanks a lot. I'll give it a whirl. :)

[View Quote]

anpetu olowan

Mar 4, 2001, 12:24pm
Ok, I downloaded the bot, no problem.........but the bot
won't connect???? Get error 429 whaterver that means.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9992C9C342F9EB7444CD8595

429 = RC_UNABLE_TO_CONNECT

Maybe the universe data, host and port?
Check your browser INI file (aworld.ini) to find out which settings the
universe requires, both can be left blank for AW - it uses the default
then.

Oh, and the bot requires a line off course, you need to be connected to
the internet ;)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------85CAD321DCAF91C508B535DF

http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/reason.htm

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------85CAD321DCAF91C508B535DF--

johnf

Mar 4, 2001, 3:06pm
Do a prop dump, open in wordpad, use replace function, and replace "*" with
""

Save and load propdump

rolu

Mar 4, 2001, 5:08pm
[View Quote] watch out - that changes *every* * in the world into nothing. Not only the
ones you don't want.

rolu

brant

Mar 5, 2001, 1:58am
You could also try the AW Utility that I programmed, which can search all or
part of a world by a variety of criteria and manipulate objects quickly with
an easy to use GUI.

http://www.shoemakervillage.org/programs.html