aw_user_data // Sdk

1  |

chazrad

Jun 2, 2002, 4:05pm
I checked and rechecked, but sometimes aw will return a spurious pointer in
AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD to the aw_user_data request especially in an empty
world. unfortunately this does not happen consequently but it is something
to look out for. my workaround is to check the pointer address for a valid
range, since ( at least what i noticed) it useally returns a ridiculous
address.

milesteg

Jun 3, 2002, 9:52am
Hi chazrad,
I m using aw_usr_data in every event and callback handler but i never
encountered this problem so far...
If it happens , i will tell you.

Regards,
MilesTeg

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3cfa5e83 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I checked and rechecked, but sometimes aw will return a spurious pointer
in
> AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD to the aw_user_data request especially in an empty
> world. unfortunately this does not happen consequently but it is something
> to look out for. my workaround is to check the pointer address for a valid
> range, since ( at least what i noticed) it useally returns a ridiculous
> address.

chazrad

Jun 4, 2002, 5:37am
Hi Miles,

Yes, it only happened 3 times so far out of the uncountable times it was
triggered. I enter an empty world avatar_add get's triggered spuriously
with (ofcourse) nonsense as data....i can't think of a program error that
generates avatar add events itself?

Regards Chaz

"milesteg" <MilesTeg at nerim.net> wrote in
news:3cfb5894$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi chazrad,
> I m using aw_usr_data in every event and callback handler but i never
> encountered this problem so far...
> If it happens , i will tell you.
>
> Regards,
> MilesTeg

grimble

Jun 5, 2002, 8:08am
I'm getting the complete opposite when I enter a world in Global Mode. The
avatars that are already in the world are not reported when the bot starts,
unlike when aw_state_change is issued. When a new avatar DOES enter the
world, that is when events are received for all the avatars. Bizarre.

Grims