Alpha World OP is gone (Community)

Alpha World OP is gone // Community

1  |

ferruccio

Sep 26, 2004, 3:01am
objects.activeworlds.com/aw

click the link.. at the time this was posted, I no longer got an
"authorization required" message, but simply a 404.

ryan

Sep 26, 2004, 3:12am
Yep, completely vanished. I've had to change AWNewbie's OP. I would
suggest not deleting your cache!

Ryan

[View Quote]

duskbat

Sep 26, 2004, 3:41am
dead in the water

[View Quote]

duskbat

Sep 26, 2004, 3:43am
guess i will spend an hour or 2 in t h e r e d o t c o m

[View Quote] > dead in the water

[View Quote]

king small guy

Sep 26, 2004, 9:44am
http://objects.activeworlds.com/flagg/textures/awschool.jpg is a picture at
GZ in AlphaWorld which doesnt load but
http://www.activeworlds.com/signs/afcontest.jpg does. By using my brain it
seems http://objects.activeworlds.com is down?

--
Ksg Ind

Thats correct according to my quick scan.

http://objects.activeworlds.com/aw/
http://objects.activeworlds.com/mars/
http://objects.activeworlds.com/awgate3/
http://objects.activeworlds.com/newbuild/

All down, zero zero reply.

- MR

[View Quote]

vera

Sep 26, 2004, 1:21pm
I was trying to upgrade (AGAIN) yesterday and the downloads are gone
from the webpage again:((((( RAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyy help please:((((((

[View Quote] > objects.activeworlds.com/aw

> click the link.. at the time this was posted, I no longer got an
> "authorization required" message, but simply a 404.

jaguar hahn

Sep 26, 2004, 1:53pm
The monkeys monitoring the servers at AWI HQ have gone mad!!

Jaguar

[View Quote]

77 nunyabussines.com

Sep 26, 2004, 7:06pm
the mars link is up anyway
[View Quote]

ryan

Sep 26, 2004, 7:09pm
Seems like it's back up now. I wonder what happened?

Ryan

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Sep 26, 2004, 7:13pm
I heard there was a meteor shower in AW...not sure tho:)

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 26, 2004, 8:49pm
oh i heard e n z o was 'pretending' to be 'irish', got drunk off his bum,
and peed on the servers...

oh well just like the number of licks to the center of a tootsie pop, we may
never know.
[View Quote]

jstone2004

Sep 27, 2004, 11:33am
Weird part about it, is that some of the stuff I can pull up via the web,
like http://objects.activeworlds.com/aw/textures/rock2.jpg, so I don't
think it's completely down... but something is definately screwy, has
anyone called them yet?

On 26 Sep 2004 09:11:50 -0400, strike rapier
[View Quote] > Thats correct according to my quick scan.

> http://objects.activeworlds.com/aw/
> http://objects.activeworlds.com/mars/
> http://objects.activeworlds.com/awgate3/
> http://objects.activeworlds.com/newbuild/
>
> All down, zero zero reply.
>
> - MR

According to chris they installed a new server and there was an actual HTTP
server error, probably why we were getting zero length replies etc.

Should be fixed now i think?

- MR

[View Quote]

e n z o

Sep 27, 2004, 12:58pm
"That's what I'm trying to tell you, kid. It ain't there it's been totally
blown away."

Han Solo

[View Quote]

e n z o

Sep 27, 2004, 12:59pm
"Destroyed. By the Empire!"

OBK

*Gasp*

Perhaps you need a fleet of ships protecting your servers when you upgrade
to your 4.0 security!

- MR

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Sep 27, 2004, 5:38pm
GEEK! :-P

-Meik Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote]

e n z o

Sep 27, 2004, 5:53pm
yep

:P

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Sep 27, 2004, 7:00pm
Don't worry, I got the trilogy on DVD also ;-)

-Meik Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote]

c p

Sep 27, 2004, 7:18pm
e n z o(luke) I am your father!

or for those geeks out there

the original line was (because this twist was top secret);

"Obiwan killed your father"

now whos the geek, oh also return ofthe Jedi's original name wasRevenge of
the Jedi, but jedis dont take revenge...so lucas renamed it, and saved the
revenge title for episode 3 (omgosh i am gonna wait in line a mont hbefore
it comes out in hollywood)
[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Sep 27, 2004, 8:46pm
My "virtual AW Army" can provide ships ENZO...

LOL

Jaguar

[View Quote]

the j0k3r ss

Sep 27, 2004, 10:17pm
actually , it was called return of the jedi , then revenge , and then 3
weeks before it got out return of the jedi again

"c p" <Chris101d at comcast.net> schreef in bericht
news:4158839c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> e n z o(luke) I am your father!
>
> or for those geeks out there
>
> the original line was (because this twist was top secret);
>
> "Obiwan killed your father"
>
> now whos the geek, oh also return ofthe Jedi's original name wasRevenge of
> the Jedi, but jedis dont take revenge...so lucas renamed it, and saved the
> revenge title for episode 3 (omgosh i am gonna wait in line a mont hbefore
> it comes out in hollywood)
[View Quote]

c p

Sep 28, 2004, 12:24am
i know....thats why original revenge posters are like thousands of bucks if
you sell um to geeks
[View Quote]

e n z o

Sep 28, 2004, 12:28pm
"It'd take a thousand ships with more fire power than I've..."

Han Solo