Strange email from Linn (Community)

Strange email from Linn // Community

1  |

starheart

Feb 8, 2006, 1:48pm
I got an email from Linn that also inludes a lot of familiar names of AW
cits. in the list

From: larry shough [mailto:shough at wf.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:19 AM
To: lb ainsworth
Subject: Fw: Don't buy Pepsi in the new can

-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:02 AM
Subject: Fwd: Don't buy Pepsi in the new can

Note: forwarded message attached.

the attachment does not show an extension, when you browse over it, there is
not enough space

to see what it. if it is an exetutable, so I am going to assume it is a
virus. So if anyone else that receives it can figure it out without

being infected by opening it, let me know. Mine is going in the trash.

rossyfox o

Feb 8, 2006, 2:59pm
"Don't buy Pepsi in the new can" is a chain email, circulating a certain
urban legend:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

The email simply says "forwarded message attached". While many
self-perpetuating viruses do disguise themselves as forwarded message
attachments, it's entirely possible that it's simply a message forwarded
as an attachment.

(As for the urban legend concerned, I think it's silly to get so worked
up about something that was ADDED to the Pledge of Allegience in 1954
for reasons that had more to do with anti-communist sentiments than
religion. Were I a high school student in the United States of America,
I would very much refuse to even stand at the pledge.)

[View Quote]

linn

Feb 9, 2006, 3:07am
thanks a lot Star anyone who knows me knows i dont send viruses this
is soooo beneath you!!!!! i thought

[View Quote]

starheart

Feb 9, 2006, 3:15am
well I don't read or send on chain letter, to me they are spam and go in the
trash

[View Quote]

linn

Feb 9, 2006, 3:18am
you didn't say one word about spam so don't try to cover up what you did!!

[View Quote]

lady murasaki

Feb 9, 2006, 3:46am
The nasty thing about viruses is that they can send themselves out of an
infected computer using the names and addresses from the address book. I
would guess that is exactly what occured here. It's used your good name and
many other citizens to keep spreading itself.

Thanks for the head up on this Starheart. We can all be more aware of this
potential virus.

[View Quote]

linn

Feb 9, 2006, 9:25am
you ppl assume so much that isn't so sheeshhh
SH just don't talk to me i don't need "friends" like you!!

[View Quote]

lady murasaki

Feb 9, 2006, 10:28am
My assumption is that nothing ever came from you or your computer, but
another persons who has your email addy in their address book and is
infected with a virus.

No one is attacking you here! Why the hostility?

[View Quote]

bro

Feb 9, 2006, 11:28am
Most likley not a vius but it sure is human spam and waste of bandwith .
urbanlegends.about.com/library/blpepsi-can.htm

99.99999% of email spreading viruses send by themselves, hence why they are
viruses.

- MR

[View Quote]

linn

Feb 9, 2006, 5:44pm
all you ppl for whom this is none of your business can stop with the
insulting grams in AW now thanks

[View Quote]

starheart

Feb 9, 2006, 7:05pm
Please ENZO delete this thread

[View Quote]

ciena

Feb 9, 2006, 7:32pm
lmao!! hahahaha thats what happens when u play with snakes star :)
[View Quote]

legion

Feb 9, 2006, 9:23pm
Um, why the hell are folks sending you insulting telegrams about pointless
crap? People, what the hell are you up to? Don't make this shit more worse,
okay?

At any rate, at first glance of the original posting in this thread prior to
any replies made to it by any other folks, I knew it wasn't linn who would
have done this on intent.

In fact, linn is a highly respected and prominent citizen who is very
trusted and honest. There is absolutely no way, and not even conceivable,
that she has done it on purpose. Therefore, I have already reached at
conclusion as much as other certain folks have arrived at that this is
nothing but simply a chain mail or whatever that are devised by malicious,
immature folks seeking to enjoy their satisification in seeing damages being
done to people not just in causing false alarms about its being virus but
also creating distrubance in the society, as well evident by the
circumstances surrounding the controvestories following the creation of this
particular thread without the victim's knowledge. Linn is not so unlike
others whom have been affected by this... she is latest victim.. and so are
you folks whose rushes to judgement is uncalled for...

We should not allow those stupid people to take advantage of us. I am
saddened to see that people, suddenly unnecessarily concerned and angry or
in any forms, sends such insulting grams to linn as stated in her earlier
posting in which I am replying to. This certainly reminds me of my earlier
conversation with my former boss (assuming that he is giving up the county
or something like that) in which he mentioned that humans are simply animals
that have such tendencies to bickers and violently reacts and whatsoever
even though people think we can change but the such violent and tempered
nature of humanity is not so unlike to that of animals, in which we can see
we are all Romans at heart (in reference to Romans' such unusual love of
violent sports).

It's quite sad... it's not unusual for any humans to simply rushes to
judgement without even investigating or at least reviewing the circumstances
further.

:/

--
Respectfully Yours,
Legion

syntax

Feb 9, 2006, 10:00pm
I nominate every reply to this thread for the "Blown out of proportion"
award of the year. :D