HTML help, plz (Community)

HTML help, plz // Community

1  |

tart sugar

Dec 16, 2005, 4:09pm
Can somebody plz tell me what is the command to post before and after a url
that I want ppl to be able to click on to view???
{It's for a homepage.} ty VERY much.

andras

Dec 16, 2005, 4:29pm
[View Quote] > Can somebody plz tell me what is the command to post before and after a url
> that I want ppl to be able to click on to view???
> {It's for a homepage.} ty VERY much.

activate url you.page.com

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

ltbrenton

Dec 16, 2005, 4:33pm
um, actually in HTML it's:

[View Quote]

andras

Dec 16, 2005, 4:55pm
[View Quote] > um, actually in HTML it's:

ops - you are right :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

tart sugar

Dec 16, 2005, 6:05pm
TY, everybody, for all the tips.
(Here and in email replies.)

I got it!!!

[View Quote]

dabean

Dec 16, 2005, 9:52pm
Furthermore, Fun With Links! You can change the color of a specific
link by adding a <font> tag in the link: eg:
here</font></a>

As well, you can remove the underline from your links by adding this
text in the page head after title.

<!--
a {text-decoration: none}
-->
</head>

Bean.

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Dec 16, 2005, 10:05pm
HUH??? o_O

I think I need an HTML for Dummies book.
: )

[View Quote]

l3d

Dec 17, 2005, 10:50am
Why are you using old HTML code, and the much better CSS code both in
one piece of code?
Please use CSS, and for the color (and the underline) use this
a { color: #336699;
text-decoration: none; }

A good tutorial which helped me was www.w3schools.com

DaBean schreef:
> Furthermore, Fun With Links! You can change the color of a specific
> link by adding a <font> tag in the link: eg:
> here</font></a>
>
> As well, you can remove the underline from your links by adding this
> text in the page head after title.

> <!--
> a {text-decoration: none}
> -->
> </head>
>

> Bean.

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Dec 17, 2005, 11:37am
ty so much for that tip, but I am *thisclose* to being a total "puter
illiterate".
I'm lucky I can access this NG. LOL

I do appreciate the help, though, L3D. ty again. : )