Thread

Evil Killer Bots (Sdk)

Evil Killer Bots // Sdk

A quick question, but complex in its entirity.

Is there any way to perform a query, take a registery dump and create a 3d view of something (im trying to create a standalone prebuilder) such as a OCX control that anyone knows about etc? Language im after it for is VB (C++ is taking a break while it recovered from the 12 errors on 1 line it just had)

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3d62e070 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> A quick question, but complex in its entirity.
>
> Is there any way to perform a query, take a registery dump and create
> a 3d view of something (im trying to create a standalone prebuilder)
> such as a OCX control that anyone knows about etc? Language im after
> it for is VB (C++ is taking a break while it recovered from the 12
> errors on 1 line it just had)

Could you rephrase that? :-))

KAH

deconstructor

Aug 21, 2002, 5:01pm
If I think I understand right, you want to display the .rwx models in 3d?
Well, I'm not sure if there is an OCX or DLL that does this all for you, and
I'm not too knowledgable on the Renderware specs, but you'd have to use the
Renderware API itself (http://andras.net/rw21docs) or write your own code to
parse the vertices and such out of a .RWX script file and pass it to some
other rendering API--either OpenGL or D3D, I.E.:

ModelBegin
ClumpBegin
Vertex -0.05 0.00 -0.05 #1
Vertex -0.05 0.00 0.05 #2
Vertex 0.05 0.00 0.05 #3
Vertex 0.05 0.00 -0.05 #4
Vertex -0.05 0.10 -0.05 #5
Vertex -0.05 0.10 0.05 #6
Vertex 0.05 0.10 0.05 #7
Vertex 0.05 0.10 -0.05 #8
ClumpEnd
ModelEnd

Just read the vertices out of here and then
glVertex3f(vertices[0][0],vertices[0][1],vertices[0][2]);

This may be helpful:
http://www.grovers.com/objects/rw.html

Deconstructor

"deconstructor" <decawn at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3d63e36f at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If I think I understand right, you want to display the .rwx models in
> 3d? Well, I'm not sure if there is an OCX or DLL that does this all
> for you, and I'm not too knowledgable on the Renderware specs, but
> you'd have to use the Renderware API itself
> (http://andras.net/rw21docs) or write your own code to parse the
> vertices and such out of a .RWX script file and pass it to some other
> rendering API--either OpenGL or D3D, I.E.:

Using RW to do it isn't such a good idea, since you'd have to use a pre-RW3
version which are crappy (and when AW was converted to RW3 Roland & Co.
started making their own RWX extensions that it wouldn't support anyway).
The OGL or D3D version would probably be best (I daresay using D3D will be
easiest because there are more D3D engines than OGL engines for VB). I
really doubt an OCX/DLL doing exactly this task exists, but a search might
be wise.