No media in AlphaWorld??? (Community)

No media in AlphaWorld??? // Community

1  |

lady nighthawk

Aug 15, 2004, 7:52pm
Why is Disable "create url" and "create media" checked in aw's world /
features / options? Can you at least allow clickable media (not streaming,
always on stuff ... that I can understand why no)? Or is it that some might
abuse this?

LNH

--

tony m

Aug 15, 2004, 8:10pm
Only "create url" and "create media" are disabled. "activate url" and "activate media" still work.

Disable create media / create url's means that you can not use them on the
create tag. Therefore they will not start playing / change your browser to
that URL / stream as soon as you go within range of them. Activate and Bump
media is not effective by that world option.

- MR

lady nighthawk

Aug 16, 2004, 4:24am
I tried activate media, it didn't work :o/

LNH

rossyboy

Aug 16, 2004, 1:40pm
You must be implementing the command wrongly. There's no way to block
activate media. Only create media.

[View Quote]

mauz

Aug 16, 2004, 1:51pm
[View Quote] Something like
activate media url=http://so-net-tv.stream.ne.jp/so-net-tv
or what? Because that worked for me in Alpha.
Make sure your Disable media URLs isn't checked
at Options - Settings - Downloads.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

chrispeg

Aug 16, 2004, 3:55pm
Thanks Mauz,

LNH, have a look at some demo media-signs at AlphaWorld 32743N 15000E also.

Chris

"mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4120d7e8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Aug 16, 2004, 7:15pm
I did LOL, I tried both as a starter to a birthday gift but neither worked,
one even said I don't have the authority to use a z command object. I did
something else for the b'day build so it's no crisis, and all media commands
work fine in my world ... just wouldn't work for me in alpha (as copied from
both medias at aw gz).

LNH

Z Objects = Special Objects, you dont have special object rights. Only AWLD
and one or 2 others do.

- MR

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Aug 16, 2004, 9:55pm
Try putting x instead of z.

[View Quote]

linn

Aug 17, 2004, 11:54am
remember you have to be close to it before it will d/l ?

[View Quote]

mauz

Aug 17, 2004, 12:26pm
[View Quote] Yeah I put a media command from AW GZ
on xsign.rwx and it worked fine.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

pc hamster

Aug 22, 2004, 5:41am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I think I've got the other videos Pineriver did on my website (see sig
below). If I do, I'll set up a media demo center somewhere around where I'm
planning to build the corporate headquarters of Virtual Cable Inc. (my cable
company which BTW you can feel free to set up regional offices in your city,
town or world [Corporate HQ will also serve as Virtual Cable Hamsterville or
VCI Hamsterville] :-)).

I think I'll also set up another media demo post near Hamsterville's new
Ground Zero area as well (I extended the city's East side to accomondate
more building by me and others and also slightly moved the city's far north
side as well). :-)

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

P.S. BTW Chris....If those are your JPEG images in that row of TVs off in
the distance, they're all broken. JFYI. :-)

pc hamster

Aug 22, 2004, 6:09am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] UPDATE: I just checked and I *do* have them!! (I was concerned that this
wouldn't be the case *whew!*)

As such, I'll be setting up a makeshift media demo build of my own on
AlphaWorld at 4894N 820E sometime tomorrow (it's too late to do it night.
I'm tired). Once I get it up and running, I'll fire off a followup post.
Of course, you can always drop by and check anytime. :-)

> PC Hamster
> Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
> pchamster at comcast.net
> Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
> http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

lady nighthawk

Aug 22, 2004, 7:21pm
Nice job on the demo area and thank you ... seems I must have done something
wrong. Although I did just copy/paste from aw's GZ signs (and yes I did
change the sign since z didn't work). Anyway I did a different build for
this person's b'day but will try that again at a future build. Hugzzz

LNH

ciena

Aug 22, 2004, 8:18pm
chanel 6 is sick!
[View Quote]

pc hamster

Aug 22, 2004, 9:16pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] As per my announcement last night, I have built a makeshift media demo site
on the NW corner of South Beechwood Boulevard & East Archuletta Street,
which is 4900N 819E. You should be able to see the viewer and the buttons
from the corner, which I though was important since I'm also now planning to
add video to my Drive-In Theater (thanks to the Internet Archive Open Source
Feature Films section :-)) as soon as an encoder for Windows Media 10 is
released. :-)

I have all but AW1 linked (I don't know if I even have a working one on my
site, though I'll poke around).

Feel free to point to them in your demos, but gram me if you'd like the
source stored on your own site (I'll be building in the area anyways :-)).
We don't need to make it hard on Tripod to allow me to keep them on their
servers. :-)

If I can find a working version of AW1 on my site, I'll add it. But if I
don't have one, at least you'll have the others to work with. :-)

Cheers for now

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

pc hamster

Aug 23, 2004, 1:09am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] That ain't my build Ciena, but not only is channel 6 sick Chris, it's also
an AVI file instead of a WMV. As such, it DOES NOT play in the vewer.
JFYI. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

lady nighthawk

Aug 23, 2004, 7:46pm
WOW! I made it to that one also LOL. Very, very kewl PC! I would LOVE to a
demo like that for my world Aeon ... that would soooooooooo rock! LOL Great
job!!!

LNH

pc hamster

Aug 23, 2004, 9:41pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] It gets even better now because I'm encoding a few flicks for my Drive-In
Theater into Windows Media even as you read this (or at least as I type
this! :-)).

The Theater itself is already built (Has been for the last couple of years).
All I need to do is change the X-Object used for the screen and add buttons
on the sidepoles where the speaker would go in a reg'lar Drive-In back in
the day. :-)

If I'm successful with the flicks, it'll be among the first
multimedia-enhanced builds on all of AlphaWorld (if not THE first one ON ALL
OF ACTIVEWORLDS :-)). Either way you look at it, this would be quite an
achievement. :-)

lady nighthawk

Aug 24, 2004, 12:35am
You can come to my world and make a demo video LOL ... that would be kewl
for my amphitheater here (although having one *would rate GZ*). I've
collected several movie clips that are way funny, you can telepor to the
amphitheater here ...

Aeon 8.50S 23.92W 0.00a 90

Set yer vis to 60 immediately on enter, before d/l begins ... Aeon is an
intensely built world for just a P30 LOL

LNH

pc hamster

Aug 24, 2004, 3:13am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Erm....No....No....No. That isn't what I have in mind.

You see, the Internet Archive has a Feature Films section that has a WHOLE
BUNCH of flicks from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s that are PUBLIC DOMAIN which
I plan to use.

I did find a way of encoding them into Windows Media format using a 3rd
Party video editing utility (I have Windows Media Player Beta 10 and the
runtime environment thereof which makes the Windows Media Encoder program
practically useless), but I've run into a new problem.

The X Object used for the screen.

Isn't there anything BIGGER & TALLER than xaw7 or xaw23 that's a screen?
Seriously, xaw7 and its predecessor, xaw23 BOTH look INCREDIBLY small (In
fact, they're almost TINY) in my Drive-In Theater at 4900N 232E. I tried
xaw24 but that's only a frame (but it's big enough).

Some suggestions in this area would be most useful. :-)

pc hamster

Aug 24, 2004, 3:58am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] UPDATE: I'm now using an xaw2.rwx for the screen. while it's not quite as
tall as the 9 xaw23 objects I had up before, it's just as wide (give or take
an inch or two).

Continuing to work on the movie flicks. :-)

lady nighthawk

Aug 24, 2004, 11:10am
No no no ... I want ya to do a demo for my world LOL

LNH

pc hamster

Aug 24, 2004, 8:09pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Why should I do something which YOU could just as easily DO YOURSELF
(Especially with YOUR movie clip collection)???

As for the AW videos I have on my site (which were produced by Pineriver
BTW), you're perfectly welcome to have your button objects point to them OR
if you'd like them to be stored on your site instead, I can send them to in
a series of emails addressed to a box that allows attachments.

But really....WHY should *I* do something which you can just as easily DO
YOURSELF??? It only took me 15-20 minutes to set up that makeshift demo
site. And once I find storage space for my movies (at least the ones I'll
be featuring), it'll probably take me just as long (IF even that) to add
videos (and ultimately FINISH OFF) the Drive-In Theater since I already
built the other stuff back in 2002. :-)

lightwave

Aug 25, 2004, 3:47pm
I have been converting some of my Anime Music Videos to .wmv
you can see them in 'AFantasy' world 6S 0W, i liked the buttons chrispeg
made
and build mine simular :) i found converting to WMV8 100kbps makes a small
file
with good video.
-Lightwave

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Sep 2, 2004, 7:27am
I already have an amphitheater set up, wasn't asking you to do that. I was
asking to have a video demo made for aeon world which I now see you had said
Pineriver did so I will ask him. A friend of mine does films for real and is
interested in learning how to do this as well so I'll catch Pine on his next
visit. Thanks...

LNH