money (Community)

money // Community

1  2  3  4  5  |

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 2:48pm
I have never seen so many ppl asking for donations in my life here
that's a CON don't you know we ,well most of us, KNOW that!!!

caseyangel

Jun 18, 2004, 2:59pm
yep, it's internet fraud
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/10/topten.htm

[View Quote]

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 3:25pm
LOL yes well I need dinner tonight so send your donations to LAMO its
soooo silly should just get a tin cup!

[View Quote]

andras

Jun 18, 2004, 3:59pm
[View Quote] > I have never seen so many ppl asking for donations in my life here
> that's a CON don't you know we ,well most of us, KNOW that!!!

It could be a con but I don't think so. Several of us working for the community free to make YOUR life simpler in AW.
You are not obliged to donate - it is an option :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

builderz

Jun 18, 2004, 5:31pm
Not all donations are scams, Linn. I've donated at least $15 USD to
XelaG for his work on the Xelagot/Av99bot. He didn't drop off the face
of the planet yet and close down his website because I sent him some
money and I doubt he is going to funnel my money to some mobster or
something. :)

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > I have never seen so many ppl asking for donations in my life here
> that's a CON don't you know we ,well most of us, KNOW that!!!

builderz

Jun 18, 2004, 5:33pm
Andras is correct (I also sent him a donation in the past). If you
support a hard working person or organization in AW and would like to
donate, then by all means, go ahead. No one is forcing you to do so. In
most cases, it is completely optional.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > It could be a con but I don't think so. Several of us working for the
> community free to make YOUR life simpler in AW.
> You are not obliged to donate - it is an option :)

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 5:50pm
well all MY free work and time for YOU in AW is free :-)

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 6:28pm
That's great Linn, so do I ... but if you had a paypal *donation* option,
and I was in the mood I just might click it as a way to thank you for all
your hard work & time. So I guess a verbal *thank you* will hafta do for you
at this point. BTW your doll rocks LOL. Thank you!

As for me I have put a paypal donation (gift) button on my site. And since
both me and my hubby are currently out of work any gift would be
appreciated. At this point I'll be lucky if I don't have to close my world
in two months cause of lack of funds. And unfortunately I've recently
learned that someone DID have to close his world, someone that has been a
pillar in the aw community. I won't mention names but it's a dang shame to
see it happen. In another couple of months he'll have to leave aw uni as his
cit expires once again. No point in saying WHO he is, most should be able to
guess ... my point is it should never have come to this for him, not with
what he's *given freely*. Perhaps he should have charged, I'm sure his work
is established enough that he very well could have done so, he chooses not
to and has a donation button on his site as well. I'm not saying for this
individual *we the people* owe him, although we probably do, but surely AWI
can afford to give him free cits and a world to play and test in. OK I'm
ranting now...

As for me, some folks like what I've done, some don't ... the option is
there if they choose to use it. I think having that option allows people to
give if they want to and can afford to. As a matter of a fact I have it in
my world also ... I've never gotten any donations and that's fine too, I
just give people that option. I even had someone tell me it should be on my
site (it wasn't before, was only in my world on a sign) ... so there it is.
At some point in time I'll be good enough at modeling to charge, as others
do, and I should. For now I'm *learning* and that stuff is free.

Heck if I were better off than I am now and had money to burn, I'd donate to
some that I should have like XeLaG, Drac, and others that give and give and
give.

Just my 2cents.rwx ...

LNH

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 6:36pm
lol Lady and your opinion is appreciated alto SOME of those ppl who have
the donation buttons are very well off so it like an insult to some of us
who scrape by.......and while they do a lot for AW they will find other
ways to insult us as in this very NG and no one does a thing about it
racial slurs religious slurs all against the AW so called rules
but tell ya what lets get together and make a lil tin cup LOL

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 6:39pm
Well OK, but it seemed like you objected to all in your initial post. Have
you changed that then, to just some who aren't in need or what exactly do
you mean? Just curious...

LNH

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 6:41pm
I re read that first post and nowhere in it do I say "all" I also am not
the one who said it was a scam :-)

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 6:45pm
>I have never seen so many ppl asking for donations in my life here
>that's a CON don't you know we ,well most of us, KNOW that!!!

I am referring to the above. I'm unclear as to what you mean. If you were
referring to only *some people*, I'm sure all those who have a paypal or
other donation link somewhere in their world or site wonders if you are
implying they are CONs? Clarify please...

LNH

wizard myrddin

Jun 18, 2004, 6:46pm
Personally I think aw in the true sense of the community spirit should offer
some free cits to these in need and have been members for a number of year,
perhaps these that might have fell on hard time.

Even better aw.inc set up some trust fund or if they need cit money a fund
for deserving members. That is great publicity for a caring community and
one up on many of the new products into the 3D games market.

A community is one that cares when one falls on hard times.

Share and Enjoy

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 6:49pm
I couldn't agree with you more Wiz!

LNH

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 6:52pm
gosh Lady I re re read it LMAO and I still didn't say ALL no I don't think
all are the same in anything thank God for small favors

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 7:06pm
*Confuseled* but let's it pass... so then, a hug is in order me thinks? LOL
Hugzzz

LNH

builderz

Jun 18, 2004, 7:08pm
Had no idea you and your husband were out of work, Lady. :( I just sent
you a small donation via PayPal.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

wizard myrddin

Jun 18, 2004, 7:11pm
Now that's Community spirit. You should be proud of yourself Builderz.

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 18, 2004, 7:16pm
Eh, I'm sure you would of done the same, Wizard. I try to give back to
the community with some of the money I make from hosting when I can
afford it.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > Now that's Community spirit. You should be proud of yourself Builderz.

lady nighthawk

Jun 18, 2004, 7:17pm
Awww Builderz, that was sweet of you, thank you. My post was not meant to
tout my problems ... others are worse off than I am I'm sure. It was meant
to say that some are legitimate to ask for donations even tho what they give
is given freely ... just to say that if you wanted to give a gift and you
could afford it ... those that put such links on their site or work would
probably appreciate it.

I do have faith that this is just a rough spot in the road for us, and have
hopes that it will pass soon. I can think of many more aw cits that are in
my same spot in the road, or shall I see we're in the same boat, I only wish
I could do for them as you have done for me.

Again thank you sooooo much for your kindness! Blessing to you...

LNH

qrv

Jun 18, 2004, 8:13pm
DARN IT ! Casey & I should have asked everyone who attended our fest to
donate to us for giving them a good time. Well Casey, we mi$$ed out on
that...

[View Quote]

caseyangel

Jun 18, 2004, 8:21pm
it's past yer bedtime =P
*pats ya on the head* night night =D

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jun 18, 2004, 8:48pm
I do have a sign in Freebies saying something like feel free to donate a few
bucks if you feel rich. Why do I have this?
Well I am not rich, I have been sick for 6 years and been unable to work. A
big chip of the money I get monthly goes to pay server rent, not to forget
that worlds needs to be renewed also.

I put the sign there simply for those who really felt they want to donate
something for thousends of hours of workbut mostly for trying to get help
for the running costs. If one choose not to donate even if beeing filthy
rich that is ok also :)

But if you somehow try to make me feel like a con with this post, you have
the right to do so, but my intension with the sign was never to try to scam
people out of money.

Drac
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40d31ce5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I have never seen so many ppl asking for donations in my life here
> that's a CON don't you know we ,well most of us, KNOW that!!!

xelag

Jun 18, 2004, 9:04pm
Some people love to put other people down, Count Drac, with this sort
of comment.

I also have a PayPal button on my pages. I have been on an invalidity
pension now for quite a few years, and am struggling to survive on it.
My PayPal button is for those who really want to donate and can do so.
All in all, I received about $150 in the time it has been up, all from
people who enjoyed my bots, from a $5 contribution to higher. It made
them feel good, and it made me feel good too, and I won't turn into a
millionaire with this CON action of mine, nether is that my intention.

And you can use my bot freely without paying a cent, and without
remorse about it too. Don't let people CON you into thinking you are
being CONNED when that is not the case :)

Alex

On 18 Jun 2004 18:48:19 -0400, "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi>
[View Quote] >I do have a sign in Freebies saying something like feel free to donate a few
>bucks if you feel rich. Why do I have this?
>Well I am not rich, I have been sick for 6 years and been unable to work. A
>big chip of the money I get monthly goes to pay server rent, not to forget
>that worlds needs to be renewed also.
>
>I put the sign there simply for those who really felt they want to donate
>something for thousends of hours of workbut mostly for trying to get help
>for the running costs. If one choose not to donate even if beeing filthy
>rich that is ok also :)
>
>But if you somehow try to make me feel like a con with this post, you have
>the right to do so, but my intension with the sign was never to try to scam
>people out of money.
>
>Drac
>"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
>news:40d31ce5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

linn

Jun 18, 2004, 10:17pm
maybe yall should use that money you spend on computers servers worlds
etc to eat on :-)

[View Quote]

xelag

Jun 18, 2004, 11:29pm
On 18 Jun 2004 20:17:44 -0400, "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com>
[View Quote] >maybe yall should use that money you spend on computers servers worlds
>etc to eat on :-)

Maybe you should mind your own business for a change?

The computers, servers, worlds are donated to a great extent, I would
not have the means to finance them. I have two computers, one is very
old (I paid for it myself), one is very new and donated by one of my
sisters. I have no servers, DigitalSpace gratefully allows me to set
up bots to help other people and to host my world, Imatowns sponsors
my xelagot pages to a great extent, and so do others who prefer to
remain anonymous. I pay for my own internet connection, and for all
the software I use. This includes the software to make xelagot and
other free applications. All of this is used by the community as a
whole, including you I guess.

Your fantasies are great, but keep them to yourself and enjoy them
privately. It is now very clear to me that this thread (and other
negative postings) are the fruit of your personal obsessions, and
those of a few of your friends.

What I eat is my own business :)

Alex

xelag

Jun 18, 2004, 11:42pm
Oh and BTW Linn, thats for your article. I just got notification of
PayPal of 3 new payments, explicitely stating your posting as reason.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

On 18 Jun 2004 20:17:44 -0400, "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com>
[View Quote] >maybe yall should use that money you spend on computers servers worlds
>etc to eat on :-)

lady nighthawk

Jun 19, 2004, 12:02am
Congrats Alex ... I hope you get more donations ... your bots rock and YOU
deserve them! Way to go! And whoever donated, yous ROCK!

LNH

builderz

Jun 19, 2004, 12:02am
LOL. Maybe I can send Linn a donation to keep her (I assume Linn is
female) quiet? ;)

[View Quote] > Oh and BTW Linn, thats for your article. I just got notification of
> PayPal of 3 new payments, explicitely stating your posting as reason.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Alex

LOL!!! well, would someone post about me scamming people for mercedes SL55
AMGs then? oh, i'd like my threee to be, navy blue, black and silver please,
cream leather seats for all of them :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  |