Terrain texturing warning! // Sdk

1  |

andras

Jun 3, 2002, 5:03pm
Be careful with texture settings in the SDK or in the elevdump file! If you set it to 63 (or any rotates of it) will crash the browser immediatelly.

Andras

milesteg

Jun 3, 2002, 5:25pm
Hi Andas :)
After reading the url about how texture ,orientation and hole are all saved
in one byte, you can easily see that 'texture63' bits are used to indicate a
hole if orientation bytes are both set to 1. I guess Roland forgot to reduce
the check limit to 63 textures ( 0 to 62 ) after he implemented the hole
feature ;)
more info here :
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/AW_TERRAIN_NODE_TEXTURES.htm

Regards,
MilesTeg

"andras" <andras at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3CFBB920.73754304 at andras.net...
> Be careful with texture settings in the SDK or in the elevdump file! If
you set it to 63 (or any rotates of it) will crash the browser immediatelly.

> Andras

carlbanks

Jun 3, 2002, 6:32pm
Texture 63 crashes browser. AHHHHHHHH

[View Quote]

andras

Jun 3, 2002, 9:48pm
Actually texture 62 with rotate 90 degrees stands for the hole. Try it :)
Andras

[View Quote]

milesteg

Jun 4, 2002, 8:13am
ah! yes! hehe I just tried , it is weird ;)
I guess they do a check on 254 value where it should be a 255 value :)

3CFBFBDB.6554C75F at andras.net...
> Actually texture 62 with rotate 90 degrees stands for the hole. Try it :)
> Andras

"carlbanks" <Virtualcarlbanks at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3cfbd263$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com: