G rated areas and Nicks. (Community)

G rated areas and Nicks. // Community

1  2  |

hurdy gurdy man

Jun 19, 2004, 11:32am
Hullo!
While non g rated names are being booted in G rated places, some people with
X rated names can stay.
While a nick name "liked to e spanked" wont work in the gate the Ds and Gor
freaks with their special nicks have a go.
I think that nicks like those will be considered X rated.

Iggy.

but i love to be spanked! O_O

-SWE

[View Quote]

hurdy gurdy man

Jun 19, 2004, 12:12pm
But I like not to know you like to be spanked
That's why I posted it in the first place...

On 19/6/04 4:56 pm, in article 40d445f8 at server1.Activeworlds.com, "swe"
[View Quote] > but i love to be spanked! O_O

> -SWE

but i'd like for you to know i like being spanked, that's why i posted in
second place. Does it, turn you on? ;)
Well if it does, sorry, i'm more on the striaght side of things, but thanx
for the offer.

-SWE

[View Quote]

bearblue

Jun 19, 2004, 12:37pm
I have to say that, in this case, I do agree with Hurdy Gurdy Man. While we
can stretch the limits of "G" on worlds - it's a bad start if the nicks
"violate," the principle of those ratings in the first place.

The problem we arise at, of course, is free expression. Perhaps there might
be a way to set up an "instant" nick, which simplifies the nick to the first
letters, for those with more... suggestive... nicks. Or, as in other,
chats/blogs it might be socially appropriate to point out to someone with a
non-g rated nick that it would be considerate to change it for the duration
of being on the "G" world.

Or, we need to up all the world ratings to PG. It's a thought.

Katrina aka Bearblue

[View Quote] > While non g rated names are being booted in G rated places, some people
with X rated names can stay.

While a nick name "liked to e spanked" wont work in the gate the Ds and Gor
freaks with their special nicks have a go.

I think that nicks like those will be considered X rated.

> Iggy.

linn

Jun 19, 2004, 1:49pm
just my opinion but maybe we could do away with all that GOR stuff that's
against the law anyway :-)

bearblue

Jun 19, 2004, 2:34pm
I have nothing personal against the Gor Worlds or Adult Play worlds. If they
pay for 'em they should be able to do what they want in 'em. That is, after
all, one of the priveleges of owning a world.

I just think that there should be some sensitivity when *outside* of those
realms.

rossyboy

Jun 19, 2004, 5:08pm
Ah the problem is that forced name change is part of the master/slave
relationship that they hold.

[View Quote]

linn

Jun 19, 2004, 5:32pm
yes and its that relationship that spills over into real life (btw slavery
is not a part of our culture now) and causes hurtful things to happen to
ppl and families even death it on the news at times why would anyone
condone slavery and murder? AW can YOU answer that?

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jun 19, 2004, 7:31pm
That's like saying FPS games makes killers out of people. There are RPGs
where people "kill" other people in AW. Is killing worse than slavery?

linn

Jun 19, 2004, 10:32pm
don't put words in my mouth

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Jun 20, 2004, 12:46am
RPGs are totally different than Gor worlds/Real Life. I own, manage, host,
and are in a lot of RPGs. It shouldnt reflect what do you do in real life or
anything O_o and no its not worse than slavery. You are basically saying
games like Halo where you kill people are worse than Gor Worlds in AW.

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 20, 2004, 3:12am
Do you have proof that people that practice Gor online act exactly like
that in real life? How can you tell what stays online or not, and if it
spills over into real life?

Just because a *few* people that practiced Gor did some unsavory things
in the past doesn't mean that *everyone* that practices Gor should be
cast in a bad light.

Here are some options for you, Linn, since you seem to be racist against
Gors:

1) Don't enter any Gor worlds and ignore them if you come across them
while in AW.

2) Contact AWI and make your voice heard and maybe you could get them to
reconsider their policies about Gor-like content in AW.

3) Buy your own galaxy/uni and make it 100% Gor free.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > yes and its that relationship that spills over into real life (btw slavery
> is not a part of our culture now) and causes hurtful things to happen to
> ppl and families even death it on the news at times why would anyone
> condone slavery and murder? AW can YOU answer that?

builderz

Jun 20, 2004, 3:18am
Couldn't AWI just take the "dirty words" from the bot at the Gate (the
ones that'll get you ejected) and run it through a filter so it applies
to usernames as well?

Or better yet, allow users to make or edit their own "naughty words and
names" file that they could use within the browser. People that are
easily offended could enable it and any of the words or phrases that
appear on the screen that are in the "naughty file" would be masked out
(****).

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

because, when there are like, 30 gor worlds, each paying $100 each for thier
worlds, and then another 300 gors, each pay $70 each for thier cits, you
don't just kick them out :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

commander sisko sisko

Jun 20, 2004, 10:19am
Don't you american start teaching us about whats bad and what not, you are
the worst criminals on the face of earth, killing off the entire indian race
and enslaving the blacks, you are a nation of barbarics, nothing more.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jun 20, 2004, 10:30am
Of course there are hard core role players who extend their play into RL,
not only goreans but others also. Some with a weak mind can of course at
some point be confused what is real and what is fantasy.

The majority of role players play though their role online (or when gather
together) , and when closing their PC ( going home) they are like anyone of
us, you and me.

It is a bit same when you go to a theatre or movie, you get a way from your
boring everyday life for a while.

Then to slavery and murder. I better not say so much here because then you
will call me anti-US again ;-)

There are still slaves in the world, a lot in poor countries in the east for
example. There it is quite common that young girls are sold to be slaves,
often for sexual and /or domestical use. I guess the western world has not
been so interested in "freeing " these people , maybe because they do not
got oil?
Many girls/young women from former eastern states are tricked into a western
country. They are told they can have a job. An apartment is given to them
and the passport is tricken away from them. then they are told they own a
lot of money for the apartment ( rent can be something like 5000$/month),
and that they have to pay it before they can get their passport back. They
are are more or less forced/tricked into prostitution.
Similar tings can be found all over the world in various forms.

The comment on killing and torture and why someone would support I will not
even get into here to avoid a flame war.

Drac

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40d494da at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> yes and its that relationship that spills over into real life (btw
slavery
> is not a part of our culture now) and causes hurtful things to happen to
> ppl and families even death it on the news at times why would
anyone
> condone slavery and murder? AW can YOU answer that?

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Jun 20, 2004, 10:40am
No country has a perfect record, Might as well call all German people
barbaric if used in this context for attempting to eradicate the Jews and
many other races. Look into History and all have something to be ashamed of.
This includes my own place of abode. There are many acts of disregard for
human rights today conducted in the name of many counties and there leaders.

The people of such countries can only use their vote to oust bad leaders and
learn.

If anyone has objections to any countries acts the simple way is to not buy
or support that countries products and services as in the end the taxes paid
go to support the actions conducted that people disagree with. And there is
the double standard, its ok to use the products that support the actions,
but are not prepared to stop using products as it interferes with their own
pleasure.

Interesting!

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jun 20, 2004, 10:44am
One problem with this is of course that AW is a place where citizen comes
from different nations and cultures.
A word that might sound perfectly ok in your own language can be the worst
insult in another.

Goreans find it somehow funny that my second name in rl is Jarl for example.

"hurdy gurdy man" <arnoldlayne2005 at hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:BCFA1938.12F%arnoldlayne2005 at hotmail.com...
> Hullo!
> While non g rated names are being booted in G rated places, some people
with
> X rated names can stay.
> While a nick name "liked to e spanked" wont work in the gate the Ds and
Gor
> freaks with their special nicks have a go.
> I think that nicks like those will be considered X rated.
>
> Iggy.

and the jews for killing jebus! why jebus!

-SWE

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Jun 20, 2004, 7:32pm
Sisko you can fuck off. We can't help what our leaders do, all we can do is
vote against it. I'm sick of people telling me how bad our country is.

Jaguar Hahn

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jun 20, 2004, 8:21pm
"spills over into real life"

No, if women (or men!) want a BDSM relationship they go out and find it.
They have the FREEDOM to do that.

Oh and how many more times will I have to say this? GOREANS ARE NOT
INTERESTED IN CHILDREN.

I'll say it again. GOREANS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN CHILDREN.

Once more for good measure. GOREANS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR DAMN
KIDS!!!!!!

Thankyou.

[View Quote] > yes and its that relationship that spills over into real life (btw slavery
> is not a part of our culture now) and causes hurtful things to happen to
> ppl and families even death it on the news at times why would anyone
> condone slavery and murder? AW can YOU answer that?

[View Quote]

bearblue

Jun 20, 2004, 11:27pm
[View Quote] I should let this pass. I really should.

But this entire statement is ignorant of historical *fact.* And I'd hate
for someone in the future to come across this broad slash of impromptu
rewriting, without some correction. *waves at google searchers to come*

Since I happen to know, personally, several native americans it is not
possible that the whole native american race has been killed off. Not
possible. I also know that there are more than a few paltry tribes in
existence. You can check the BIA for more info:
http://www.doi.gov/bureau-indian-affairs.html

If by your incredibly broad statement you mean the immigrants, *from all
over the world* who came to the American West to settle, pushed the Native
American people into reservations and off their own land with the
government's permission - Yes. That was pretty heinous. But that was also in
the 1800s. And it was a common experience for many indiginous people
throughout history *from the beginning* and not limited to American
experience. It can be honestly said, also, that the people of the times did
not *know* any better - for a variety of reasons. Ignorance is ignorance.

Also, historically speaking, slavery was an import into the country (and
that importation still happens in other countries where slavery is *still*
semi-legal. It is not limited to black american experience:
http://www.antislavery.org/) - and Americans spent lives *freeing* the
slaves of this country. The whole country can not be painted with a "You're
just awful" brush for that fact alone. Historically, this was also in the
1800s.
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/OakViewES/harris/97-98/america/civil-war/index.html

I offer the opinion that it might be more useful to look at modern times, if
we're going to offer wholesale critiques of countries, since people and
places change - though historical influences may be important to a
discussion.

Katrina aka Bearblue

bearblue

You know, this is a really good idea. It leaves the power in the hands of
the citizens. It's why I like the "MUTE" option too. Those individuals who
"offend," don't have to be listened to.

The hazard, of course, is that you lose the ability to communicate with each
other. And that can cause a different kind of conflict.

Katrina aka Bearblue

bearblue

Jun 20, 2004, 11:36pm
You know it wasn't until I saw family guy a couple of nights ago, that I
ever got that reference. Guy reading a cheaply published books: "Why is
Jesus spelled Jebus?"

*laughs*

Terrible. But funny.

bearblue

Jun 21, 2004, 12:07am
[View Quote] And I have to offer the opinion that it is, in fact, *good* for the people
who are into an alternative scene to have safe places to go. Adults should
have the right to mingle in adult ways when on Adult themed worlds.

It's just people need to remember to switch their Cit Names during
transitions to G/PG rated worlds as a courtesy to the other Adults who may
be playing/building/conversing in a G or PG way. Even if, during play on a
BDSM/GOR world they have made a commitment *not* to change the name, that
should only apply -on- the GOR/BDSM world. It does not apply to any other
world, and a dominant/equal has an obligation to share that information with
the person whose name has been changed to spare social grief (and arguments
like this one).

I could go into the thematic reasons why this should be anyway, given the
historical meanings of name changes, but that's a whole 'nother ball o' wax.

Katrina aka Bearblue

.sharon

Jun 21, 2004, 12:28am
BRAVO Katrina !

lol, i actually got it from the simpsoms, when homer tells the tv network he
would pay the $10,000 to keep the channel, then when all the
characters(elmo, and big bird, etc) come, he says he was just kidding and
they all chase him.
along with: " SANCTUAARRY! SANT-U-ARRYYY!"

"JEBBUSS! why jebus? why me jebus?"

-SWE

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jun 21, 2004, 2:01pm
You people can't seem to understand that this is more than an RPG to
them can you?

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jun 21, 2004, 2:02pm
Yes bravo for standing up against this one isolated example of a crazy
unfair verbal attack involving insults towards the US.

[View Quote] > BRAVO Katrina !