AW4 vs. SL features (Community)

AW4 vs. SL features // Community

1  2  |

eep

------=_NextPart_000_0555_01C645F3.95A64870

http://help.activeworlds.com/ lists new features for Active Worlds 4.1. =
Some of these things SL doesn't have:
a.. Zones : SL needs this for at least under water. SL already changes =
lighting/fog under water so why not other things like gravity, splash =
sound/effects, etc (without having to wear an attachment all the time!)?
b.. Particles
a.. Particle type: sprite, facer (apparently there's a difference =
between the 2 terms), flat panel, or model. SL particles can only be =
sprites.
b.. Particles can have gravity. While SL particles can have downward =
force, it's not true gravity (especially with bouncing).
c.. zone-exclusivity
d.. camera position
c.. camera objects: SL 1.9's new camera commands might be the same =
thing
d.. smooth rotate/move: SL's rotate and position functions always have =
slight acceleration/deceleration and can't just move abruptly.
e.. GUI - dockable/floating windows: SL's interface could seriously =
benefit from something like this! The inventory window doesn't need to =
be open all the time and could more intuitively slide (though I would =
prefer "pop") in/out of view. This could also work for the object edit =
window, IM window, etc. AW4+'s vertical tab panels are a bit too thick =
for my tastes though.
f.. terrain: 1km elevation range (500m above/below 0 altitude): SL's =
is only 8 METERS
g.. VoIP: voice chat
h.. GIF/PNG textures
SL already has and AW now has:
a.. downslide: avatars slide down slopes (AW doesn't have a formal =
physics engine so physics only applies to avatars)
b.. global events: all users can see triggered (touch/bump) events =
(opening doors, playing sounds, etc)
c.. screenshot key
Old features AW has but SL doesn't (and should):
a.. external models: old debate but I still think it's valid that SL =
should allow external models (i.e. 3DS) but, since non-parametric model =
(SL's prims) vertex manipulation can be bandwidth-intensive, only allow =
them to be static for the most part (could still allow full-object =
color, light, full-bright, texture, etc changes)
b.. terrain
a.. editing: vertices can be moved to any vertical position =
instantly, unlike SL's slow terrain editor
b.. holes
c.. light
a.. type: point, cone, spot - SL only has point
b.. radius: object-independent, can be over 10m - SL light radius =
limited to 10m (max prim size)
c.. brightness: seperate from object color
d.. effects: blink, fade in/out, fire, flicker, flash, pulse - SL =
can do blinking/flickering but only prims will register it fast enough =
(but not always in recent builds); the ground lags considerably. Some =
things SL should NOT do server-side!
e.. coronas: SL has these in the debug menu but can't be specified =
per light source like AW can. AW's world light source's (i.e. the sun) =
texture (normal + corona) can also be changed, unlike SL's static =
textures (and badly-gradiented corona)
d.. client-side effects: along with light, rotation and =
movement/position are much smoother in AW (aside from SL's llTargetOmega =
rotation function) because they are client-side. SL doesn't need to do =
everything on the server. Position should have an =
llTargetOmega-equivalent (llPositionOmega?) and can be interpolated on =
the client so it looks smooth.
e.. sky: while AW doesn't have cellular automata clouds, its sky looks =
MUCH better than SL's through the use of 3 cloud layers (see World =
Features (no direct link to sky but it's towards the bottom) for more =
info
f.. water: while SL's water looks better (with pixel-/vertex-shading =
ripple effects anyway), AW's water is far more configurable (see World =
Features link above for more info)
I think AW and SL should just merge...
------=_NextPart_000_0555_01C645F3.95A64870

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#80828c background=3D""><A =
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/"=20
target=3D_blank>http://help.activeworlds.com/</A> lists new features for =
Active=20
Worlds 4.1. Some of these things SL doesn't have:
<UL>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?zones"=20
target=3D_blank>Zones</A> : SL needs this for at least under water. SL =
already=20
changes lighting/fog under water so why not other things like gravity, =
splash=20
sound/effects, etc (without having to wear an attachment all the =
time!)?</LI>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?particles"=20
target=3D_blank>Particles</A>
<UL>
<LI>Particle type: sprite, facer (apparently there's a difference =
between=20
the 2 terms), flat panel, or model. SL particles can only be =
sprites.</LI>
<LI>Particles can have gravity. While SL particles can have downward =
force,=20
it's not true gravity (especially with bouncing).</LI>
<LI>zone-exclusivity</LI>
<LI>camera position</LI></UL></LI>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?cameras"=20
target=3D_blank>camera objects</A>: SL 1.9's new camera commands might =
be the=20
same thing</LI>
<LI>smooth <A =
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?rotate_command"=20
target=3D_blank>rotate</A>/<A=20
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?move_command"=20
target=3D_blank>move</A>: SL's rotate and position functions always =
have slight=20
acceleration/deceleration and can't just move abruptly.</LI>
<LI>GUI - dockable/floating windows: SL's interface could seriously =
benefit=20
from something like this! The inventory window doesn't need to be open =
all the=20
time and could more intuitively slide (though I would prefer "pop") =
in/out of=20
view. This could also work for the object edit window, IM window, etc. =
AW4+'s=20
vertical tab panels are a bit too thick for my tastes though.</LI>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?terrain"=20
target=3D_blank>terrain</A>: 1km elevation range (500m above/below 0 =
altitude):=20
SL's is only 8 <B>METERS</B></LI>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?voip"=20
target=3D_blank>VoIP</A>: voice chat</LI>
<LI>GIF/PNG textures</LI></UL>SL already has and AW now has:
<UL>
<LI>downslide: avatars slide down slopes (AW doesn't have a formal =
physics=20
engine so physics only applies to avatars)</LI>
<LI>global events: all users can see triggered (touch/bump) events =
(opening=20
doors, playing sounds, etc)</LI>
<LI>screenshot key</LI></UL>Old features AW has but SL doesn't (and =
should):
<UL>
<LI>external models: old debate but I still think it's valid that SL =
should=20
allow external models (i.e. 3DS) but, since non-parametric model (SL's =
prims)=20
vertex manipulation can be bandwidth-intensive, only allow them to be =
static=20
for the most part (could still allow full-object color, light, =
full-bright,=20
texture, etc changes)</LI>
<LI><A href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?terrain"=20
target=3D_blank>terrain</A>
<UL>
<LI>editing: vertices can be moved to any vertical position =
instantly,=20
unlike SL's slow terrain editor</LI>
<LI>holes</LI></UL></LI>
<LI><A =
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?light_command"=20
target=3D_blank>light</A>
<UL>
<LI>type: point, cone, spot - SL only has point</LI>
<LI>radius: object-independent, can be over 10m - SL light radius =
limited to=20
10m (max prim size)</LI>
<LI>brightness: seperate from object color</LI>
<LI>effects: blink, fade in/out, fire, flicker, flash, pulse - SL =
can do=20
blinking/flickering but only prims will register it fast enough (but =
not=20
always in recent builds); the ground lags considerably. Some things =
SL=20
should NOT do server-side!</LI>
<LI>coronas: SL has these in the debug menu but can't be specified =
per light=20
source like AW can. AW's world light source's (i.e. the sun) texture =
(normal=20
+ corona) can also be changed, unlike SL's static textures (and=20
badly-gradiented corona)</LI></UL></LI>
<LI>client-side effects: along with light, rotation and =
movement/position are=20
much smoother in AW (aside from SL's llTargetOmega rotation function) =
because=20
they are client-side. SL doesn't need to do everything on the server. =
Position=20
should have an llTargetOmega-equivalent (llPositionOmega?) and can be=20
interpolated on the client so it looks smooth.</LI>
<LI>sky: while AW doesn't have cellular automata clouds, its sky looks =
MUCH=20
better than SL's through the use of 3 cloud layers (see <A=20
=
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/document.php?world_features_dialog" =

target=3D_blank>World Features</A> (no direct link to sky but it's =
towards the=20
bottom) for more info</LI>
<LI>water: while SL's water looks better (with pixel-/vertex-shading =
ripple=20
effects anyway), AW's water is far more configurable (see World =
Features link=20
above for more info)</LI></UL>I think AW and SL should just=20
merge...</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0555_01C645F3.95A64870--

captain mad mike

Mar 12, 2006, 11:48pm
Informative post, interesting points you bring up. Though I can only imagine
that AW and SL merging would result in some bizarre bastard child of a
virtual world...seeing as how in SL land costs money and has x set of
features, but in Active Worlds you can take as much land as you want
(depending upon the world you're building in, of course) and you get y set
of features.

*waits for the inevitable "OMG YOU POSTED IN HTML" replies*

-CMM

[View Quote]

deltaphc

Mar 13, 2006, 5:43am
Technically speaking, I don't think it would be possible for AW and SL
to merge. The technologies they use are completely different from
eachother, formats aren't interoperable, etc.

I know what you mean, though. It'd be great if I had SL's building tools
and scripting language and AW's freedom to build without paying for
virtual land all rolled into one product or something.

--
- DeltaPHC
Cit 355508

http://delta.digibase.ca

ltbrenton

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64693.CAE85B40

OMG YOU POSTED IN HTML

Thankyou for beginnning to drag newsgroups kicking and screaming into =
the 21st century.

-Lt

[View Quote] > virtual world...seeing as how in SL land costs money and has x set of=20
> features, but in Active Worlds you can take as much land as you want=20
> (depending upon the world you're building in, of course) and you get y =
set=20
> of features.
>=20
> *waits for the inevitable "OMG YOU POSTED IN HTML" replies*
>=20
> -CMM
>=20
[View Quote] > engine so physics only applies to avatars)
> global events: all users can see triggered (touch/bump) events =
(opening=20
> doors, playing sounds, etc)
> screenshot key
> Old features AW has but SL doesn't (and should):
> external models: old debate but I still think it's valid that SL =
should=20
> allow external models (i.e. 3DS) but, since non-parametric model (SL's =

> prims) vertex manipulation can be bandwidth-intensive, only allow them =
to be=20
> static for the most part (could still allow full-object color, light,=20
> full-bright, texture, etc changes)
> terrain
> editing: vertices can be moved to any vertical position instantly, =
unlike=20
> SL's slow terrain editor
> holes
> light
> type: point, cone, spot - SL only has point
> radius: object-independent, can be over 10m - SL light radius limited =
to 10m=20
> (max prim size)
> brightness: seperate from object color
> effects: blink, fade in/out, fire, flicker, flash, pulse - SL can do=20
> blinking/flickering but only prims will register it fast enough (but =
not=20
> always in recent builds); the ground lags considerably. Some things SL =

> should NOT do server-side!
> coronas: SL has these in the debug menu but can't be specified per =
light=20
> source like AW can. AW's world light source's (i.e. the sun) texture =
(normal=20
> + corona) can also be changed, unlike SL's static textures (and=20
> badly-gradiented corona)
> client-side effects: along with light, rotation and movement/position =
are=20
> much smoother in AW (aside from SL's llTargetOmega rotation function)=20
> because they are client-side. SL doesn't need to do everything on the=20
> server. Position should have an llTargetOmega-equivalent =
(llPositionOmega?)=20
> and can be interpolated on the client so it looks smooth.
> sky: while AW doesn't have cellular automata clouds, its sky looks =
MUCH=20
> better than SL's through the use of 3 cloud layers (see World Features =
(no=20
> direct link to sky but it's towards the bottom) for more info
> water: while SL's water looks better (with pixel-/vertex-shading =
ripple=20
> effects anyway), AW's water is far more configurable (see World =
Features=20
> link above for more info)
> I think AW and SL should just merge...=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64693.CAE85B40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D6><EM><STRONG>OMG YOU =
POSTED IN=20
HTML</STRONG></EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thankyou for beginnning to drag =
newsgroups kicking=20
and screaming into the 21st century.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Lt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Captain MAD Mike" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:mlangan1 at maine.rr.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>mlangan1 at maine.rr.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:4414cf7a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:4414cf7a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
Informative post,=20
interesting points you bring up. Though I can only imagine <BR>&gt; that =
AW and=20
SL merging would result in some bizarre bastard child of a <BR>&gt; =
virtual=20
world...seeing as how in SL land costs money and has x set of <BR>&gt; =
features,=20
but in Active Worlds you can take as much land as you want <BR>&gt; =
(depending=20
upon the world you're building in, of course) and you get y set <BR>&gt; =
of=20
features.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; *waits for the inevitable "OMG YOU POSTED IN =
HTML"=20
replies*<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -CMM<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Eep" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:eepNOSPAM at tnlc.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>eepNOSPAM at tnlc.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:4414bf5b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:4414bf5b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://help.activeworlds.com/"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://help.activeworlds.com/</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2> lists=20
new features for Active Worlds 4.1. Some <BR>&gt; of these things SL =
doesn't=20
have:<BR>&gt; Zones : SL needs this for at least under water. SL already =
changes=20
<BR>&gt; lighting/fog under water so why not other things like gravity, =
splash=20
<BR>&gt; sound/effects, etc (without having to wear an attachment all =
the=20
time!)?<BR>&gt; Particles<BR>&gt; Particle type: sprite, facer =
(apparently=20
there's a difference between the 2 <BR>&gt; terms), flat panel, or =
model. SL=20
particles can only be sprites.<BR>&gt; Particles can have gravity. While =
SL=20
particles can have downward force, it's <BR>&gt; not true gravity =
(especially=20
with bouncing).<BR>&gt; zone-exclusivity<BR>&gt; camera position<BR>&gt; =
camera=20
objects: SL 1.9's new camera commands might be the same thing<BR>&gt; =
smooth=20
rotate/move: SL's rotate and position functions always have slight =
<BR>&gt;=20
acceleration/deceleration and can't just move abruptly.<BR>&gt; GUI -=20
dockable/floating windows: SL's interface could seriously benefit from =
<BR>&gt;=20
something like this! The inventory window doesn't need to be open all =
the=20
<BR>&gt; time and could more intuitively slide (though I would prefer =
"pop")=20
in/out <BR>&gt; of view. This could also work for the object edit =
window, IM=20
window, etc. <BR>&gt; AW4+'s vertical tab panels are a bit too thick for =
my=20
tastes though.<BR>&gt; terrain: 1km elevation range (500m above/below 0=20
altitude): SL's is only 8 <BR>&gt; METERS<BR>&gt; VoIP: voice =
chat<BR>&gt;=20
GIF/PNG textures<BR>&gt; SL already has and AW now has:<BR>&gt; =
downslide:=20
avatars slide down slopes (AW doesn't have a formal physics <BR>&gt; =
engine so=20
physics only applies to avatars)<BR>&gt; global events: all users can =
see=20
triggered (touch/bump) events (opening <BR>&gt; doors, playing sounds,=20
etc)<BR>&gt; screenshot key<BR>&gt; Old features AW has but SL doesn't =
(and=20
should):<BR>&gt; external models: old debate but I still think it's =
valid that=20
SL should <BR>&gt; allow external models (i.e. 3DS) but, since =
non-parametric=20
model (SL's <BR>&gt; prims) vertex manipulation can be =
bandwidth-intensive, only=20
allow them to be <BR>&gt; static for the most part (could still allow=20
full-object color, light, <BR>&gt; full-bright, texture, etc =
changes)<BR>&gt;=20
terrain<BR>&gt; editing: vertices can be moved to any vertical position=20
instantly, unlike <BR>&gt; SL's slow terrain editor<BR>&gt; =
holes<BR>&gt;=20
light<BR>&gt; type: point, cone, spot - SL only has point<BR>&gt; =
radius:=20
object-independent, can be over 10m - SL light radius limited to 10m =
<BR>&gt;=20
(max prim size)<BR>&gt; brightness: seperate from object color<BR>&gt; =
effects:=20
blink, fade in/out, fire, flicker, flash, pulse - SL can do <BR>&gt;=20
blinking/flickering but only prims will register it fast enough (but not =

<BR>&gt; always in recent builds); the ground lags considerably. Some =
things SL=20
<BR>&gt; should NOT do server-side!<BR>&gt; coronas: SL has these in the =
debug=20
menu but can't be specified per light <BR>&gt; source like AW can. AW's =
world=20
light source's (i.e. the sun) texture (normal <BR>&gt; + corona) can =
also be=20
changed, unlike SL's static textures (and <BR>&gt; badly-gradiented=20
corona)<BR>&gt; client-side effects: along with light, rotation and=20
movement/position are <BR>&gt; much smoother in AW (aside from SL's=20
llTargetOmega rotation function) <BR>&gt; because they are client-side. =
SL=20
doesn't need to do everything on the <BR>&gt; server. Position should =
have an=20
llTargetOmega-equivalent (llPositionOmega?) <BR>&gt; and can be =
interpolated on=20
the client so it looks smooth.<BR>&gt; sky: while AW doesn't have =
cellular=20
automata clouds, its sky looks MUCH <BR>&gt; better than SL's through =
the use of=20
3 cloud layers (see World Features (no <BR>&gt; direct link to sky but =
it's=20
towards the bottom) for more info<BR>&gt; water: while SL's water looks =
better=20
(with pixel-/vertex-shading ripple <BR>&gt; effects anyway), AW's water =
is far=20
more configurable (see World Features <BR>&gt; link above for more =
info)<BR>&gt;=20
I think AW and SL should just merge... <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64693.CAE85B40--

elyk

Mar 13, 2006, 10:24am
It doesn't help that you are posting replies in HTML either, Brenton..
knock it off.

[View Quote]

poseidon

Mar 13, 2006, 11:14am
I think that was the point... lol. =)

Poseidon

[View Quote]

elyk

Mar 13, 2006, 11:47am
*takes Pos's keyboard away* :P

[View Quote]

gnu32

Mar 13, 2006, 1:59pm
AW's feature set merging with SL's is a good idea somewhat. It's just
the horrifying thought of AW itself merging with SL. I would never pay
some stupid virtual currency for land or status.
[View Quote]

gnu32

Mar 13, 2006, 2:01pm
Oh and welcome back Eep

[View Quote]

e n z o

Mar 13, 2006, 2:09pm
Heh, a bizarre bastard child with a huge hole in it's wallet!

Drive on through!

Nice to have you back Eep

E N Z O

[View Quote]

syntax

Mar 13, 2006, 3:01pm
For some reason, it feels like 2001 all over again.. :D

[View Quote]

ltbrenton

Mar 13, 2006, 4:22pm
OMG ENZO

Aaaaaaand the million dollar question......when's 4.1? Also could you stop
the hosting for world "tourist"?

-Lt

[View Quote]

eep

Mar 13, 2006, 6:00pm
Yes, well, I copy-pasted the text from an SL forum post and didn't feel like editing it for ASCII. :P

[View Quote] Thankyou for beginnning to drag newsgroups kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

hehe, welcome back :)
makes AW sound better then SL that. guess for building and object modeling
it is though.

-SWE

why not? not really real money, since they give you some weekly. i think it
makes it slightly better that people aren't building these huge ugly ass
plots of land with nothing but water and 2 rocks.

-SWE

[View Quote]

deltaphc

Mar 13, 2006, 9:48pm
Actually, you need to pay a monthly fee of actual real dollars in order
to own land in Second Life.

And money in SL can be very real. There's a little thing they have
called LindeX where basically you can exchange L$ (the virtual currency)
with real $. SL has its own economy and everything. :P

So you could theoretically make a living off SL (and some people
probably do).

--
- DeltaPHC
Cit 355508

http://delta.digibase.ca

ya, i know, been there too, but what i'm saying is, it's only real money if
you look at it as so, well, except for the extra money for being allowed to
own bigger plots of land, but hey, don't build too large :)

just saying, that shouldn't be the one thing that puts you off of it.

-SWE

[View Quote]

hyper anthony

Mar 13, 2006, 9:57pm
Yeah, and thats why I like AW. Public Building Worlds are probably one
of the better successes of AW, and I know they've helped to keep more
than one person from bridging the gap. They help to represent a
population of people, for whatever reason, don't have the resources to
start a successful world, but can still contribute great successes to
the community through gathering resources in a Public Building World.

SW City is a great example of this. They come up with all kinds of
innovative builds and events, but if they had gathered in Second Life it
would have been much more expensive/difficult to create.

-Hyp

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Mar 13, 2006, 10:29pm
I beg your pardon. It was titled, "Study in water with 2 rocks"

; )

[View Quote]

elysium

Mar 14, 2006, 1:20am
well the softwares almost the same
[View Quote]

eep

Mar 14, 2006, 2:01am
[View Quote] Thanks.

> makes AW sound better then SL that. guess for building and object modeling it is though.

In some respects. AW is good that it allows external models but its in-world editing is VERY limited and primitive compared to SL's.
I've read rumors about SL eventually adding external model support but I don't see it on the horizon anytime soon. Primitives are
fine but VERY wasteful in terms of framerate: MANY hidden/covered sides/polys, can't specify # sides/polys so it's whatever your LOD
is set at which can easily bring SL to a crawl--especially with lights. I manage to knock out stuff MUCH faster in SL compared to
AW, however. There's a debate about parametric models (SL's primitives) vs. meshes ("static" models) I'm in at the LSL (Linden
Scripting Language) Wiki at http://secondlife.com/badgeo/wakka.php?wakka=ParametricDebate if anyone's interested (a bit hard to
follow though). Anyway, I just don't see why both types of models can't be in the same program.

Anyway, I'd rather model in-world than have to use an external modeller. I've read about some of the 3D modellers (not sure which)
are starting to add collaborative modelling. I don't know anything about it but it it means allowing multiple people to model
something in real-time, that's going to edge in on what AW/SL do. Expand that to entire 3D scenes and, well, there you go: new
competition. Granted, I doubt the 3D modelling apps (3DS Max, trueSpace, etc) will move to that, but there's no reason 3D game
level editors couldn't...but I've been saying this for years: http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/

Ah well. If it doesn't happen with AW or SL it'll happen with another program eventually. I hate not being able to use my years of
work in AW in SL but SL's modelling is easy enough I can knock out decent AW replicas quickly (they're really not that complex
anyway). Hell, I've made so much in SL already that puts my AW stuff to shame. I enjoyed my time in AW (for the most part) but AW
just hasn't been keeping up with technology and so I had to move on. It's too bad but that's life. I really don't see AW ever
catching up at this rate so I'm not getting my hopes up for it anymore (haven't for a while now).

It would be nice if SL had many of AW's features--and that's really the only way I see AW surviving at this point--but SL is decent
enough as it is to carry on the multiverse torch. I just hope it too doesn't stagnate the way AW has for FAR too long...

equin0x

Mar 14, 2006, 8:27am
Don't wait too long for a response. :)

[View Quote]

gnu32

Mar 14, 2006, 1:24pm
Oh you did not just say that..

lol! :)
and i loved it! :P

-SWE

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

Mar 14, 2006, 6:14pm
We did the math, it came to some ungodly number like over $1000 per month to
run the city for all the land we have.

-CMM

[View Quote]

rossyfox o

Mar 14, 2006, 11:52pm
I very much doubt that the more conservative elements of the AW
community would be able to get along with the people who inhabit SL.

Mainly the majority of the furries there.

[View Quote]

eep

Mar 15, 2006, 1:11am
The furries are mostly harmless in SL but there are some that go the "yif" (sex) route, much like the Gor do in AW (which are also
present in SL), but SL is hardly just, or even mostly, about furries and/or Gor anyway. AW has conservative elements? That's
funny...it's always seemed pretty liberal to me.

ya, I don't get that, people get turned on by having virtual "sex", or, in
actuality, watching 2, virtual characters, have sex? strange that. I mean,
I'll admit, some of the female avatars there look kinda realistic, and would
be hot, but they sure as hell don't turn me on O_O.
But ya, if people have a problem with having Gors/virtual fornicators then
they just need not mix with them, and if thats a problem for them, then
screw them, they can either live with it, or leave. People need not change
because of other people, especially if they do it in private.

-SWE

[View Quote]

talisan

Mar 15, 2006, 2:38am
When I was in the community, I could never understand it either. I think its
a mental imagery thing. There was never anything in that community that I
ever found to be a .... turn on. Only some of the philosophy made sense and
that I agreed with. nuff said.

legion

Mar 15, 2006, 12:07pm
<sarcasm>

Never, EVER, insults conservatives... I'm a conservative Democrat back
here and I never take any insults toward conservatives kindly. I would,
however, appreciate any of that toward liberals. ;)

</sarcasm>

[View Quote] --
Respectfully Yours,
Legion
Chief Executive Officer and President of Operations
Circle of Peace Inc. Management

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the
problem." - Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States
(1981-1989)