money (Community)

money // Community

1  ...  2  3  4  5  |

count dracula

Jun 27, 2004, 10:48am
What the F*** are you talking about now ?

If you are talking about who I think you are, I can tell you I have not
talken to her in months either. I think last around Christmas as a matter of
fact.
Linn, if you are going to accuse me of all friends you lose/have lost,
please check first if I know them, ok?

It is EXTREMELY rude to say I have caused someone to lose her/his job, lost
friends, lost contact to child.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe YOU caused it ?
Did you even ever consider that if she has changed, it might have nothing to
do with EITHER of us ?

If I would be a rude person I would tell you to go fuck yourself now, but
since I am nice. I can only say I am deeply hurt for such accusation.

Drac
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40dafcd2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> im not and have never bashed anyone Drac you need to go back to RULE over
> your slave cause you will never control me btw BEFORE she met you she
> was a good friend now she has no time for her friends job or her son
> hope you are happy with that!!

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jun 27, 2004, 10:50am
Don´t you know that EVERYTHING is Linns business?
And not only that, if she hit her tumb with a hammer or an old relative
dies, it is sure like hell someone fault in activeworlds.

Drac
"bodhitah" <bodhitah at hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40db370c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I immediately reposted and admitted my mistake too... that's called
> common courtesy. You still don't get it... You nor anyone else has the
> right to question what an artist, model maker, bot or avatar maker does
> with their creations...whether they sell them, give them away or keep
> them to themselves is absolutely NONE of your business.

[View Quote]

bro

Jun 27, 2004, 2:39pm
Well we agree on one thing for sure. There should be speedy trials
and then death for rapists and murders. People who do those crimes
seldom change.
Here we take way too long to make sure people are guilty . The
common good of the people is at risk from our waiting for years
to go to trial.

So many times we have repeat offenders so far we never had that from
anyone in the grave.

Count I am not sure where you live. I would like to know. I know we
have people here from ever that is though. We have to watch our
borders to keep people from coming in not getting out. This is
wonderful country full of loving and giving people. Yes we have our
troubles too but we are big enough to try to change and vote on
those issues.

Tell us a little about the history of your country and why you have
this distain for the US.

Thanks to the internet the freedom to speak is growing world wide.
The old party lines don't work anymore everyone wants a voice and
with that comes the cost of learning what is true.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jun 29, 2004, 1:54am
I live in Finland, I agree that trials should be fast, but I cannot totally
agree on hard punishment and especially deathpenalty ( could be an option
for someone to choose instead of life ).
The main problem with deathpenalty is that one would need to be 100% sure
the person is guilty, now and then they let people out of jail, that they
have found out actually was innocent; how would one even try to correct a
mistake if the person is dead?

I belive that bad treatment in jail just make the persons more bad. The
reason why people become criminals in the first place ( when talking about
violence) is most likely the lack of empathy and love when growing up. I
agree that many people go back to jail, and seems like helpless cases, but
then again, some people learn and become respected citizens later; if only
given a chance.
By labeling an ex-prisoner so that he cannot get a job, he easily goes into
crime again.
One quite good method that has been used here also, is like "part time
jail". people go there for the night but go to work daytime, this way they
learn the basics of how society works. They get a better selfrespect and
most of all learn to respect others. When it is time to become free, they
already have a job and the basic in life, which quite often helps then stay
on the legal side in life.

I do not hate America and americans, I just highly dislike the current
goverment you have and all what it stand for.; disrespect for others, lies
and agressivity.
I do not care what americans do within their borders, but as soon as they
step outside and start invading countries, mistreating prisoners in camps
( who has not even had a trial), I think it is my duty as a humanist to
dislike it.

I know people try to get into your country illegal, on the other hand you
need them. If all illegal immigrants would suddenly move out, your economy
would be shaken quite badly.

I used to hate the Soviet Union, but it fall apart, so now it is USA and the
Europen Union I have to dislike; I just cannot stand imperialism.

Drac

"bro" <bro at geneband.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40def83c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well we agree on one thing for sure. There should be speedy
trials
> and then death for rapists and murders. People who do those crimes
> seldom change.
> Here we take way too long to make sure people are guilty . The
> common good of the people is at risk from our waiting for years
> to go to trial.
>
> So many times we have repeat offenders so far we never had that
from
> anyone in the grave.
>
> Count I am not sure where you live. I would like to know. I know we
> have people here from ever that is though. We have to watch our
> borders to keep people from coming in not getting out. This is
> wonderful country full of loving and giving people. Yes we have our
> troubles too but we are big enough to try to change and vote on
> those issues.
>
> Tell us a little about the history of your country and why you have
> this distain for the US.
>
> Thanks to the internet the freedom to speak is growing world wide.
> The old party lines don't work anymore everyone wants a voice and
> with that comes the cost of learning what is true.

[View Quote]

bro

Jun 29, 2004, 1:48pm

CD > I believe that bad treatment in jail just makes the persons more bad.
The reason why people become criminals in the first place ( when talking
about
> violence) is most likely the lack of empathy and love when growing up. I
> agree that many people go back to jail, and seems like helpless cases, but
> then again, some people learn and become respected citizens later; if only
> given a chance.
I really agree with you in some cases this is true, where people steal
to feed their family and crimes of passion also. That also there are
those people who will never change. They are born killers. Why? I don't
know but some people are born evil and have no chance to change. I don't
know why this is. I only know that we as a civilized race can not allow
this to be in our midst. There is always a chance when you have a
death plenty that someone may be innocent and still be killed. It is
sad but true. These all have to be weighed against the cost of being
kept in prison and also the risk to others.

I know it is a common thing to say "If one innocent life is lost we must
not do it". It sounds good but that is not the way the world works.
1000s of people each year are killed by riding horses and cars , yet we
still do it. We have to count the lose and gains in all things.

So it is with war also. You don't seem to like President Bush yet he has
been in office in one of our most perilous times . He has faced 911
and many other things. This man has been honest and strong, unlike
our last one who lied, was dishonest, and dishonored the office with
his abuse of privilege. We disagree on that I am sure.

Terrorist s effect the whole world and perhaps some people want to
stick their heads in the sand much like we did in past wars until
our lands were bombed . If we failed ever, it was not stepping in and
stopping Hitler early on. Perhaps you disagree. I am not sure. I
fought in Vietnam. I never killed or mistreated one person there.
I gave paper and pencil to the kids in the villages. I helped them
whenever I could to learn to read. One thing I took from there
is freedom has to be fought for or it cannot last. We have given
another country yet another chance to stand on its own . Now they
have to decide if that is worth the cost to fight and defend.
CD I do not care what Americans do within their borders, but as soon as
they
> step outside and start invading countries, mistreating prisoners in camps
> ( who has not even had a trial), I think it is my duty as a humanist to
> dislike it.
-
We have yet to retain any land taken in war. We helped to re build
Germany and Japan . We don't take over countries for ourselves. I
think we should really but we do not. When we move out, others will move
in and take the oil and try again to dominate. That is my fear anyway.

CD I know people try to get into your country illegally, on the other hand
you > need them. If all illegal immigrants would suddenly move out, your
economy
> would be shaken quite badly.

I would truly like to test that, Count. I think it would be very good
for us to work at the lower paid jobs. It would help our country.
I am not saying that other people who come here only take lower paid
jobs. Many come here at high wages but for the most part they
take lower paying jobs. Just like all of our ancestors who came here
.. We all started at the bottom and worked hard to gain a foothold. The
Germans, the Irish, even the Fins .

CD I used to hate the Soviet Union, but it fall apart, so now it is USA and
the European Union I have to dislike; I just cannot stand imperialism.
Count, you don't have to hate anyone. But if you must, hate those
that would take your freedom away and kill you for the color of your
skin. Those that would kill you because you worked hard and have more.
Those that would sneak in and blow up your cities for no reason.
Those that answer to no country but only want to destroy and tear
down. That my friend is not the USA .

ok emm, no one is born evil, just doesn't happen. that XXX chromoson thing
or whatever in serial killers, it's most probably all bullshit.
People act in certain ways because of past experiences, everything has an
effect on everything else. If you drow up in a house were you learn that
beating up people or stealing is alright, then that is what leads to
killing. It's all about how you were raised, and the people you grew up
with, and the situations you are faced with. no one is truely evil, they
just grew up in a certain way.

-SWE

[View Quote]

bodhitah

Jun 29, 2004, 4:12pm
Bro you said...
"So it is with war also. You don't seem to like President Bush yet he has
been in office in one of our most perilous times . He has faced 911
and many other things. This man has been honest and strong, unlike
our last one who lied, was dishonest, and dishonored the office with
his abuse of privilege. We disagree on that I am sure."

First off understand this...I too am a Vietnam vet and an American. Now
if you believe that George W. Bush is an honest and strong man you are
very much misinformed. Yes the previous President lied about getting
oral sex while on the government payroll, but it never cost one American
soldier his life. Never had an impact on your taxes or freedoms that you
enjoy. Bush's lies have cost us almost 1000 lives of our soldiers in
Iraq, not to mention the almost 10,000 lives of Iraqis, a fair number of
which were women, children and old people. This war costs American
taxpayers $1543.00 per SECOND. Are you getting Veteran's benefits? Then
you should know that George W. Bush has cut our benefits by 15 Billion
dollars without telling us.

Then you say...
"Terrorist s effect the whole world and perhaps some people want to
stick their heads in the sand much like we did in past wars until
our lands were bombed . If we failed ever, it was not stepping in and
stopping Hitler early on."

The Bush adminstration is very adept at creating paranoia, fear and
terror in the American people. The whole Terror threat level color
coding is laughable and absurd. The Bushies created this whole thing to
keep people afraid of leading their normal lives. Anyone that buys into
that kind of propanganda is a sad human being.
Did you know that Bush's Grandfather, Prescott, did banking business
with Germany's Nazi party before and during the war?

Then you said...
"I fought in Vietnam. I never killed or mistreated one person
there."
If you didn't kill one person there, you didn't fight, you stood around
and watched. If I took bullet wounds and grenade shrapnel because you
didn't kill someone, you better not ever show your face to me.

Then it's...
"One thing I took from there
is freedom has to be fought for or it cannot last."

It only lasted in Vietnam until we left. The same will happen in Iraq.

The last point I will address...you said...
"We have given another country yet another chance to stand on its
own . Now they
have to decide if that is worth the cost to fight and defend."

They were standing on their own before we invaded. Yes Saddam was a bad,
evil man. A bad evil man that Reagan and Bush Sr., Rumsfeld and Cheney
gave Chemical weapons to and trained his people to use them back in the
80's.
The U.S. has supported many bad, evil men in Central and South America.
The Phillipines and the Baltic states. Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
Israel and South Africa.

Americans that are ignorant of our foreign policies should educate
themselves and "get their heads out of the sand"

a Final note....See "Farenheit 911"

count dracula

Jun 29, 2004, 4:16pm
Yes, I can see we obviusly disagree on many points, and I do respect your
views and I am hapyy that the matters can be discussed civilized without
flaming.

I guess the problem with your method is , how do we know who was born evil
and who did just made a mistake they honestly regret?
I know people get killed in accidents, but I do not think it is fair to
compare it to that. I just think we should not accept that people get killed
accidentaly due to our legal system.

Yes I do not like Bush, on that we agree. I do not know where you have been
when they recently published a memo where Rumsfield had aproven abuse in
jails for example. The coalition has been in Iraq for quite a while now and
yet has no mass-destruction weapons been found ( that was one reason for
war). No evidence of Saddam Hussein supporting Al-Quaida has neither been
found ( another reason for war).
Do you honestly think all is well now in Iraq? To me it looks more chaotic
than ever. Earlier a "western" person could travel to middle east, now it
seems if you have pink skin you will most likely be killed.

What people do not seem to understand with this war is, that it is the best
commecial for terrorist organizations ever. It has never been this easy to
recrute new members.

"bro" <bro at geneband.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40e18f57 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> CD > I believe that bad treatment in jail just makes the persons more
bad.
> The reason why people become criminals in the first place ( when talking
> about
but
only
> I really agree with you in some cases this is true, where people
steal
> to feed their family and crimes of passion also. That also there are
> those people who will never change. They are born killers. Why? I don't
> know but some people are born evil and have no chance to change. I
don't
> know why this is. I only know that we as a civilized race can not allow
> this to be in our midst. There is always a chance when you have a
> death plenty that someone may be innocent and still be killed. It
is
> sad but true. These all have to be weighed against the cost of
being
> kept in prison and also the risk to others.
>
> I know it is a common thing to say "If one innocent life is lost we
must
> not do it". It sounds good but that is not the way the world works.
> 1000s of people each year are killed by riding horses and cars , yet
we
> still do it. We have to count the lose and gains in all things.
>
> So it is with war also. You don't seem to like President Bush yet he has
> been in office in one of our most perilous times . He has faced
911
> and many other things. This man has been honest and strong, unlike
> our last one who lied, was dishonest, and dishonored the office with
> his abuse of privilege. We disagree on that I am sure.
>
> Terrorist s effect the whole world and perhaps some people want to
> stick their heads in the sand much like we did in past wars until
> our lands were bombed . If we failed ever, it was not stepping in
and
> stopping Hitler early on. Perhaps you disagree. I am not sure. I
> fought in Vietnam. I never killed or mistreated one person there.
> I gave paper and pencil to the kids in the villages. I helped
them
> whenever I could to learn to read. One thing I took from there
> is freedom has to be fought for or it cannot last. We have given
> another country yet another chance to stand on its own . Now they
> have to decide if that is worth the cost to fight and defend.
> CD I do not care what Americans do within their borders, but as soon as
> they
camps

> -
> We have yet to retain any land taken in war. We helped to re
build
> Germany and Japan . We don't take over countries for ourselves. I
> think we should really but we do not. When we move out, others will
move
> in and take the oil and try again to dominate. That is my fear anyway.

> CD I know people try to get into your country illegally, on the other
hand
> you > need them. If all illegal immigrants would suddenly move out, your
> economy
>
> I would truly like to test that, Count. I think it would be very
good
> for us to work at the lower paid jobs. It would help our country.
> I am not saying that other people who come here only take lower
paid
> jobs. Many come here at high wages but for the most part they
> take lower paying jobs. Just like all of our ancestors who came
here
> . We all started at the bottom and worked hard to gain a foothold. The
> Germans, the Irish, even the Fins .

> CD I used to hate the Soviet Union, but it fall apart, so now it is USA
and
> the European Union I have to dislike; I just cannot stand imperialism.
> Count, you don't have to hate anyone. But if you must, hate those
> that would take your freedom away and kill you for the color of your
> skin. Those that would kill you because you worked hard and have more.
> Those that would sneak in and blow up your cities for no reason.
> Those that answer to no country but only want to destroy and tear
> down. That my friend is not the USA .

bro

Jun 29, 2004, 7:20pm
#1 I don't think almost 2 years in country and driving over 1/2
million miles with my back side bleeding hauling ammo of all types
is standing around. Yes I fired a m16 on line many times did I see
my bullet hit another person no!.

Yes I too was wounded in a fire fight big deal I am not dead like
some of my friends.

You say Clinton never caused any lives to be lost. Hog wash how
could you know that. Perhaps his weak inaction cost all the lives in
!!. Much like Carter who sit and wanted to reason with terrorists.

You want look at made up crap from Moore feel free to waste your
money and time.

[View Quote]

bodhitah

Jun 29, 2004, 9:03pm
Ahhh excuse me... I'm so sorry that you had to spend a measly 2 years in
country. Even sorrier you spent almost the entire time driving. There
was no driving to where I spent most of my nearly 4 years. Although I'm
glad you were there to make sure we all had ammo.

now to politics... It would do me no good to have a battle of wits with
an unarmed person, so I'll save you the defeat by retreating.

uninformed people do more damage to elections and democratic process
than terrorists.

btw Michael Moore's movie contains 100% verifiable facts...do not take
the word of some talking head on Fox News...see it for yourself

1  ...  2  3  4  5  |